Why More Northern Folk than Southern in Oz.

Guest flipflop

Guest flipflop

I think I have sussed out why there are so many more Northern folk in Oz than Southern folk…..It is all to do with your weather, when the Weather comes on it says most of the time….it will be a “North South divide” when refereeing to the weather for the day or the week…Northern territory of England does not get the same weather as the Southern territory of England.

So because the Northern parts of England are influenced from the Scandinavian Countries whereas the Southern territory is influenced from the air streams of France and Northern Spain it doe s not take a genius to work out that the Soutern England is warmer and much sunnier than the Northern territory…..and that my friends is the reason there are more North people in Australia than South people.

That is my theory and I am sticking to it.:cool:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sh7t man no way
I think I have sussed out why there are so many more Northern folk in Oz than Southern folk…..It is all to do with your weather, when the Weather comes on it says most of the time….it will be a “North South divide” when refereeing to the weather for the day or the week…Northern territory of England does not get the same weather as the Southern territory of England.

So because the Northern parts of England are influenced from the Scandinavian Countries whereas the Southern territory is influenced from the air streams of France and Northern Spain it doe s not take a genius to work out that the Soutern England is warmer and much sunnier than the Northern territory…..and that my friends is the reason there are more North people in Australia than South people.

ive been told-- and through experience have witnessed, that people from the north of the uk seem to be more accepted in aus, because of there more down to earth views of life, which in essence is the aussie princple.people from the south of the uk seem to be more up themselves which seems to go against the aussie way of life.this is just a genralisation,but seems to be the rule of thumb.no offence ment in this post its just my view.plus the weather helps.:hug:

Have you ever been up north? There are some lovely parts, Lake district, Cumbria, Bradford, but for most its a craphole!:laugh:

Guest flipflop
Have you ever been up north? There are some lovely parts, Lake district, Cumbria, Bradford, but for most its a craphole!:laugh:

I am talking about the weather andrew mate....also the reason most peopel think Norther people ar better folk is because most rich people are selfish and drongoe's they move to the south for the weather.

I am talking about the weather andrew mate....also the reason most peopel think Norther people ar better folk is because most rich people are selfish and drongoe's they move to the south for the weather.

What a load of codswallop!

Guest sh7t man no way
What a load of codswallop!

this one sounds good -----my moneys on you andy---your just to good for flippy---im not hijacking--please keep to the thread.:confused:

Guest mandisfam

Hello, Dont normally bothered to post on such threads like these but being a southern girl, who moved up to North Yorkshire, nearly 6 years ago due to oh's work here's my take on this....

1) The weather divide is a load of rubbish, yes, we often have opposite weather to the south of England but as for the South being sunnier and warmer, thats a load of old rubbish. Okay our rainfall is higher but other than that temperatures are not a lot different maybe 2 or 3 degrees difference at the most.

2) I do agree with the post that Northern people probably fit in oz well, because from my experience I find Yorkshire people very similar in attitude to Australians. Obviously Im generalizing here.

3) Rich people live in the South, then whoever it was said that, has obviously never been to the North. There are highly desirable areas in to live in both the North West and North East of England and they have very high property price tabs to match the south too, not mention these lovely villages in the moors and dales, and the peaks and lakes, plenty of rich people live in these places too......so thats just compete and utter nonsense.

As to saying more Northern people move to oz than southern people, hmmm, you only have to look at the places where people are from on here, thats all over England. But of course, that also depends on where the op considers "the north" to start in England, if you are judging it anything above Watford as "the north" then yes, there is probably more northern people heading to oz than southern because Watford upwards covers most of England....lol

Mandisfam

Guest guest30085

Cos its grim up North?

I live in a beautiful part of Lancashire where me old dad can still go up to his corporation allotment where he keeps his pigeons and he still doffs his hat at all those he passes on't cobbled streets . . . . . . .

I have noticed that most of the returnees are from the South and the pit ponies seem to be the ones that stick it out.

Maybe its weather, maybe its because northern towns in general are in a worse state of decay than down south. Unfortunately there is still a north south divide in the uk with crime, poverty, anti social behaviour favouring the northern (St Albans upward) parts.

So Australia must seem like paradise to some.

:wubclub:

Not all up north is like that though...

Guest flipflop
Cos its grim up North?

I live in a beautiful part of Lancashire where me old dad can still go up to his corporation allotment where he keeps his pigeons and he still doths his hat at all those he passes on't cobbled streets . . . . . . .

Thats brilliant :cute: aint been up North yet but hear it is real England.

1) The weather divide is a load of rubbish, yes, we often have opposite weather to the south of England but as for the South being sunnier and warmer, thats a load of old rubbish. Okay our rainfall is higher but other than that temperatures are not a lot different maybe 2 or 3 degrees difference at the most.

So apart from more rainfall and the 2-3 degrees colder,,not much difference then:wacko:

Guest flipflop
:SLEEP:All just so predictable, i prefer it when you two are funny.

what you on about :mad: weather is a big part of why people emigrate to Australia and if the weather in the North is so much cooler ane wetter that the South it only makes sence that more people from the North emigrate.

Guest guest30085
Thats brilliant aint been up North yet but hear it is real England.

It was my idea of sarcasm maybe it didnt work :eek:

Its beautiful up here and no we dont all work in the cotton mills anymore or still wear clogs :biglaugh:

But I do think that the whole more approachable and friendly personality does exist in the North. Also Lancashire and Cumbria are I think the wettest counties in England so maybe that has something to do with it?

Guest flipflop
It was my idea of sarcasm maybe it didnt work :eek:

Its beautiful up here and no we dont all work in the cotton mills anymore or still wear clogs

But I do think that the whole more approachable and friendly personality does exist in the North. Also Lancashire and Cumbria are I think the wettest counties in England so maybe that has something to do with it?

You have just "burst my bubble" lady :dull:

Guest mandisfam

Weather again....

If people are moving to the other side of the world based purely on the weather, then I think they really need to think carefully....if its the weather that gets you down "up north" then surely a move "down south" as the weather it seems is soooo much better down there, would be less costly and a hell of a lot easier...

that is of course, you can put up living in over populated areas, were public services are stretch to the limit, bumper to bumper traffic at all times of the day and of course all those selfish rich people.....

Mandisfam

Guest flipflop
Weather again....

If people are moving to the other side of the world based purely on the weather, then I think they really need to think carefully....if its the weather that gets you down "up north" then surely a move "down south" as the weather it seems is soooo much better down there, would be less costly and a hell of a lot easier...

that is of course, you can put up living in over populated areas, were public services are stretch to the limit, bumper to bumper traffic at all times of the day and of course all those selfish rich people.....

Mandisfam

Agree 100% if the weather gets you down maybe a look down South might be better.

Archived