Boyzone's Steven gately Dead...

Guest Aldo

Guest LukeSkywalker

This is from the BBC website:

Irish solicitor Gerald Kean, a spokesman for Gately's family, said: "There's no foul play involved and it's not suicide. "It's just a tragic accident is what we've been told and we're happy that that is correct information. "There is nothing untoward, it's not drugs, we don't believe, it's not suicide, it's not murder, it's not a fight. That's what we've been told." The family hope to have the remains returned to Ireland by the end of the week for the funeral in Dublin, he added.

The only bit that confuses me is that his "remains" will be returned. Surely they mean "body"? Or will he be cremated or something in Spain (which I find unlikely as he is a Catholic isn't he?)

No offence ,BUT why is it turning into a joke? dont understand tbh

Because the guy was involved in the music industry AND gay, therefore without any other information, certain people think it's funny to make up jokes about the way he died, ie it must have been a kinky sex game gone horribly wrong. He couldn't possibly have passed away in any other way..he was GAY, he was in a BAND therefore he was a weirdo, took loads of drugs and had perverted sexual tendencies. (so they must think)

More comedy genius to come when the actual cause of death is revealed, no doubt.

I do feel there are many more people worthy of derision and mocking who are actually alive and might be affected by it.

A young guy who as far as I know never hurt anyone isn't really a fair target.

Can we please just keep this thread respectful and not turn it into a gay bashing laugh, did not know the guy or particulaly like the music but he was a young bloke taken far to early in the prime of his life, so if it was my son i would be distraught, so maybe a bit of respect is due.

Archived