NAME:Robin,Cynthia,Ashley,Kaci & Buster

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION:N/A

DATE SS RECD:6-8-09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED:N/A

ADDITIONAL INFO:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations Chowy, as I understand it your meds are approved, mine say the same thing - both sets of them!!!

Under normal circumstances I would of maybe thought so but after the 23rd changes I can't understand them even looking at my files never mind processing them into a pass?

Maybe it's just a quick general reply that actually means yeah we've got them and thats it?

Who knows anymore, until I have official confirmation in writing that I have a Visa I'm never going to believe anything anymore. :daydreaming:

With all thats gone on the reply looks like a rushed response due to the fact it's just slotted in there at the bottom of a automated response and there for might not mean very much, I'm sure their sick of people sending email's asking for them to check their case.

Just a quick thought but do you have access to check the DIAC online tracking facility? If so, what does it say on there?

I did my application by post so don't have means of tracking online, I wish I could see some official document to say one way or the other. :(

I think we can turn anything around now with the current changes into something we want to be true!

Thanks for your thoughts :)

:daydreaming:

With all thats gone on the reply looks like a rushed response due to the fact it's just slotted in there at the bottom of a automated response and there for might not mean very much, I'm sure their sick of people sending email's asking for them to check their case.

I think this response means just what it says - Your medicals has been finalized. There is nothing strange in it because the medical assessment is made by separate organisation - HOC, and it does not care about any priorities in DIAC. It looks at an applicant docs as they arrive to their office.

And clerk at DIAC made you a favour by telling you the status of your meds. So, you should be glad, I think.

I think this response means just what it says - Your medicals has been finalized. There is nothing strange in it because the medical assessment is made by separate organisation - HOC, and it does not care about any priorities in DIAC. It looks at an applicant docs as they arrive to their office.

And clerk at DIAC made you a favour by telling you the status of your meds. So, you should be glad, I think.

I am more than glad if true.

So the meds go to somewhere else for a decision and then forwarded to DIAC?

Thanks.

Guest VickyMel

Occupation is a Toolmaker, our situation, (as I'm so old, 43) is to go ss anyway!!

Whilst I am posting this, is there any reason why you cannot apply for ss in more than 1 state?

I think you can apply for SS in more than one state and that most states don't have a problem with this.

However Victoria are very strict about you only applying to them (see posts in the VIC thread)

I think some people who have applied found that the state sent the SS nomination straight to DIAC and that state was lodged with their application rather than potentially the one they might have preferred.

Maybe also take a look at some of the SS threads to see the timelines

VIC http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/65713-vic-state-sponsered-update.html

WA http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/61412-wa-state-sponser-update-where-you-now.html

QLD http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/59724-qld-state-sponsor-update-where-you-now.html

SA also has a thread (search for the link) and I think has a very quick turnaround (few weeks)

Hi all,

I have a question that maybe somebody could answer for me or have a idea what it could mean? Let me explain the situation,

Joiner

Subclass 176

South Australia SS

My details are as follows up to present date,

State sponsor application to SA 7th May 2009 and approved on 20th May 2009

Main 176 application received by DIAC on 22nd June 2009 and CO on the 4th August 2009

Police checks and Meds asked for on the 4th August 2009

Police checks sent to DIAC on the 27th September 2009

Medical undertaken on the 11th September 2009 and sent by the Doctor to DIAC on the 22nd September 2009

Now I know that my file will be put into 'storage' like everybody else but my main concern is with my medicals, as I have a medical problem and a past medical history my application has always hinged on passing the medical, it's one thing to wait for the answer due to legislation changes and delays but with the added pressure of not knowing if I will even pass the medical is pretty unbearable.

For all I know I could wait another 2 or 3 years until my case is opened again and then I fail the medical, my one area that is the problem, everything else is perfect and as you can see from the stats the application has gone really smooth and fast.

I have emailed DIAC over the last few weeks to see if they have received my medical documents, the last tracking I had was when they left the UK around the 25th September 2009, I just want to at least know they have them safe and sound, I know they will either become redundant depending on time or that they will be shelved with the rest of my doc's, but at least I would know they have them.

Today I got a email, the usual automated reply that everybody is getting about CSL and so on but at the bottom it says The Medicals have been recieved and finalised. ?

> Dear Mr XXX,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration program.

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set

new priority processing arrangements for certain Skilled Migration visas.

These arrangements are designed to better address the needs of industry

by targeting skills in critical need across a number of sectors. The new

priority processing Direction commenced on 23 September 2009.

The Direction applies to applications in the pipeline that have not been

finalised and to applications lodged with the Department of Immigration

and Citizenship on or after 23 September 2009.

Under the Ministerial Direction the following processing priorities (with

the highest priority listed first) apply:

1. applications from persons who are employer sponsored under the ENS and

the RSMS;

2. applications from persons who are nominated by a State/Territory

government and have nominated an occupation on the Critical Skills List

(CSL);

3. applications from persons who are sponsored by family and whose

occupation is listed on the CSL;

4. applications from persons who are neither nominated nor sponsored but

who have nominated an occupation on the CSL;

5. applications from persons who are nominated by a State/Territory

government and have not nominated an occupation on the CSL;

6. (i) applications from persons whose occupations are listed on the

Migration Occupations in Demand List; and

(ii) applications from persons who are sponsored by family and have not

nominated an occupation on the CSL;

7. all other applications are to be processed in the order in which they

are received.

The CSL is a list of occupations developed in response to the changing

critical skills needs of Australia. Only those occupations which are

currently on the CSL are eligible to receive priority processing. The

complete list of occupations on the CSL is available on the Department’s

migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf

As your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you are not sponsored

by an employer, the processing of your visa application will not be

finalised until those visa applications which meet the higher processing

priorities are finalised.

This priority processing Direction supersedes all previous Directions and

applies to all unfinalised GSM applications with the exception of the

subclass 476, 883 and 887 visas identified above. This Direction applies

irrespective of whether the application is newly lodged, has been assessed

and is in the final stages of processing, or is nominated by a State or

Territory government or family sponsor.

The ASPC is developing procedures to process applications in accordance

with the new Government Direction that has been announced effective 23

September. CSL cases will be given the highest priority and that is where

the ASPC will be focussing its attention. Once the ASPC has established

processing arrangements for CSL cases, we will be in a position to provide

further advice, which, hopefully can be done by the end of October 2009.

If you were requested to undergo health and character checks but have not

yet initiated these, you should now not proceed until a further request

is made by the Department.

If you have already undergone your health and character checks, these

should be forwarded to the Department. However, please note that

processing will not proceed until further notice.

If you have undertaken your medical examination at Health Services

Australia (HSA) and have received your results in a sealed envelope,

please do not send the results to DIAC. We ask that you do not open this

envelope but store this in a secure place until instructed otherwise.

To be granted a visa this program year, applicants will need to meet visa

requirements and be sponsored by an employer or have a nominated

occupation listed on the CSL.

If you wish to have your application processed as a priority, you may wish

to consider seeking an Australian employer to formally sponsor you.

Further information is available on the Department’s website at: http:

//www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

Information on our current processing priorities and timeframes can be

obtained by sending a blank email to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au. This

is an automated service providing processing information only. Please do

not send any other enquiry or information to this email address.

The Medicals have been recieved and finalised.

Further enquiries may be directed to the Department’s post-lodgement

enquiry form: General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form

Yours sincerely

J Baldwin

General Skilled Migration – Adelaide

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Now getting to the point! LOL I know I'm not going to be processed but does this mean any of the following?

1 - They have my medicals and now they will be stored with the rest of my files until it is my turn to have it all looked at?

2 - They have my medicals and I have passed them, now the files will be stored and it's just a matter of waiting and hoping?

3 - None of the above and I'm just clutching at straws?

How long does it take for the medical to get passed under normal circumstances before the 23rd changes if everything is OK, how many days after they receive them? days, weeks, months?

Any advice or opinion would be appreciated, like I said the wait is bad enough, but bearable if I pass on the medical side as this is my only stumbling block.

But the thought of waiting another 2 years or so and then to fail on the meds when my case is looked at is unbearable, I thought a answer would of come at the end of this year and I could get on with my life, even a NO answer from my meds would at least laid all this to rest and I could of moved on but now I'm just hanging on like the rest of you but with the fact in the back of my mind I probably will fail the medical anyway. :sad:

Thanks for reading. :wink:

If you medicals say finalised then you have passed them. They are valid for a year so if you get your visa in that time you will be fine. If you dont it is highly likely that you will have to do them again. We had ours done in March so time is running out for us!

Hi been off and on the forum for a while, "posted my 2 peneth" on a couple of topics, but finally decided to add our details

TRA sent 09/07/09

TRA successful 28/07/09

WA ss sent 2/08/09

Occupation is a Toolmaker, our situation, (as I'm so old, 43) is to go ss anyway!!

Whilst I am posting this, is there any reason why you cannot apply for ss in more than 1 state?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul my OH is a Toolmaker and we have succesful WA SS as you can see from our timeline we have been waiting over 13 months now. South Australia have recently updated there lists and Toolmaker was still on it so some good news. Good luck with your application!

NAME:Robin,Cynthia,Ashley,Kaci & Buster

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION:N/A

DATE SS RECD:6-8-09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED:N/A

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Hi Carrick

Thanks for your info, just wondering if you have actually applied for the visa yet as you have put DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION:N/A... I need this date to know where to put you in the list, so if you could give me some more info on this please I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Tasha

Hi been off and on the forum for a while, "posted my 2 peneth" on a couple of topics, but finally decided to add our details

TRA sent 09/07/09

TRA successful 28/07/09

WA ss sent 2/08/09

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for posting your info, I would love to add you to our front page where we have a list of 176 SS non-csl people waiting. I just need to know what date you applied for your visa in order that I can add your info. I have a feeling from what you have said though that you are still waiting to get your State Sponsorship before you can put your application in. If this is the case, please come back to us once you have this done so I can put you on the list in date order.

NAME: Eddie

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: ?????

DATE SS RECD: applied to WA 02/08/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: N/A

ADDITIONAL INFO: -

Thanks

Tasha

thanks, it was my agent that instructed me to get meds etc done so ill ask them if they were instructed. what about you tasha have you done yours.? so whats your plan to wait 2 to 3 years or try another route? good luck !!

No we have not done our meds yet. I was going to book them the day the changes happened, but once again we missed the boat - thats the story of my life... Always trying to be one step ahead but alway manage to be one step behind!!! :laugh:

To be honest we are not in a position to go straight away like you guys and we dont have older children like many others, so for the time being we are going to sit it out and wait and see what happens. Although I will be praying that they make some positive changes soon because we don't want to wait for 3 years to get there. If once we are ready to go we may look into the ENS route, but feel it will be a tough one to crack as tradies are going to find it hard to get a sponsor due to the 3 year contract necessary. Normally the trades are sub contracted with just a 6 month contract at the most! We are just playing it by ear for now.

All the best in what you do.

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi all,

I have a question that maybe somebody could answer for me or have a idea what it could mean? Let me explain the situation,

Joiner

Subclass 176

South Australia SS

Hi Chowy

I hope you have the answers you were looking for. Unfortunately, I am unable to help with your questions as have not got that far with our application. But some people have given you some good advice.

Just wanted to know if you would like me to add your details to the front page? If so, please fill out the following and I will put you in date order of your application.

NAME:

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION:

DATE SS RECD:

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Thanks

Tasha:wubclub:

Guest leebaker3

Hi Tasha,

Here's my details;

NAME: LeeBaker3

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: N/A

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 28th August 2009

DATE SS RECD: 26th August 2009 (QLD)

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: N/A

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Lee

Hi Chowy

I hope you have the answers you were looking for. Unfortunately, I am unable to help with your questions as have not got that far with our application. But some people have given you some good advice.

Just wanted to know if you would like me to add your details to the front page? If so, please fill out the following and I will put you in date order of your application.

NAME:

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION:

DATE SS RECD:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Thanks

NAME: chowy

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 22/06/2009

DATE SS RECD: 21/05/2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 22/10/2009

Guest carrick2

hi tasha.....we're going thru this rigmarole with an agency,as far as i kno they waitin on state sponsorship to come thru b4 applying for the visa....we've had no word on ss yet so and no money taken for visa so thats all the info i can give at the moment,sorry..............robin

Guest bebac30

Pls add my application.

NAME: bebac30

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 28/10/2009

DATE SS RECD: 09/10/2009

Guest VickyMel

Hi Bebac great to see you here :biggrin:

Radio Programme on effect of 23/09 Migration changes

In case of interest to anyone on another thread I saw McKlaut has posted that ABC Radio have a programme called "The National Interest" which seemingly is going to be discussing the changes to migration 23/09.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/69397-new-changes-state-sponsored-migration-80.html#post607688

Friday 30 October (repeated midday Sunday 1 Nov)

Their web site is The National Interest

Hi Bebac great to see you here :biggrin:

Radio Programme on effect of 23/09 Migration changes

In case of interest to anyone on another thread I saw McKlaut has posted that ABC Radio have a programme called "The National Interest" which seemingly is going to be discussing the changes to migration 23/09.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/69397-new-changes-state-sponsored-migration-80.html#post607688

Friday 30 October (repeated midday Sunday 1 Nov)

Their web site is The National Interest

TO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD!!!

Firstly, thanks to Vicky for posting this information here... I think that McKlaut has done an amazing job getting the attention of ABC Radio and this give us all the opportunity to get our feelings heard to many people.

There are a few of us now on this thread who have been shafted by the September changes... please take the time to write up your story regarding the immigration sham and send it to them through the contact us on this link The National Interest before they air the show on Friday 30th October.

If we are to be heard then we need to be united on this... so please please take the time to write... all the information is there we just need you to write your own personal story. The more people who write the bigger this story will become!

Thank you in advance to everyone who writes.

Guest AndreanDaz
TO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD!!!

Firstly, thanks to Vicky for posting this information here... I think that McKlaut has done an amazing job getting the attention of ABC Radio and this give us all the opportunity to get our feelings heard to many people.

There are a few of us now on this thread who have been shafted by the September changes... please take the time to write up your story regarding the immigration shame and send it to them through the contact us on this link The National Interest before they air the show on Friday 30th October.

If we are to be heard then we need to be united on this... so please please take the time to write... all the information is there we just need you to write your own personal story. The more people who write the bigger this story will become!

Thank you in advance to everyone who writes.

Hi,

I haven't posted on here for quite some time now but will certainly air our views in light of the changes before Friday. We too have gained some publicity relating to how we've been affected by all the changes since September 2007. We have had our story covered in the October edition of 'Emigrate' Magazine, entitled 'A Scary Move'. It was a shock to say the least as although we'd emailed them they never actually acknowledged the email and we were not aware they were going to run a full 1 1/2 page spread on us and the 23/9 changes. The piece highlights how would-be migrants are to be affected by the ever moving goalposts and refers to 23/9 as the new Friday 13th!!!!

Andrea

Hi,

I haven't posted on here for quite some time now but will certainly air our views in light of the changes before Friday. We too have gained some publicity relating to how we've been affected by all the changes since September 2007. We have had our story covered in the October edition of 'Emigrate' Magazine, entitled 'A Scary Move'. It was a shock to say the least as although we'd emailed them they never actually acknowledged the email and we were not aware they were going to run a full 1 1/2 page spread on us and the 23/9 changes. The piece highlights how would-be migrants are to be affected by the ever moving goalposts and refers to 23/9 as the new Friday 13th!!!!

Andrea

Hi Andrea

Well done for being heard. Do you have a link to the magazine and story as I would love to read what they have written. Being based in France I am unable to pick up a copy of this.

Thanks

Tasha

Hi Andrea

Well done for being heard. Do you have a link to the magazine and story as I would love to read what they have written. Being based in France I am unable to pick up a copy of this.

Thanks

Tasha

:wideeyed: Link to the October edition:

Emigrate Magazine

Obviously it wont have the same format as the magazine, but does have news....:yes:

Link to the October edition:

Emigrate Magazine

Obviously it wont have the same format as the magazine, but does have news....:yes:

Its a bit decieving too saying that if you apply now and you are on the CSL and you occupation gets removed from the CSL then you application will continue as if it were still on it...ahem bo**locks we all no that sure aint true!:mad:

Its a bit decieving too saying that if you apply now and you are on the CSL and you occupation gets removed from the CSL then you application will continue as if it were still on it...ahem bo**locks we all no that sure aint true!:mad:

This agent just want to have more applicants' money. That's all.

Guest AndreanDaz
Hi Andrea

Thanks

Tasha

I have had a look and there doesn't appear to be anything on the website about the story, only references made to the changes.

Andrea

This agent just want to have more applicants' money. That's all.

The agent has a point to make about CSL and priority processing. The agent is merely shoring up business by saying to the prospective client to put through an application as quickly as possible. Whether or not migration policies change again, is anyone's guess, but at this moment, apply as quickly as you can and hope and pray for the best.

Quite frankly, while the agent should be responsible in accessing an applicant's prospects and ensuring success, anyone attempting to migrate under Australia's flaky migration programme is bound to trudge a long and arduous journey with no end in sight.

Archived