176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

:biglaugh:....Always thought you were 'Basil'!!! (sorry!)

No, it's cool, I mean it is my username...but it's time to come out of the forum closet and be me :)

.... while I'm settling myself in for the long haul can I ask another Q (and bump this thread again!). Is there a way to change the view of a thread, currently all new posts get added to page 1. Which means if i've been offline for a few days I have to search back pages to work out where I was up to. If page 1 was the beginning (ie first post) then i would know or guess what page i was up to and say read from page 3 onwards. Does that make sense, it's hard to explain.

Anyway, anyone know if thats user specific and can be changed?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it's cool, I mean it is my username...but it's time to come out of the forum closet and be me :)

.... while I'm settling myself in for the long haul can I ask another Q (and bump this thread again!). Is there a way to change the view of a thread, currently all new posts get added to page 1. Which means if i've been offline for a few days I have to search back pages to work out where I was up to. If page 1 was the beginning (ie first post) then i would know or guess what page i was up to and say read from page 3 onwards. Does that make sense, it's hard to explain.

I dont think there is a way....Ive never heard of it (but I could be wrong)...:GEEK:

The only answer for this Sarah, is..........................................................

Stay online.....:biglaugh:

already on here when should be making dinner. Have to go cobble something together and claim tescos shelves were empty again.

I see my siggy hasn't worked.....have to attmept again later.

:laugh:...Know the feeling, im always on here, when I should be doing something else!!!

Your signature has worked....:yes:

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to add a signature....if I'm going to be here a few more years I can't keep being called 'Basil', which is actually my beloved doggies name

Sarah

:biglaugh: Nice to know your real name Sarah... We use to have a dog called Basil... Basil Brush in fact and he looked just like the real Basil Brush too, for those that remember him... BOOM BOOM! :biglaugh:

Well I am here responding to Kelly's "cold calling" lol

NAME: Rachel and Martin

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 18/2/09 was on CSL

DATE SS RECD: Still waiting. Applied 2/8/09 so hoping to hear end of Nov

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: No Done

ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A

Nice to know your real name Sarah... We use to have a dog called Basil... Basil Brush in fact and he looked just like the real Basil Brush too, for those that remember him... BOOM BOOM!

Oh yes, I remember him.....

basil%2Bbrush.jpg 'BOOM BOOM'!

He has made a 'come-back' too & is now on Kids Tv again!

asset_823.jpg

Hi

We are non-csl with WA SS approved on 20th July 09,we lodged visa on 20 August 09,visa refused on 01/09/09 ,decision overturned 02/09/09 and meds and PCC`S requested,UK PCC uploaded,we were requested to cancel meds that was booked for 29/09/09 due to the Sept changes,we are waiting for South African PCC to come back as we had already applied for it.

Now we are hanging around just waiting for Chris Evans to wake up on the right side of the bed and realize what he has done.

Kind Regards

Hi MyLady

Sounds like from your timeline that you have a tough time of it all already! Can I be nosey and ask what grounds they refused your application on? I am just wondering as I did not realise they looked at the applications before a CO is assigned, so perhaps I am wrong and they make a preliminary check of the application before putting it in the relevant pile!

Anyway, I have taken the information and placed it on the front page with everyone else, the only thing I have missing is your occupation. :cute: Thanks.

Speak to you again soon,

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Basil... oops sorry I mean Sarah! lol...

I am a little unsure how you are viewing this thread at the moment. For me the first page shows a very long queue of people who are all waiting to hear from the DIAC and this is what I update as and when I get a new person wanting me to add their details. Then after that the next post comes and so on. So the latest post is actually on page 6 for now! I am not sure if there is a way of changing the format of the thread or posts, like Kelly said earlier!

However, there is a comment on the left hand side of the thread on the same line as "link Back, Thread Tools, Search this thread and rating" and it says "View First Unread" and if you click on that it takes you to the last post you read. If its not showing it means that there are no new posts. Although I normally check the post above to see if I have seen it as sometimes and only sometimes it does take you to the last post!

Alternatively, if I am not making any sense at all, you could alway send a PM to Tim the administrator as he could point you in the right direction!

I hope that helps Sarah!

Speak to you again soon

Tasha x

Hi Basil... oops sorry I mean Sarah! lol...

I am a little unsure how you are viewing this thread at the moment. For me the first page shows a very long queue of people who are all waiting to hear from the DIAC and this is what I update as and when I get a new person wanting me to add their details. Then after that the next post comes and so on. So the latest thread is actually on page 6 for now! I am not sure if there is a way of changing the format of these thread like Kelly said earlier!

However, there is a comment on the left hand side of the thread on the same line as "link Back, Thread Tools, Search this thread and rating" and it says "View First Unread" and if you click on that it takes you to the last post you read. If its not showing it means that there are no new posts. Although I normally check the thread above to see if I have seen it as sometimes and only sometimes it does take you to the last thread!

I hope that helps Sarah!

Speak to you again soon

Tasha x

I think what Sarah meant was the front page of PIO....& threads within the whole forum....But please correct me if im wrong.....:cute:

Evening All

So nice to see evryone chatting on here now as thats the bet bit about these threads :biggrin:

I have been a bit down today about the whole thing but the glass of wine (USA wine not Ozzie) has helped and reading your replys to this thread thanks for cheering me up will raise another glass to that :biglaugh:

Emma and Gang

Well I am here responding to Kelly's "cold calling" lol

NAME: Rachel and Martin

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 18/2/09 was on CSL

DATE SS RECD: Still waiting. Applied 2/8/09 so hoping to hear end of Nov

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: No Done

ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A

Hi Rachel, Hope you are feeling a bit better now!:hug:

I have added your info to the front page, but want you to be aware that this thread is actually for people who already have their SS. However, as I dont want to leave you out I have added you but you are a different colour to the rest of us, so once you have your SS please post a message on here so I can update your info and change your colour to the same as the rest of us!

Thanks Rachel and I hope you hear from WA soon x Tasha x:wubclub:

Guest TheHollies
Evening All

So nice to see evryone chatting on here now as thats the bet bit about these threads

I have been a bit down today about the whole thing but the glass of wine (USA wine not Ozzie) has helped and reading your replys to this thread thanks for cheering me up will raise another glass to that :biglaugh:

Emma and Gang

Totally agree with you Emma, things seem to have gone quiet since that dreaded day. Hoping we all have some better news coming our way in the next couple of weeks!

Glad to hear you are still on the usa wine too :wink:

Guest mirelle

I feel we do not belong to any of the threads here, but feel like family at WA SS one and so decided to ad up our details though they look :eek:

NAME: Mirela and Adnan (Bosnian)

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 138 family sponsored - 20 August 2007 :shocked:

DATE SS RECD: applied for WA 25 June 2009 - looking to receive approval in next few weeks

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 22 December 2008

ADDITIONAL INFO: CO assigned November 2008. Did my IELTS in March 2009, by that time we were of the CLS. Than my husband had to redo his meds and do additional TB tests, which were uploaded 04 June 2009. Than we were presented with new processing priorities (12 May 2009) and we were told that our application will be finalized in July 2010.

Applied for WA sponsorship since at the time we were planning of subbitting another application 176 SS, and even paying a fee since we can not switch from 138 to 175 of 176. Now waiting. Half way through giving up of everything.... 2012 seems too farr and looking at the bad carma that is following our application most likely we will never get AU PR.

Guest Natty T

Hi all, come to join the thread.

Name Natty T (Nat and Dom)

Occupation Carpenter

Date of 175 visa application n/a

Date of ss lodged 10th sept 09

Meds/ pc's pc's August 09 No meds yet

Add Info

Hoping for some good news soon, been really down since 23rd sept. Good look to everyone waiting. xxx

Nat, Dom, Niamh 10, Conal 8, Erin 5 and Fintan 4

Hi just want to say hello to everyone on this thread it's great to see people still being positive about the situation we all find ourselves in now, i am newish to this forum and have read some of your posts pre 28/09 and know how up everyone was about being so close to being finalised. We all just need to get a second wind i guess, i feel like i am beginning to come out of the shock and thinking ahead again!

Guest Natty T

Sorry Tasha we are still waiting for our SS to WA to be approved, just noticed another thread you posted on.

Natalie. xxx

Totally agree with you Emma, things seem to have gone quiet since that dreaded day. Hoping we all have some better news coming our way in the next couple of weeks!

Glad to hear you are still on the usa wine too :wink:

To right Kirsty No Aussie wine until we get our visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ringing DIAC tomorrow to see if we got a case officer before 23rd as our meds were finalized 17th !

Wil let you know tomorrow ?

Fingers crossed as knowing our luck they will only flipping process those who have case officers even though WA sent our SS approvel in the wrong name so it put us 3 weeks behind and we would have had visa before 23rd (not that I am bitter about that MUCH !!!!!!!)

Emma and Gang

Sorry Tasha we are still waiting for our SS to WA to be approved, just noticed another thread you posted on.

Natalie. xxx

Hi Natalie,

Yes this thread was initially intended for people who are Priority No.5 and already have their SS but are not on the CSL! So, 176 SS-non CSL... However, I will make an exception for people who want to join now. Although so we don’t get confused I will make those who are still waiting to hear about their SS a grey colour for now, but do make sure you let me know when you get your SS so I can change your details.

I understand that everyone waiting for SS will come and join us (hopefully) once they receive their SS, however, the reason I did not suggest people who are still waiting to join now is that it means I have to keep amending and updating once SS has been received and is easier for me to just add people when all their information is complete. It is very time consuming keeping these threads up-to-date and just wanted to make it a little easier for me! But hey... more the merrier! :biggrin:

Thanks Tasha :wubclub:

Guest KatyNick

Well I'll keep on posting on here to keep it going. I loved the chat on WA SS.

Been a bit peeved off today - I think it started when I saw GMTV this morning in Australia .... had to walk out of the room as it got to me sooooooo much!!!!!

Keep it going guys x

Hi just want to say hello to everyone on this thread it's great to see people still being positive about the situation we all find ourselves in now, i am newish to this forum and have read some of your posts pre 28/09 and know how up everyone was about being so close to being finalised. We all just need to get a second wind i guess, i feel like i am beginning to come out of the shock and thinking ahead again!

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your comments, yes its been hard and many of us have seen lots of changes to the immigration system. From getting our hopes up when they put tradies on the CSL to dashing them when taking them off and now this is another blow we are having to take on the chin. These changes have happened and we have to find a way now, like you say, to think ahead and move on.

What is your situation? Are you in the same boat as us too? If you are and you want your details added, then let me know.

Best wishes

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi Tasha

I have just seen your signature can't believe you got your SS approval on the 23rd flipping nghtmare !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma and Gang

Hi Emma

Yes we were gutted to say the least... We still have our bottle of bubbly in the fridge as we did not feel like celebrating!!! I spoke to QLD the night before the changes, so went to bed really high and then poor Kelly broke the news to me in the morning! Gutted was an understatement!

Oh well, everything happens for a reason so they say... just waiting to see what the reason is cause its not very clear at the moment! :wacko:

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Name Paul and Lesley [bindog]

Occupation Fiberous Plasterer

Date of 176 Visa application 13th August

Date S.S. recorded 6th July

Meds and PC's not yet

Add info No

I feel we do not belong to any of the threads here, but feel like family at WA SS one and so decided to ad up our details though they look

NAME: Mirela and Adnan (Bosnian)

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 138 family sponsored - 20 August 2007

DATE SS RECD: applied for WA 25 June 2009 - looking to receive approval in next few weeks

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 22 December 2008

ADDITIONAL INFO: CO assigned November 2008. Did my IELTS in March 2009, by that time we were of the CLS. Than my husband had to redo his meds and do additional TB tests, which were uploaded 04 June 2009. Than we were presented with new processing priorities (12 May 2009) and we were told that our application will be finalized in July 2010.

Applied for WA sponsorship since at the time we were planning of subbitting another application 176 SS, and even paying a fee since we can not switch from 138 to 175 of 176. Now waiting. Half way through giving up of everything.... 2012 seems too farr and looking at the bad carma that is following our application most likely we will never get AU PR.

Hi Mirela

Wow you have been in the system for a very long time now. These changes have obviously affected you too. I am not familiar with the visa 138 you are on? Does that mean you are Priority No 5 like the rest of us? Have you changed over to the 176 SS visa already? I will put your info on the front page in grey as this thread is really for 176 SS visa non CSL, just let me know when you change over and I can change your info.

Good luck

Tasha:wubclub:

Archived