176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Guest juandelacruz
Hi Tasha/Vicky,

I am just really confused about the "schedules". I have read the FAQ, and I understand that I am under Priority 4.

My occupation is on the new SOL, but I would have to reassess my occupation, and reaply for the visa again (and pay the fee again! :mad:).

So, what schedule am I today? Number 1, right?

I will have to wait for the SMPs, and if my occupation is on NSW SMP, I can consider Schedule 4?

Thanks again....really confused...

Hi Carolina,

I think if your occupation is on Schedule 3, you are categorised as Priority # 3. I also think that this is one of the reasons why they came up with the mapping of ASCO and ANZSCO codes - for them to process the skills that are in the new SOL (Schedule 3).

Logically, doing this will address the current needs of Australian employers especially at this point where the migration process is in total chaos. In addition, I have seen a number of visa grants from a couple of threads who nominated occupations/skills in the new SOL (Schedule 3). There was a Civil Engineer, Accountant and Nurse who have recently been granted visas (lodged their visas in 2008). They were no longer required by their COs to have their skills reassessed to ANZSCO but were told to re-do their medical and police checks.

Hope this info helps. Cheers! :smile:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Juan,

my occupation is on the new SOL. I am an Environmental engineer. But my ASCO code is for Building engineers NEC. And through the arrangements from ASCO to ANZCO, I can´t have my occupation converted automatically....

I will have to have my skills reassessed, to be able to aply as an Environmental engineer....

Guest juandelacruz
Hello Juan,

my occupation is on the new SOL. I am an Environmental engineer. But my ASCO code is for Building engineers NEC. And through the arrangements from ASCO to ANZCO, I can´t have my occupation converted automatically....

I will have to have my skills reassessed, to be able to aply as an Environmental engineer....

that explains it... i haven't thought of this scenario before. wish you well on the skills assessment. all the best, cheers! :smile:

Guest HoriFTC
Hi Tasha/Vicky,

I am just really confused about the "schedules". I have read the FAQ, and I understand that I am under Priority 4.

My occupation is on the new SOL, but I would have to reassess my occupation, and reaply for the visa again (and pay the fee again! :mad:).

So, what schedule am I today? Number 1, right?

I will have to wait for the SMPs, and if my occupation is on NSW SMP, I can consider Schedule 4?

Thanks again....really confused...

In my opinion, the Schedules 1-4 exist only to determine on which of them your nominated occupation has or had or will have to be at time of your application.

Priority processing has nothing to do with that, it "only" gets in lane the existing applications. (Please don't forget DIAC always speaks about nominated occupations and never about ASCO or ANZSCO codes.)

So Schedule 3 is of course for new applicants only who want to lodge an application now or did this after 1st July 2010. Existing applicants, whose application was accepted and confirmed by DIAC prior to 01/07/2010 fall into priority group 3 if their nominated application is among the occupations listed on Schedule 3, irrespectively of that on which Schedule their occupation had to be at time of application. It is also irrelevant if DIAC identified the nominated occupation with ASCO or with ANZSCO code at time when the application was lodged, they prioritise now by occupations.

Guest JK2510

Hi all,

Ive just spoke with my agent and she informed me that a client was requested to get there police checks and meds done. There visa was lodged december 2008!! I didnt ask the ins and outs but gather they were cat 5 and originally had a 175 lodged!

There maybe light at the end of the tunnel!!

I am just waiting for the moment when one of us on this thread has contact from a CO! Then I will be really happy!!! :yes:

So, if any of you have good news, please come and share it with us all here!

Good luck everyone!

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest Putney

Hi,

We're now Cat 3, previously cat 6i, lodged Jan '09 as a 175 applicant (still are 175). I'll let you guys know if we hear anything.

Guest smithys
I am just waiting for the moment when one of us on this thread has contact from a CO! Then I will be really happy!!! :yes:

So, if any of you have good news, please come and share it with us all here!

Good luck everyone!

Tasha :wubclub:

You've hit the nail on the head Tasha!!

Til then I think we'll all be waiting with baited breath!!!!

Keep hopeful peeps xxx

Rose:wubclub:

Hi,

We're now Cat 3, previously cat 6i, lodged Jan '09 as a 175 applicant (still are 175). I'll let you guys know if we hear anything.

t

If they are processing by date, you should get a CO in two weeks or less. I am guessing there is only a limited number of Cat 3 applications:biglaugh::biggrin:

Guest VickyMel
Hi all,

Ive just spoke with my agent and she informed me that a client was requested to get there police checks and meds done. There visa was lodged december 2008!! I didnt ask the ins and outs but gather they were cat 5 and originally had a 175 lodged!

There maybe light at the end of the tunnel!!

I have seen a couple of other originally 2008 applicants hit Cat 3 & get COs.

Maybe they are doing it in date order (hurray) - or are saying lets clear everyone in 2008 first?

Good luck everyone on this thread I hope it happens soon - can't wait.

VM

Guest pinal
t

If they are processing by date, you should get a CO in two weeks or less.

Hi eric,

I not agree with you look at my time line and many other then me are waiting for a long.

I am guessing there is only a limited number of Cat 3 applications:biglaugh::biggrin:

As on 23rd Sep there was 3500 applicant was in category 5 and among of that only small number of applications has been processed last year. Category 3 = Remaining applications + more new + some from category 6 + some of category 6 (ii) applications. That means category 3 now became large group so, 2009 applicants can not processed faster then 2008 applications.

After September 2009 still I have been waiting for CO.

I will have trust, when some one among of us being contacted by CO.

Hi all, I'm really confused with the current processing priority. Can you please help me?

My nominated occupation is Graphic Designer, and we are sponsored by ACT

I can find my occupation on Schedule 1, 2, and 4

On Schedule 2, 4 I can see that my occupation ANZSCO is 232411

Since the SMP of ACT is not out yet, so I am in Priority Category 4.

Unless, my occupation is listed on SMP of ACT then I am in Priority Category 2.

Am I right?

Guest pinal

Since the SMP of ACT is not out yet, so I am in Priority Category 4.

Unless, my occupation is listed on SMP of ACT then I am in Priority Category 2.

Am I right?

Yes, you are right,

Morning folkes...

Just to let you know that I am going to be away for the weekend so will not be able to update our thread (if we get any good news) until Monday!

I doubt much will happen over the weekend, but thought I would let you know in case good news comes in today. (here's hoping!!!)

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Tasha:wubclub:

Morning folkes...

Just to let you know that I am going to be away for the weekend so will not be able to update our thread (if we get any good news) until Monday!

I doubt much will happen over the weekend, but thought I would let you know in case good news comes in today. (here's hoping!!!)

Have a lovely Weekend Tasha...:cute:

Guest VickyMel
Morning folkes...

Have a great weekend Tasha !

Hi All, My family and I are all set up in Oz now. We've had no internet for ages finally got connected yesterday. Whats been happening to the Cat 5's since I was last on, hope there's been lots of grants specially you lot just above.

Guest VickyMel
Hi All, My family and I are all set up in Oz now. We've had no internet for ages finally got connected yesterday. Whats been happening to the Cat 5's since I was last on, hope there's been lots of grants specially you lot just above.

Hi Stig

Wonderful news to hear that you are now all set up in Oz and are back online again.

We have not had many Cat 5 visas recently just a few trickly through from a while back - I will be puting the weekly update on shortly.

The latest set of changes have just hit and the SMPs are still not out yet. Effectively we have now been split in two on this thread (until the SMPs come out when it will change again).

There are 4 priorities now 1) ENS, 2) SMP 3) new SOL list 4) everyone else

With there being no SMP lists yet those who are on the new SOL list are starting to see movement (we are eagerly awaiting the first Cat 3 CO for someone on this thread!) and the rest of us are down to Cat 4

Hopefully the SMPs will bring some more joy (but are unlikely until after the elections and then who knows when...). The good news for some is that some cat 6 & 7 guys have finally seen the light of day.

I think that is about it

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel

All Cat 5ers

Congratulations this week to Rhodieboy!!!! Probably the last Cat 5 Visa grant we will see as I don't think anyone esle was waiting under the old priorities and imagine the next batch will be under the new priorities.

After that came the new Priority listing and Cat 5 is no more (although we are still here).

The SMPs are still up in the air but it sounds like they won't be out until at least after the elections... the date keeps going back all the time.

My second favorite thread this week (this is first of course!) is from libbysmum

"who do you think will first release their smp when competition" which I can highly recommend for a bit of fun - check the front page and pick a date you think the SMPs might be released.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91135-who-do-you-think-will-first-release-their-smp-when-competition.html

So the folks on this thread have effectively been split in two - those with SOL who are now Cat 3 and those without SOL who are now Cat 4.

YET all of us are waiting for the SMPs when if we are on the SMP list we become Cat 2s...

It would be great if we could all switch to Cat 2

Taz put a comment in about potentially ceasing and capping this list (sorry couldn't help but use the term!). We have smiled sweetly at her and suggested it continue a while at least until things get clearer (thanks Tasha).

Remember Tasha lists the full details of everyone are listed on the front page.

Key:

Purple: Waiting for grant (I have highlighted in bold people who attached SS prior to 23rd Sept)

Red: Visa granted & bold = granted this week

Black people lost to capping and ceasing (bought in July 2010)

Brown: People who have not been active in 2010- please let me know if you are in brown and I will re-activate you!

High risk country HR = ®, Low risk country LR = ©

Underlined = People who know, or think, they have a current CO (PRIOR to 1st July 2010)

2007 APPLICANTS - 4 [3 visa granted] Waiting 1 [Lost to capping and ceasing 2]

Date of original application

May 2007: Apps 1 Visas Granted 1: Keena None outstanding

Jul 2007: Apps 1 Visas Granted 1: Aveon® None outstanding

Aug 2007: Apps 1 arash1978®, Visas Granted 0: C&C 2: electrical guy®, mirelle®

Nov 2007: Apps 1 Visas Granted 1: DLA None outstanding

2008 APPLICANTS - 78[40 Visas granted] Waiting 12

Jan 2008: Apps 0: + 1 (awaiting SS) chimpster®, Visas Granted 0:

Feb 2008: Apps 5: Pinal®, Warren&Liz, gilbert® Visas Granted 2: Tracey&Peter, Pom64,

Mar 2008: Apps 3:Visas Granted 3: Valeries, Johnnyyt, K Srikanth®,None outstanding

Apr 2008: Apps 2: jayatabs®, Shaza, Visas Granted 0:

May 2008: Apps 10: rupani®, Danny2Oz®, jupiter123®, Louise1971, Visas Granted 6: Timkerbell2009, The Whalley Rangers©, Dulan®, alansgirlfriend,dantien®, Gotcha88®

Jun 2008: Apps 4: geshdan®, aussiedream©Visas Granted 2: eetp123, McKlaut®,

Jul 2008: Apps 1: MadDaemon Visas Granted 0:

ABOVE Waiting over 2 years (13 waiting)

Aug 2008: Apps 9: Visa-pending, joncaz®, szhgvd, Visas Granted 5: renette, JuliePaul, Floater, Johnsonclan, Kangaroo©,Off to the Sun,

Sep 2008: Apps 9: Mrs Meea, Simon and Deb©, Tanjev©, FoundAshy©, Visas Granted 5: WoodyXRomford, Que Sera Sera©, mickyb©, hopefulJESA®, Chardonnay©,

Oct 2008: Apps 11: stamford77,Chris N Lora, ACOM, Dionne and Rickie, TraceyandAlan©,sooperlids©, Visas Granted 5: Sunstarved, Sebbers©,Stevie Ellis,stinka, Rickard Family©,

Nov 2008: Apps 10: LucyOlly, taniaholmes, alfieward, kasper©, Jacksonfamily, barneymoo, Visas Granted 4: Markntracey©, Rufndtuf®, BettybooÓ lp1664Ó

Dec 2008: Apps 14: ravi, Piashi Mon, JVG®, dannii28, GGx0x0®, Jumbojet®, Visas Granted 8: Latic Fanatic, Mach, GillianM, Luckyluke,cjajn©, dunkyboy©, Stig©, the dougans©,

2009 APPLICANTS - 192 [68 Visas granted] Waiting 124

Jan 2009: Apps 9: OZZIES, ROXY, Rosschops, Aslan®, Visas Granted 5: TraceyT, dfactor, Hogan, Lisamarcus, Landarjatt®,

Feb 2009: Apps 17: j-ms, Cherise, shazney64, ozzyozzer®, CharmedP3©, Tazmania®, Eamon©, clivenbev, joanneshuter©, YingYing®, Visas Granted 8: Crazy Kangeroo, ryankoh, Lee & Anne Morgan, Southerngent©, The Butlers, spenny, GIBUM KIM©, Rhodieboy©,

Mar 2009: Apps 14: sc80, JK2510©, Taz2008©, matjones©, The Rickard's©, NewJo© Visas Granted 9: The Hollies, Steph & Karen, EdnaAverage, Morg36©, Squeezle©, Shaman, Ritu, EbenSA®, cartertucker©,

Apr 2009: Apps 10: Shannene, Bilaln30®, glen64®, Punita®, Visas Granted 6: dan77, Netty999panda, lazybass, kona65, kilt©, Diz

May 2009: Apps 16: Antipope, Pablofet1, Clickettuk, Cassy, dave&jancook, Steve640©, washer rs©, John Gilfillan, wiggly© Visas Granted 7: WKJ, Thecairneys, heljef1, Bill_er_Bong, adams6©, maggieandrich©, les and mick downunder,

Jun 2009: Apps 34 + 1 (awaiting SS): buckykat©, Jason Brickie, Wolla Bolla Bing Bong, Toolbox, Waitinggame© rini, lkaddoumi, Mickel, 09061986, rikmartin©, ChrisCarina©, Sandisonsonthemove, Dennisfamily, Cazhoney, Bootco©, Debs38©, gozzo©, umrfrg®, Midlanders, Moller, Visas Granted 16: Zara, Marc/Bacchus, CBMS, Freaks, Chowy, OzzieandLea, GaryandElaine, JayBone, TwNx®,madizon,zippyderby©,Richste©, donsayuriru©, Buzzer, Sunil®, Asif Ali®,

(Above Brown not logged on to PIO since Feb 2010)

Jul 2009: Apps 13: Kai,Taylor20ro, GemandJay, Visas Granted 10: SabinK, Dev, danBN1, Basil, KevnEmma, Cat5, familyof3, JHN5, Sam&G, JaneyP,

ABOVE Waiting 1 year or more (too many to count!)

Aug 2009: Apps 19: Tim Page©, Family of 4©, aituhin,tumblingdice, recherche©, LeeBaker3©, Wannabeoz©, waynenicola, bindog1uk©, Paulintrigg©, HoriFTC®, wackyracer22®, brettsarah©, Visas Granted 6: Bonjour, destinationoz©, sforbes©, Ronnie Rocket, steveandwanda, FOTG

Sept 2009: Apps 21: KatyNick©, ponnuvaran, andymags©, Angie and Tony, The Newboroughs, MandM, mlsdq, lees, KellyandTom, P1ug©, Robarts Family©, MouseBear, Karen and Colin, rainyc©, rachbarlow©, scottntina©, twriter®, Jimm, Hakunamatata®, mikka711©, Visas Granted 1: MyLady,

( In order that we are aware that some people may not be coming onto PIO anymore and therefore we do not know whether they have recieved their Visa or not anyone who has not visited PIO in 2010 has been coloured in brown. If you see yourself in brown please let me know and I will turn you purple again. Maybe you have not logged in for a while or maybe I made a mistake.)

2009 Applications after the dreaded 23rd Sept [0 Visas granted]

Sept 2009: Apps 3: Gammo, clusterofgleals, Becki©,

Oct 2009: Apps 15: JustFaffing, Steve, Danny&Em©, Nata, n111kkx, VickyMel, Sarahe©, bebac30®, asereht®, Cooke Girl©, thescore®, 3jps, Shano7©, jools 123©, musmanasghar®, smithys©,

Nov 2009: Apps 11: ozziewannabees, Mikewheble, jillabong©, rooperman©, topturner©, littlem©, Sridarmedi, carlos66, sarahfrankolly©, Rex ©, reddragon81©

Dec 2009: Apps 11 + 1 (awaiting SS): maxfactornackerlacker, Proview©, LSBC197, markey, Fashionably Late©, MichelleH©, kuching©, woodwood24©, libbysmum© ToWaorBust, suandianbrown,

2010 APPLICANTS - 28 [0 Visas Granted]

Jan 2010: Apps 7: Andy Jarrett©, Sedgecl, perfectstranger®, Martin Claire & Kids (Hoo), suters, justin&chelle©, juandelacruz®

Feb 2010: Apps 11: Koala09, loopylas, Houciaus 2010, carrick2©, Stevenson©, Tara & Paul, Dragsterwish©, Eddie©, smilla, sherin®, grainne73,

Mar 2010: Apps 3: Carlos fandango©, The Rustys©, dferri2000©,

Apr 2010: Apps 4: aimeec, crispysince70©, Natty T, Ozzieland®

May 2010: Apps 3:the coyne family©, Cazanne® clairegÓ,

Guest icehorizon

Hi all,

I posted this one on another thread but i m not hearing back anything from anyone. I really hope someone from this thread can help me out.

My nominated occupation seems to be on the new sol but its under a differerent name.

This is the correlation between the two that i found from ASCO-ANSZCO correlation chart.

ASCO 3122-11 Civil Engineering Associate

ANSZCO 312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson

I'm not sure if it means my application will fall under cat 3 now automatically or not as the two names are different. It sounds really confusing to me. Can someone please share me what your thoughts are?

Cheers,

Chan

Guest VickyMel

Hi Chan

Maybe someone will come and help - sorry I don't know for sure myself.

Why not set up a new thread on the migration issues page - maybe include the word engineer in the thread title so that other people of a similar occupation might be more likely to look at your post.

Good luck

Vickymel

Guest smithys
Morning folkes...

Hope you have a lovely wknd xx

Rose:wubclub:

Pretty much the same then apart from the splits which I suppose we expected. Yeh the election wont help, but then again the leading candidate is Welsh whether thats good or bad I don't know for the English! good luck &

I'll keep in touch now

Archived