176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAME: stinka

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 7 October 2008

DATE SS RECD: 23 July 2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: pc's 6 October 2009 meds sent to Sydney 29 September 2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: meds done day of changes (23 September) whilst we were blissfully unaware as email not received from Agent until that evening :(:(:(

Guest dunkyboy

just checking the online tracking (again)

and my meds now have the following:

13/10/2009 Health requirements finalised

13/10/2009 Further medical results received

13/10/2009 HIV blood test received

it had the same thing for my wifes meds although for her it was a day later 14/10/2009, does this mean everything is good with the medicals and we can relax ?

We only had them done on 6/10/2009 so this seems quite fast, my wife has a thyroid condition and has been worried sick that they would refuse her due to that,

thanks

Dunc :cool:

Hi Dunc,

As far as I understand it the 'requirements finalised' means that they've passed! Now you can sit back, join the non-CSL 176 crowd and hope for changes to processing priorities.

Cheers,

Buzz

Hi Guys,

I enquired about the state of my application and got an email back saying I would get an update to my application in a couple of days. That's it. A couple of days for DIAC maybe a week but something is coming out real soon regarding the decision to process applications in the final stages.

Final stages for me are all apps where meds and police checks have been requested.

I know this decision is in the balance but my feeling is DIAC will want to "keep the faith" and processing a couple of thousand extra visas to save the bad press for wasting peoples time and money. 2000+ apps with average meds + police checks bill of say £700 = £1.4 million plus.

My feeling is we may have slightly better then 50-50 chance of processing which is better that no chance for apps that have not reached the meds and police check request.

Good luck to all!

it had the same thing for my wifes meds although for her it was a day later 14/10/2009, does this mean everything is good with the medicals and we can relax ?

We only had them done on 6/10/2009 so this seems quite fast, my wife has a thyroid condition and has been worried sick that they would refuse her due to that,

thanks

I would say that this means they are all done & dusted.....Congratulations....:cute:

RE: "Final stages for me are all apps where meds and police checks have been requested"

I would like to think that they also seriously consider those applications where the meds have been finalised, police checks and all other documentation has been completed but where they were not requested by CO. My application has been in since 05 June and is totally ready to be processed.. it would be no major hassle for them to assign a CO then process as if they had been requested?

Hi Guys,

I enquired about the state of my application and got an email back saying I would get an update to my application in a couple of daysHi Guys,

Hi, I noticed you mention something similar on another thread. Is that a second email that now says 'a couple of days' or are you just paraphrasing the first message from your CO (which was end of october).

Getting quite excited if end of october is now possibly only a couple of days!!

Do you have the email you can copy on here 9minus names of course) :)

Hi, I noticed you mention something similar on another thread. Is that a second email that now says 'a couple of days' or are you just paraphrasing the first message from your CO (which was end of october).

Getting quite excited if end of october is now possibly only a couple of days!!

:)

Well, the big meeting is taking place on the 20th....So you never know, wouldnt that be so fantastic.....:yes:

But I think we should ground ourselves a little here & just hope for better news in the next 2 weeks.....:notworthy:

Guest timkerbell2009

We checked online too and everything including the meds and PC's have all been met and finalised. Hoping our CO will have good news for us soon and all the others in this position. Good luck all x

Guest timpage

Hello Tasha, and everyone, Well what a crappy month. Here we go, here are my details.

NAME: Tim Page

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 10-08-09

DATE SS RECD:29-07-09

DATE MEDS & PC'S finalised: 08-09-09

ADDITIONAL INFO: on diac my situation is processing commenced.

Also I got my meds and pc without being asked I thought I'd be ready for them when a CO was assigned ( ha dumb ass)

Keep positive everyone, I'm sure it will turn out alright in the end.

Well we are right back where we started :mad: our police checks arrived on the 23 rd . just our luck:laugh: that was all we had left to go then visa? Oh well .

Hi Stevie

Its not good all these changes... we would love for you to come and join this thread if you are a 176 SS non-csl'er... please check out the front page and see the list we have so far! you can copy and paste the info on a post and I will add you, if you are interested.

It is quite interesting to know roughly how many of us are waiting and in Priority No.5 now... I have to say I thought there would be more than what we have so far!

Thanks

Tasha

Hi Guys,

I enquired about the state of my application and got an email back saying I would get an update to my application in a couple of days. That's it. A couple of days for DIAC maybe a week but something is coming out real soon regarding the decision to process applications in the final stages.

Final stages for me are all apps where meds and police checks have been requested.

I know this decision is in the balance but my feeling is DIAC will want to "keep the faith" and processing a couple of thousand extra visas to save the bad press for wasting peoples time and money. 2000+ apps with average meds + police checks bill of say £700 = £1.4 million plus.

My feeling is we may have slightly better then 50-50 chance of processing which is better that no chance for apps that have not reached the meds and police check request.

Good luck to all!

Hey, thanks so much for this information, we are all very interested to know what reply you get.... :wideeyed:

Please do keep in touch....:chatterbox:

NAME:Heinrich

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 176 - 28/1/2009

DATE SS RECD: 19/2/2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 3/7/09 with further docs 16/10/09

ADDITIONAL INFO: Case Officer 1st May 2009

Wouldnt it be great to have a thread running like this one, with a front page timeline....Set up for all applicants in stages 1-4.....:wideeyed:....That way, we can see how far along they are...

I know its been tried, but its all about the front page & keeping it updated, so its easy to read....Anyone fancy the challenge?......:wink:

Guest WoodyXRomford

thanks

Hi Dunc,

Don't wish to put a downer on anyone at the moment, but when we front loaded our meds last year, shortly after we had the same responses as you have written above. It just means that they've received them and haven't lost them!

You need to click on the highlighted link Document checklist (Its just under View your receipt details) to see if your meds have actually been accepted/met/done etc.

Our document checklist reads like this;

09/09/2009 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Met Message

09/09/2009 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Met Message

It wasn't until we got a CO in Sept this year that we noticed that on this document checklist they had actually been 'Met'.

On the main page ours still read;

10/11/2008 Health requirements finalised Message

10/11/2008 Further medical results received Message

10/11/2008 HIV blood test received Message

Best of luck to all

Woody

Wouldnt it be great to have a thread running like this one, with a front page timeline....Set up for all applicants in stages 1-4.........That way, we can see how far along they are...

I know its been tried, but its all about the front page & keeping it updated, so its easy to read....Anyone fancy the challenge?......:wink:

I think this is a great idea too Kelly, but at the moment I am running this thread along with the QLD SS - update - where are you now thread, and between the two of them it takes up so much of my spare time. There is no possible way I could take on another thread... my hubby would kill me! He says I spend far too much time on here already:yes:

So, anyone else up for the job???

I think this is a great idea too Kelly, but at the moment I am running this thread along with the QLD SS - update - where are you now thread, and between the two of them it takes up so much of my spare time. There is no possible way I could take on another thread... my hubby would kill me! He says I spend far too much time on here already:yes:

So, anyone else up for the job???

I wasnt suggesting for a minute that you or I should take on this role....As we both have 2 other threads to run

I was hoping that someone on here may see that its a good idea & take the format from here.....

So, anyone?........:unsure:

I wasnt suggesting for a minute that you or I should take on this role....As we both have 2 other threads to run

I was hoping that someone on here may see that its a good idea & take the format from here.....

So, anyone?........

I know you wasn't suggesting me hun, I just letting everyone know that I was not in a position to take it on, although I do reckon is a fantastic idea...

So anyone? No interview needed!!! LOL :cute:

By the way Kelly, have you had any SS through who aren't on the CSL? Don't forget to shove them this way! I have been cold calling too with my QLD lot! :wink:

Guest lazybass

NAME: lazybass ( Julie )

AGENT APPOINTED: 31/01/09

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 25/04/09

DATE SS RECD: 03/08/09

CASE OFFICER ASSIGNED: 22/08/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 22/09/09

ADDITIONAL INFO: Meds finalised 15/10/09

Fingers crossed we hear some good news soon!!!

NAME: Mach

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 24/12/08

DATE SS RECD: 28/04/09

CO APPOINTED: 18/05/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Meds 14/09/09 Docs 22/09/09

ADDITIONAL INFO: Should have gotten our visas ages ago as we've had a CO since May. But the meds were delayed because of pregnancy. Will probably set the record for the longest time with a CO by the time our visa is granted!

Archived