Why More Northern Folk than Southern in Oz.

Guest flipflop

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flipflop
My bros wife used to eat coal when she was pregnant lol, nutty slack lol

I lad, times were tough upt North in them days.....:cute:

• 7 months later...
I think I have sussed out why there are so many more Northern folk in Oz than Southern folk…..It is all to do with your weather, when the Weather comes on it says most of the time….it will be a “North South divide” when refereeing to the weather for the day or the week…Northern territory of England does not get the same weather as the Southern territory of England.

So because the Northern parts of England are influenced from the Scandinavian Countries whereas the Southern territory is influenced from the air streams of France and Northern Spain it doe s not take a genius to work out that the Soutern England is warmer and much sunnier than the Northern territory…..and that my friends is the reason there are more North people in Australia than South people.

That is my theory and I am sticking to it.:cool:

Its because we all live in grids,and were forced to sell matchsticks at the pier head landing stage on the river mersey.

Ok I just read someone's post that apparently northern people get on more with aussies because they are down to earth, where as southerners are 'up themselves' all I can say is that is a load of BS. I'm from hampshire and very down to earth and I don't think I'm better than anyone else :S.

You'd have to hear me to see what I mean. Hmm maybe I can find something similar on youtube...

I have a bit of a Bucks accent, my mum always said i call bike byke and nine nyne, we all have a bit of a twang.:yes:

with all of that world travel you do I can understand why you have lost your british accent :cute:

is that worzelese?

Heh, do you have a lisp too? :wink:

youtube failed.....I can't find anything decent. Plus you can only hear my voice when I talk not any accent behind it, does that make sense?

" you can only hear my voice when i talk ":biglaugh:

You been on that wacky stuff again chickx?:biggrin:

Haha ohh I realise how silly that sounds, but you DO know what I mean, right? My voice not any accent haha. Not on any whacky stuff :P

I know what you mean chickx, i am just pulling your chain:wubclub:

Haha ohh I realise how silly that sounds, but you DO know what I mean, right? My voice not any accent haha. Not on any whacky stuff :P

I'd like to not have an accent,just speak normal like,but doesnt everyone have an accent/twang?

I don't have.....I don't think....well I guess it depends where you're from, other people from England might not say I have an accent (or not a strong one) but people elsewhere will obviously say it's an 'English accent'.

So you speak proper queens english Chickx? i thought hampshire was like a southern type twang?

Archived