Is the grass greener on the other side or not ?

Guest jewels1356

Guest jewels1356

well is the grass greener on the other side for you i think it just a diffrent shade of grass no better no worse just plain old diffrent godd but diffrent oh ok very good (for me ) we are all diffrent .

so is the grass greener for you or just diffrent

julie

xxx:hug:

Guest siamsusie
well is the grass greener on the other side for you i think it just a diffrent shade of grass no better no worse just plain old diffrent godd but diffrent oh ok very good (for me ) we are all diffrent .

julie

xxx:hug:[/quote A greener grass for me (except for leaving kiddies) love the quality of life here:wubclub:

Guest JoanneHattersley

Same green, same bills, same work.

Different quality of life and more time together as a couple x

5 years in.

I am a big believer in the grass is as green as you want to make it.

There are many hurdles to clear when you arrive in a new country to live , be prepared to change and adapt and don't admit defeat at the first fallen hurdle, plod on and life eventually gets better and better.

Cal x

Guest littlesarah

For me, after just 3 months (so very early days) the grass is the greenest I've ever seen! (But only figuratively, damn weather!)

I've sidestepped into an area of work that brings me new challenges, & I've just started the process of buying a fab house in a great location - the likes of which just doesn't exist in the UK.

I do miss my family, and friends; and I really need to make some new buddies too. But it's a completely different lifestyle, and I love it.

Whether I'll feel that way in another 12 months - only time will tell I guess..

S

Guest The Pom Queen

Grass, what's that, we are in a drought here in Melbourne and it's usually one big dust bowl, however, saying that it is very green and lush at the moment. Anyway, back to your question. For me, yes it is, for 95% of our clients, yes it is. However, like some OP have said it is what you make of your life that counts. Once you have been here 6 months or more the novelty wears off, and sometimes you have to remind yourself that you are in the land of Oz. You still have to work, the kids still have to go to school so in that respect it is the same. However, there are so many more opportunities, things to do, places to visit.

For us we have a great way of life, the kids are loving it and we would never dream of going back to the UK.

:yes:For me yes it is.

For the first time ever we can afford for me not to work.I am now studying and enjoying doing what I want when I want.

Most weekends we jump in the car ,hook up the trailer tent,kayaks on the roof rack pick a place on the map and off we go.

O/Hs job involves moving every 2-3 years so we will get the chance to really explore.

Loving our new life, no chance of getting bored anytime soon.

NO!

It's definitely NOT greener IMO

It's the same wherever you are!

"Life" in general still throws the same challenges at you day in, day out

It's HOW you approach it that counts!

Australia is not the "Land of Milk and Honey" that some people believe it to be BUT if you chanel your move, life, issues as positively as you can............then you're halfway there!

Australia is NOT for me but I'm living it, embracing the experience and enjoying the adventure AND looking forward to the next chapter of my life!

Guest flipflop

Grass is brown in the UK at the momment in the South....we need some rain belive it or not, you water your own future and you can make it as green as you want no matter where you live.

Guest guest17301

Agree with the lifes what you make it principle but the grass is way greener for me. If it wasn't what would be the point in staying with all the sacrifice that doing so entails?

If the grass doesn't seem green any more it must be time to move on.

julie

xxx:hug:

Honest answer from someone who loves both places.......you need to give it at least 2 years .

Wait for the weather,space, beaches and other differences to wear off,and you settle down to "normal" living

I could write a list equally as long of " good and bad" for both.

Ultimately its where you feel you belong.

If you feel you belong in Oz ....BLOODY GOOD LUCK TO YOU....WELL DONE.

If you carry that " empty" feeling over a prolonged period ,then your answer may well be different.

Where would i rather be right now .....on the beach in oz or in the UK stuck in traffic .....the answer is obvious .

Where would i rather be in my big house in Oz , or in my house in the UK.

UK everyday of the week .......thats not a criticism of either place ......its just that the UK fits like a glove ,and not like a new shoe.

Its implausible to state that Australia suits everyone. Where does? Some of us take to it straight away, some of us take a while and some of us never do.

Me, I love it. It isn't perfect, there are things that do my head in. But my life is much better here than it was in the UK. No comparison. I knew after about 2 days here that I would never leave.

Thank God we took the chance to try it though.

There is too much on this site about money, how it can be made through property, how to maximise exchange rates etc. I think I am worse off since I came here but I couldn't give a monkeys frankly. My life is richer.

If your concerns are Vivienne Westwood dresses & Gucci bags, Australia is not for you, at least WA most certainly isn't; Oz is cooler than that. If your concerns are a few tinnies down the beach and a bag o fish of chips, bonza! Roll up.

Guest brooksey

Like others have said we have no grass, just dust. It's only rained here for 4 hours in the last 4 or 5 months. Seriously though i'm 55% Oz and 45% England. Its very different and i couldn't argue with anyone who prefers one or the other.

Guest flipflop
My grass is very brown :( need some rain to turn it green again.

Hey my grass is brown in London, can you believe we have a hosepipe ban in some parts of the South still...rain forecast for London next week at last.

Guest Darwin's coming too

Hi

Grass in general is greener here, I miss my friends and parents but they're all booking flights to see us next year. I just can't imagine not waking up to sunshine everyday especially with the clocks changing in the UK at the end of the month - the horrible 3 months of travelling to/from work in the dark - YUK !

Lisa

Guest flipflop
Hi

Grass in general is greener here' date=' I miss my friends and parents but they're all booking flights to see us next year. [b']I just can't imagine not waking up to sunshine everyday [/b]especially with the clocks changing in the UK at the end of the month - the horrible 3 months of travelling to/from work in the dark - YUK !

Lisa

Where the hell do you live mate....:laugh:

Guest flipflop
In the year that we've lived on the Gold Coast i reckon we've woken up to clear blue skies for approx 330 days.

Really :radar: you have been lucky as they average about the same as perth......where I lived in Perth it was mostly cloud.

We dont have real "grass" here at all just some rough fescue which looks dead most of the time although at the moment it is greener because we have had some rain - whooopeeee! Dams now 47%.

Even on the best of days the grass is neither literally nor metaphorically greener here IMHO.

Archived