Need Assistance from applying as an Accountant

Guest monster

Guest monster

Hi,

It's been a while since the last time I sought advise here in pomsinoz so here I go again. I'm planning to have my skills assessed as an Accountant, anybody knows which among the 3 Accounting Assessing authorities (Nat'l Institute of Accountants, CPA Australia, or Institute of chartered Accountants) provides the fastest and positive result?

I've also read that they are asking for course syllabus or outline of all the pertinent subjects taken up at Uni. Is it really a requirement?

And which among the states provide faster approval of 176 state sponsorship for accountants?

Cheers!

Hi Monster,

I had my skills assessed by ICAA and paid for their fast track processing which was 2 weeks. I'm not sure if the others have this option. They all have to follow the same criteria when assessing your skills so dont see that one would be better than any other, except that one has an affiliation with CIMA so most CIMA qualifieds apply to them as it may be an easier process. Its worth looking at each of their websites to see who they are affiliated to, and the core competencies they require. It all depends on what qualification you have.

I had to provide degree certificate, course transcripts, and syllabus guides for all modules. I had to go back to the uni for these, and get them to print them off and stamp and sign each page! Its a hassle but if you provide what is required, will get it back pretty quick.

Not sure about state sponsorship but QLD dont sponsor accountants, and I think they're all experienceing huge volumes so are taking a while. Some around 18wks!

Good luck,

Shaz

• 2 years later...
Guest gregos

I have applied for a 175 for me, the wife and our 3 kids and have sent the following to be assessed via our agent go matilda to the ICAA:

Completed PASA from ICAA

Original IELTS Test Report Form overall band 8.5

Current CV and profile

All employment references since leaving UNI

ACCA letter of good standing

ACCA Practising Certificate

ACCA Fellowship Cert

ACCA Membership

ACCA Affiliate

ACCA Transcript

Uni Degree

Uni Transcript

Assoc of Project Managers Cert - PRINCE2

Hi,

I'm waiting for my IELTS results and am planning to have my skills assessed with CPA as soon as they arrive! I looked into all options and CPA say on their website that they are turning around applications in 2 weeks at the moment as standard. They're also cheapest and include a skilled experience check for you too within the price. For me, I'm CIMA qualified so CPA is a natural fit for me anyways as the 2 bodies have a reciprocal agreement so I know 100% that they will recognise my qualification fully :)

Hope this helps.

Archived