3 weeks ago today we arrived in Melbourne

ozzbound

Guest juliemtaylor

it's like reading a best seller!! Looking forward to more... Hoping I will be able to write such a lovely report when I finally get there too...

Hope to bump into you soon in Melbourne..

Julie x

you don't leave a post half finnished and run off to the beach no matter how good the weather is......... I hope they enjoy the Aussie snags

We did and i keep saying this but i just love it!!!!!

Bugger, was just getting into that post, oh well you know what we Melburnians are like, we love to lie around on the beach all day

We dooooo lol x

This should be a book!!

:biglaugh:

what a great novel...!!!

can't wait for the next chapter xxx

You will be doing your own soon Lynne

Geez you really know how to keep the crowd wanting more, come on you can't stop there. It's raining today so you can't use the beach as an excuse.

Kate

hahahaha you made me laugh with this one! Its still raining now!!!

How far away is the kids school? waiting is killing me:arghh:

lol sorry the computer wouldn't load pomsinoz for some reason.

Enjoyed reading your post, welcome to Melbourne, you are in a nice spot there at Mt. Eliza.

Thanks. We like Mt Eliza but could not afford to buy here looking more towards Mornington and Mount Martha I really like them both.

Just a bit of info, you could get onto the Department of Human Services in Victoria, they advertise jobs on there. Also the infoxchange has many community jobs on there, here's some websites, good luck with it all.

www.dhs.vic.gov.au

www.infoxchange.org.au

Thank you for sharing your story with us- please keep us up to date with how it continues.

I am going checking them out now and thankyou very much for the info xxx

I think at the moment with all the changes in rules and regs going on it's good to hear successful stories and gives us all hope that our dream is worth fighting for

xxx

It is worth fighting for!!!

well done, made my day,needed to smile,was feeling more than fed up with waiting for my sons application to be finalized,scary till its over ,was in Melbourne for the last two weeks.just love it there,have you given Costco and the outlet shops a look at yet,brill,we live four hours away,visit as often as,will keep looking for your update

Guest annemarie and brian

ozzbound,

Thank you for a very good post i have really enjoyed reading it and i hope after all that,you really enjoy your new life in oz, well done.

annemarie

• 3 weeks later...

Great post - the trials and tribulations of moving to Oz. Hope you eldest daughter is now safe and happy in her new school - must be really hard for a teenager to start again. Still if and when she decides to go on to further education she won't be phased by it having done it all a few years before.

Thanks to the person who put the links in for job sites for community work/social work - I only wish I was around for November 19th to go to the information day (I am sure my OH won't mind paying for my flight???).

Also really glad I only stumbled on this thread after the third chapter.....

Guest Clairey b

What a fantastic update-thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful story.

I really hope your eldest daughter is getting on ok.

You deserve every happiness in your new lives in Melbourne.

Claire xx

• 4 years later...

Archived