Just lodged de facto spouse visa 309

Guest claire1

OK guys! Just got a visa from Australian High Commission and tadaaaaaaaaaaa....

I'VE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

Been browsing this forum for a while now but this is my first post.. I must say it has been a great source of information while me and the missus (mostly her) have been compiling our application.. Great to see so many applications being granted quickly. I am off as soon as it hopefully comes through and given that my girlfriend is just about to touch down in Melbourne, that couldn't happen soon enough!

So here are my stats:

Application Sent: Thursday 16th October (fully front-loaded with meds and police check)

Money Taken: Tuesday 20th October

............ Hurry up and email me!

Hopefully I haven't got one of the lazy case officers that some people seem to have been lumped with!

Guest claire1
Hello All,

Been browsing this forum for a while now but this is my first post.. I must say it has been a great source of information while me and the missus (mostly her) have been compiling our application.. Great to see so many applications being granted quickly. I am off as soon as it hopefully comes through and given that my girlfriend is just about to touch down in Melbourne, that couldn't happen soon enough!

So here are my stats:

Application Sent: Thursday 16th October (fully front-loaded with meds and police check)

Money Taken: Tuesday 20th October

............ Hurry up and email me!

Hopefully I haven't got one of the lazy case officers that some people seem to have been lumped with!

Hey Fergal,

Hope all is going well with your application! We heard from Australia House about a week after our application got there (just assigning case officer and telling us to get the meds done) but I wasn’t actually expecting to hear anything for a few weeks so I was surprised. Some people on this site have been waiting for the initial contact only to receive their first email saying the visa has been granted so you never know! It’s pretty hard to pick cause I guess we all have different case officers and all our applications would all be different – but at least they seem to be going through quite quickly! I’m trying my hardest to not send annoying emails asking for updates – it’s really hard waiting but hopefully our case is progressing like the rest seem to be. Good luck!

Hi and good luck Fergal, I hope all goes well with your visa, just a quick update that I sent my visa down to London to get the visa stamped on Tuesday 26 October, sent special delivery - abit nail biting with the mail strikes etc, but received it yesterday in my self stamped pre paid special delivery envelope!!!! 28 October!! How fast was that?? Theymust have done it in an afternoon or something!!

Now it's a case of getting the house on the market and I'm trying to remain optimistic even though it's the 'wind down' time in the housing market at this time of year here.......fingers crossed!!!

Congrats Happy Lass and Sofie, it's the best feeling in the world to get that email!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say congrats to all you guys who've had your visas granted so quickly, nice work! :-) I hope you settle in to Aus easily... not hard I guess, weather has to be better than here... None of you who got your visas quickly must have a surname beginning with L... Unfortunately for us it's been a struggle from the beginning.

After submitting the app by hand on 22 Sept, the money disappeared two days later but we waited 10 days before we finally got an email ON BEHALF of our CO (not even from her) telling us who she is and asking for some other info (that if they'd bothered to investigate what we'd given them they wouldn't have needed anyway) and good ol' form 80... so we sent those in two days later, heard NOTHING! Emailed CO last Monday... nothing... It's so frustrating, as time is running out and our wedding is booked for April in Sydney, so we'd planned to be there in December, but it's looking like January now... or even later!

I'm the Aussie, and have a Brit passport too, hence why I can stay here in London however long... but I could also go home any time and start setting us up. I just don't want to be apart from my fiance though!

Anyway, you guys have probably read this story before, there's not much to be done, it's just a matter of waiting and wondering... I just wish our CO would communicate with us, even if it's to say, hey, I'm doing ten million other applications at the moment so yours will have to wait a bit - at least then we'll know! :-)

Hi

We applied for an offshore partner visa in London, fully front-loaded application was sent and was approved in 2 days!! (despite being advised by them before we submitted that applications can take up to 6 months).

I think it really pays to just have everything ready before they ask!

Goodluck!

Archived