176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Thanks so much for getting back to me Tasha!

So am I in a bad situation? It's ok to be honest-i'm getting depressed waiting! I started this process 3 n half years ago! staying with the parents-in-law and wondering if it's worth getting own place but not sure as have no idea when we might receive visa?!

My visa company just don't seem that helpful, should I complain-paid them enough!

Thanks lots

Hi Mrs Meea

Lets put it this way, a lot of people have been effected by the recent changes on 23rd September 2009. People who have state sponsorship and applied for the 176 visa are now in a priority list of No.5, before we were all No 2 but after the changes we have moved down the list and been told to expect to wait now until 2012 before applications are going to be looked at! So, sorry... its not such good news!

Please read the following thread as this explains a lot and will help you understand where in the process you will be! There is also a link to the Immigration Questions & Answers on the new changes.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/69397-new-changes-state-sponsored-migration.html

Your agent should have explained all of this to you. There are other ways to go up the list of priorities and that is to get an ENS (Employer Nomination Sponsor) but I have heard its hard for trades to get this as you need to have a 3 year contract from an employer. If however, you can find an employer who is willing to sponsor you in the trade you have applied for you will go to No.1 in the priority list and be processed very quickly!

I hope this is clearer for you.

Tasha :wubclub:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KellyandTom

NAME: Kelly and Tom

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: Originally sent 16.06.09 but Form 1100 not sent on to DIAC - try again on 11.09.09!!! :(

DATE SS RECD: 04.06.09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: approx 04.08.09

ADDITIONAL INFO: not so far

Thanks Tash for starting a new thread & keeping us all going. Kelly x :hug:

NAME: LisaG

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 14th May 2009

DATE SS RECD: WA SS 24th Sept 2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not Yet

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Guest southerngent

NAME: Don & Raisa (Southerngent)

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 28th January 2009

DATE SS RECD: Qld SS 4th Sept 2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not Yet - Meds Done but not posted

Well Done Tasha, your a star, and were already at the end of page 3..

Good Luck to all..and welcome to our friends from the other states who are joining us on this new thread - its good to get all us non-csl'ers together..

Guest GillianM

NAME-GillianM

OCCUPATION-Vehicle Painter

DATE OF 175 APPLICATION 02/12/2008

DATE SS 176 RECD: 08/08/2009

DATE MEDS FINALISED meds just done, to be posted end of week

PC SENT to agent, they received 12/10/2009

ADDITIONAL INFO got a CO 09/09/2009

Even with contract for job, dosn't make a difference. Co says have to wait till end of Oct.

Gillian x

NAME: Donna & Craig

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 10th sep 2009

DATE SS RECD: WA SS 2nd Sept 2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Not Yet -

Please add us to the list thankyou

Donna

Name : The Butlers

Date of 175 Application : 27th Feb 2009

Date of SS Recd : WA 9th July 2009

Medicals and police check : finalized 17th Sept 2009

Thanks Taz for adding this thread will be keep a close eye on it hope to see those visa's granted :biggrin:

Emma and Gang

Guest valeries

NAME: valeries

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 25/03/2008

DATE SS RECD: 07/08/2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 08/11/2008

ADDITIONAL INFO: CO 11/09/2009

NAME: szhgvd

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: August 2008

DATE SS RECD: 22/06/2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: August 12th 2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: Was asked to pay second visa charge on 8th September but opted for partner to do IELTS to prove functional english. Results due mid Oct. This is really tough!

Great thread TAZ!

I spoke to DIAC this morning. All non csl applications that are past the point of medicals and police checks are now frozen until a decision is made by the end of Oct (hopefully). Case officers hands are now tied until they are given further directives. I was told that the decision is in the balance as to whether these cases will be progressed.

From what George Lombard has written in a previous post on BE forum there are more than 2000 of us in this situation.

Hope this gives people a glimmer of hope.

Cheers

I spoke to DIAC this morning. All non csl applications that are past the point of medicals and police checks are now frozen until a decision is made by the end of Oct (hopefully). Case officers hands are now tied until they are given further directives. I was told that the decision is in the balance as to whether these cases will be progressed.

From what George Lombard has written in a previous post on BE forum there are more than 2000 of us in this situation.

Hope this gives people a glimmer of hope.

Cheers

Thankyou so much for letting us know this information....:yes:

All we can do is hope & pray that we do get some better news by the end of October......:notworthy:

Guest alfieward

NAME: ward family

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: Nov 08

DATE SS RECD: 10/03/2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: August 12th 2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: Case officer allocated on 10th june 09

NAME: Basil

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: applied for 176 straight off 26th July

DATE SS RECD: July 09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: August 09

ADDITIONAL INFO: Everything 'met' just awaiting grant

I think PIO needs a new forum ' the waiting room' , we're not really 'chewing the fat' , and unfortunately we're not really migrating any time soon either.

Otherwise the migration forum is going to get chock full of us loitering here for 3 years....and to be honest these threads are now the only ones i'm really interested in all the other migration bits now seem so irrelevant :unsure:

I think PIO needs a new forum ' the waiting room' , we're not really 'chewing the fat' , and unfortunately we're not really migrating any time soon either.

Otherwise the migration forum is going to get chock full of us loitering here for 3 years....and to be honest these threads are now the only ones i'm really interested in all the other migration bits now seem so irrelevant

Hi Basil

Yes you could be right... lets hope it wont be 3 years though... lets hope that the immigration minister gets a bump on the head and puts everyone back on the CSL! Can't see that happening but we can live in hope hey!:cute:

In fact I am shocked that there are only 29 of us in total (2008 = 10 & 2009 = 19) on this thread... I thought that there would be a lot more of us in this situation!

I know a lot of people are still waiting for their SS to come through and they will join once they have recd this, but still... I really thought there was more of us!

Tasha :wubclub:

In fact I am shocked that there are only 29 of us in total (2008 = 10 & 2009 = 19) on this thread... I thought that there would be a lot more of us in this situation!

I know a lot of people are still waiting for their SS to come through and they will join once they have recd this, but still... I really thought there was more of us!

Tasha

Mmmm, interesting, although I dont think everyone has seen the thread....:wideeyed:

I'll get canvassing....:laugh:

Mmmm, interesting, although I dont think everyone has seen the thread....

Thanks Kelly... great idea! As otherwise, this thread is not going to show a true picture of who is and how many peeps are waiting! :wubclub:

Thanks Kelly... great idea! As otherwise, this thread is not going to show a true picture of who is and how many peeps are waiting!

Another thing we all need to try & do is keep the thread to the front page (as much as possible) That way people will spot it....:wideeyed:

So, lets chat!.....:chatterbox:

Hi,

Add me please;

NAME: asifrupani

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 24 May 2008

DATE SS RECD: WA SS 7 Sept 2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Expired

thanks

Got so much to say but cant as I need to keep my private business private but I will try and give you some news next week.:wideeyed:

All still pretty much the same although now I am trying not to put my life on hold in fact we dont talk about Australia anymore as it was driving us nuts!:wacko:

Not sure what we are doing Halloween yet, Travis can be a funny little chap, sometimes he wants do it othertimes not. We went to a really good party down our local last year, not sure we will this year though.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to add a signature....if I'm going to be here a few more years I can't keep being called 'Basil', which is actually my beloved doggies name

Sarah

Hi Sarah....

:biglaugh:....Always thought you were 'Basil'!!! (sorry!)

Go to user CP & you'll find the info there...Think you need 'edit signature'....Good luck....:GEEK:

Hi:biggrin:

We are non-csl with

WA SS approved on 20th July 09

Visa lodged on 20 August 09,(176 state-sponsored WA)

Visa refused on 01/09/09 ,

Decision overturned 02/09/09 and

Meds and PCC`S requested,

UK PCC uploaded,

Meds booked for 29/09/09

Requested to cancel meds due to the Sept changes,:arghh:

Hubby is a General Electrician

Family of 6(4boys + hubby and I)

We are waiting for South African PCC to come back as we had already applied for it.

Now we are hanging around just waiting for Chris Evans to wake up on the right side of the bed and realize what he has done.

Kind Regards

Right, done a bit of canvassing!!!!...

Apologies to those that have already joined & just read my message to them!!

If you have anyone on your friends list that is in the same position as us...Send them this little message:.....

Have you joined this thread yet..? .....:wideeyed:

176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Apologies if you have...But im 'cold calling!...:laugh:

Guest southerngent
Mmmm, interesting, although I dont think everyone has seen the thread....:wideeyed:

I too was expecting a few more, however think how quick diac were getting through them before the changes.

Thinking back to before the CSL we were content with our place on 175 ( proberbly through ignorance ) It was only the removal of trades from the csl that prompted are change to SS, now SS has a lower prority I think there will be a large reduction in 176 applicants ( not forgeting the removal of trades by some states ).

I am begining to feel 176's wont be a huge group in coming months and maybe diac may just push us through.

I no Jamie posted the figures

State nominated with CSL, Unallocated 27, Allocated 720, Total 747

Family sponsored CSL, 1130, 279, 1409

All other CSL, 6335, 4289, 10624

All other State nominated, 3678, 0, 3678

MODL only, 12388, 0, 12388

Other, 15659, 0, 15659

Total, 39217, 5279, 44496

But are these for the year?? once granted are they removed from this list???

Has there been 3678 non CSL SS apps since they changed the rules ( i doubt it).

Before the change they were pushin them through within a couple of weeks from getting SS.

Archived