176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

received info from agent., what to do??????

Thanks for the email.

At present you are in Cat 4 processing.

This is until all of the new SMP’s are released. If your occupation is on one of them, you can make an application to that State and then if granted be eligible for the 176 Visa.

If this is not the case then you will remain in Cat 4 until all 1,2 & 3’s are processed.

Please see:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

There is such a backlog of the Cat 2 and 3’s at present that it could be a good few years before they even get to anyone in Cat 4.

My best advice to you would be to await the SMP’s. If you are not on one of the States lists, then start looking for an employer to sponsor you on a temporary or permanent visa. This will get you to Australia while you are waiting for your 175 to be processed, or even have you in Australia on a 121 or 119 (Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa).

If you are on a State SMP then I would make an application regardless what State this is. You are only tied to this state for two years, and then are able to move around Australia as you wish.

I think this would be a better option for the two of you, rather than sitting over here in the UK waiting for a long time. SMP’s are due to be released October this year, and would mean that the visa is processed in about a year for you, from time of application.

At present you cannot be removed or capped from the Visas as you have an application in, but as you know migration can change at any time!

Cat 4 is a bottomless pit, they are never going to look at them ... Lets be fair it is a way for DIAC to not have to pay back all them application fee's cat 1,2 &3 will constantly come in every year unless they allocate say 2000 visa's to cat 4 we will never get a look in ... We are seriously considering just cutting our losses and forgetting about Aussie, if they can mess us about like this now what is the point waiting 23 months so far and not a bean not a bean I tell ya.

Cat 4 is a bottomless pit, they are never going to look at them ... Lets be fair it is a way for DIAC to not have to pay back all them application fee's cat 1,2 &3 will constantly come in every year unless they allocate say 2000 visa's to cat 4 we will never get a look in ... We are seriously considering just cutting our losses and forgetting about Aussie, if they can mess us about like this now what is the point waiting 23 months so far and not a bean not a bean I tell ya.

i duno after many years struggle why we are still standing on back side ....... I have first applied for ACS in March 2008, My application was refused due to my fault ( I admit) then Filed an APPEAL in ACS in Aug 2008.

Now please check Story here

my Case was Finalised in ACS on 19th Nov 2009 but ACS assessment letter was lost during post, so they sent me a COPY of my ACS result, off course after sending them many reminders and Faxes .... can u imagine ACS havent got my Registered Post number at that time when my letter was lost ..... due to my continues requests they took a revenge from me .. :) ... ACS posted me 2 letters on 23 dec. 2008 and 24 dec. 2008 .... First letter which was posted on 23rd dec. was received on 2nd january 2009 ... I was v happy my Appeal was successful and i was assessed as Network security (2231-79) .. I was in CSL life was beautiful .. resigned from my job on 13 January 2009 .... was thinking about some market oriented Computer certifications, when a bomb shell was dropped on me .... Received second ACS skill letter of dated 23 Dec. 2008 which was delayed due to XMAS holidays on 15 Jan. 2009 and guess what ......ACS KICKED MY B*** .... they REASSESSED me as System Manager (2231-11) ... i was not on CSL i was RAPED by ACS and at that time you can imagine how i felt ... i thought what will i do now ?.... I have no PASS points in my BAG i am no longer MODL/CSL applicant ... then i decided to go for SS ...... SS was Granted in 09/09/09 and guess what we were RAPED again and DIAC pushed us to back benches ..... from last one year we are just looking towards them what they will do to us ... will they keep moving us here and there ? ...... FOR GOD SAKE we are not Boy Scouts .. We need serious considerations from them ..... We got SS and its particular states who wants us .... why dont they honor there own people ... i was v optimistic uptil now, but i m loosing it ...... why only 2007/08/09 applicants are suffering from new changes ... its not our fault that there IMMI system was mess before ..... if they dont want us then simply return our money back we will think about REAPPLYING ...... this is not the way ... they are waiting for us to WITHDRAW application MAy be they dont have gutts to tell us that we are UNWANTED people, May be they dont want to return us our money or they will grant visa to my GRAND CHILDREN (I am not married) ......

GOD knows what they are playing ... cant write anything else .... i am MAD now

Dear All

Please Find below the Reply from ACT Business Migration Dept. a very QUICK (less than 24 Hours) but V SHORT reply.No positive promise, no love quotes, nothing to honor, just another deadline and by looking at it seems that they are also not sure about october

from Business Migration <BusinessMigration@act.gov.au>

to *************************************

date Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 7:37 AM

subject RE: System Manager 2231-11 / FRN = 2009/176/****

mailed-by act.gov.au

hide details 7:37 AM (3 hours ago)

Dear **********

We are hoping to announce the SMP and the new skills list in October – but it is all dependent on the Department of Immigration and the new Immigration minister

Regards

Client Manager | Skilled and Business Migration

Business & Industry Development | ACT Chief Minister's Department

P: 02 62071957 | F: 02 62070033 | E: businessmigration@act.gov.au

Cat 4 IS a bottomless pit. My agent said if im in the Cat4 - is will be a VERY long wait. Years ?(5-10?) and would not recommend that application proceeding. Annoying really as ive played the game as and when instructed. Not to harp on, I`m just hoping that my job (Architectual Associate) will be on the (QLD) - (or any for that matter) - the SMP.

Agent again said. (after a bit of applied pressure) it will be much similair to the listings as was present eneabling myself on the SS. This would allow at Cat2 process.

I`m not holding my breath - I`m already eyeing up the amount of work i would require myself to undertake to obtain an Employment Sponser (Cat1) but not sure of my demand downunder, and the way this should be conducted. (and by who. my agent? avoid the sharks down there also?)

Hmmmmm?

• 2 months later...

Not sure if any one else is in the same boat as us but we have recently had to resubmit our application for state sponsorship by ACT. This was accepted and we've been told that we are now being priority processed by DIAC - update to our situation below :-)

NAME: dferri2000 (Debbie)

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 10th March 2010

DATE SS GRANTED: 25th November 2009

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: ACT

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: in progress

ADDITIONAL INFO: 17th November 2010 case officer assigned & instructed to obtain meds & pcs

Name : glen64

HR country

Visa class : VE 176 NSW - SS

Application Lodgement : 26 april 2008

!st Medicals/PC - May 2008

2nd Medical /Pc - Sept 2010.

Visa granted - Oct 2010

Guest paulandtara

I haven't been on this thread for a while so not sure if it is still being updated. However for the timeline I just wanted to let you know that Tara and I have withdrawn our 176 application and have made a 121 application as Tara has an employer sponsor. Good luck to everyone on a 176, hope you all get your visas soon!

Paul

I haven't been on this thread for a while so not sure if it is still being updated. However for the timeline I just wanted to let you know that Tara and I have withdrawn our 176 application and have made a 121 application as Tara has an employer sponsor. Good luck to everyone on a 176, hope you all get your visas soon!

Paul

Hi Paul

Mu uncle has just sent off his form for the 121 as he is going to try and get approval for my OH who is a Hairdresser and he has his ownsmall salon in Perth.

Can I ask why you withdrew your 176 ? I had been told by David Wilden that the 2 can run alongside each other and as the 176 was lodged there would be no need to pay a VAC again and basically if ENS is agreed the 2 application scan run there course and see what one gets a CO first.

Cheers

Shane

Guest paulandtara
Hi Paul

Mu uncle has just sent off his form for the 121 as he is going to try and get approval for my OH who is a Hairdresser and he has his ownsmall salon in Perth.

Can I ask why you withdrew your 176 ? I had been told by David Wilden that the 2 can run alongside each other and as the 176 was lodged there would be no need to pay a VAC again and basically if ENS is agreed the 2 application scan run there course and see what one gets a CO first.

Cheers

Shane

Hi Shane,

We haven't actually withdrawn our 176 but I was told by diac that we can lodge a fee free application which will take the place of our 176, the 121 will take the place of the 176 which is the reason we didn't have to pay.

Hi Everyone

This thread has come alive again after such a long time! Nice to see some movement!:biggrin:

However, it is an old thread now and new ones have been created so would be silly for me to keep this one running now...

Since July 2010 immigration changed the rules again and depending where you fall regards the new SOL and SMP you will now be either a Cat 2 or Cat 3... unless you are not on the new SOL or the SMP then you will fall into Cat 4.

The new threads are the same format and being kept updated daily, here are the links;

Cat 2 - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

Cat 3 - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

Good luck to you all...:hug: Tasha x

Hi Everyone

This thread has come alive again after such a long time! Nice to see some movement!:biggrin:

However, it is an old thread now and new ones have been created so would be silly for me to keep this one running now...

Since July 2010 immigration changed the rules again and depending where you fall regards the new SOL and SMP you will now be either a Cat 2 or Cat 3... unless you are not on the new SOL or the SMP then you will fall into Cat 4.

The new threads are the same format and being kept updated daily, here are the links;

Cat 2 - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

Cat 3 - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

Good luck to you all...:hug: Tasha x

Just wanted to say thanks so much for all your hard work towards this thread Tash!!!

I for one will be sad to see it go! hope all goes well for you too :hug:

Jill

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Woo hoo got a co, maybe you can change our colour soon ...

NAME: Wiggly

Priority No. 5 non CSL

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 14/05/09

DATE SS GRANTED: 10/05/10

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE: WA

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: booked for 3rd feb

ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O: 6/1/11

Priority No. 5 non CSL

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Congrats guys

Guest andymags

omg, got co today asked for additional info, police checks and form 80, sort all that out tomorrow!!

see my agent and get it moving , should have my visa within a month , Major excited:jiggy:Thanks to all who have helped in this journey ,its been a rollercoaster

Guest bindog1uk

Priority No. 5 non CSL

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Congratulations Guys:wink: Are you now Cat 2

:biggrin:Lesley

Priority No. 5 non CSL

ADDITIONAL INFO:

omg, got co today asked for additional info, police checks and form 80, sort all that out tomorrow!!

see my agent and get it moving , should have my visa within a month , Major excited:jiggy:Thanks to all who have helped in this journey ,its been a rollercoaster

Congratulations to you both on getting a CO! Great News!

This thread is quite an old one now and many people went from a Category 5 to a Category 2,3 or 4... so since the immigration changes there have been new threads created by Connie and she is doing a great job keeping them updated daily, so why dont you come and join us on these. Here are the links;

Cat 2: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

Cat 3: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

Thanks

Tasha:wubclub:

Archived