"No further stay" condition on the Student visa?

Guest plinkabob

Guest plinkabob

Hello.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible...

I am here on a working holiday visa (I am british). My partner is Australian and we are planning to apply for the defacto visa. We have only just started sharing a house where both our names are on the bills and lease etc even though we have been living together for 6 months already and been in a relationship for one year.

My visa will expire in June which leaves 3 months until the full year of the proper evidence we will need to be successful in our application.

Anyway, I am planning on finishing my education and was wondering if it would be a good idea to leave Australia when my visa is up and then apply for a student visa straight afterwards meaning that not only can I finish my studies but also have more than enough time to get things ready for the defacto visa.

On the immi site, on the page for studend visa obligations, it says ...

"'No further stay' condition

Some visas are issued with a 'no further stay' condition. This condition means that you cannot apply to stay in Australia beyond the date specified on your visa, except in extremely limited circumstances."

Does that mean that my plan is useless or does it depend entirely on the student visa I would need as it does say "some visa's" not "this visa"

Anyway it would be a great healp if you could help me.

Thank you so mcuh

Helene

If you are British, or of a nationality at Student Visa Assessment Level 1, you can apply onshore. NFS or No Further Stay can apply to AL2 (unlikely), AL3 (for up to 40 weeks study). AL4 have no idea, never dealt with one :)

Also keep in mind you can study a lot of different courses, with huge difference in cost from AUD2500 (private Vocational), AUD4500-5500 (TAFE state Vocational) to AUD15000 (university) for half year.

• 1 year later...
Guest clalot

Hi there, did you ever find out about the 'no further stay' condition? I am planning to do the same thing and need to know...

Archived