Just lodged de facto spouse visa 309

Guest claire1

Guest claire1

Hello!

My partner and I have just received confirmation that our de facto spouse visa application has arrived in London and we have been assigned a case officer. We have been told that my partner should get his meds done now which he will do in the next week. Other than the meds, our application had all the required docs (police check, form 47SP, form 40SP, form 80 and a whole bunch of evidence relating to our relationship). The timelines on this site are great but it seems that from month to month processing times change quite a bit so I just wanted to see if anyone else has lodge recently and how their application was going. We were hoping the visa would get approved by November but now we are just hoping that we will be together for Christmas (my partner, who is English, lives in Scotland and I have been home in Australia since March). Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi claire1,

Just like you, I just lodged my application for a spouse subclass 309 visa in London on 28 September. They took the money on 30 September and we heard back from them yesterday when I got an email saying I now had a case officer named so and so and a reference file number. They also asked me to send in certified copies of: sponsor's biodata passport (photo) page or citizen's certificate, applicant's passport and a self addressed special delivery envelope.

They didn't mention anything else. I am a bit confused as I already sent in a certified copy of my passport (went to the solicitor and had it properly done). Does anyone know why they need a copy of my sponsor's passport? I sent an email back to my CO to ask what they were going to send back as I need to know how much postage to affix to the self addressed envelope.

I've just got a feeling that they have only just glanced at my application, and they will be asking for more info soon. Any comments?

Hello!

My partner and I have just received confirmation that our de facto spouse visa application has arrived in London and we have been assigned a case officer. We have been told that my partner should get his meds done now which he will do in the next week. Other than the meds, our application had all the required docs (police check, form 47SP, form 40SP, form 80 and a whole bunch of evidence relating to our relationship). The timelines on this site are great but it seems that from month to month processing times change quite a bit so I just wanted to see if anyone else has lodge recently and how their application was going. We were hoping the visa would get approved by November but now we are just hoping that we will be together for Christmas (my partner, who is English, lives in Scotland and I have been home in Australia since March). Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi

I have just lodged my prospective spouse visa this week as I am in Edinburgh and my fiance is in Canberra, so it's all exciting stuff!! I'm still awaiting email confirmation of my visa has got there but yeah we had to do the whole evidence thing, 47SP, 40SP, Form 888's etc and include all sorts of evidence, as well as the police check and medicals.....

Good luck and let me know how you get on!!!:cute:

Hi All

I lodged my 309 in person in London on Tuesday 6th September, had an email and c/o assigned on Monday 12th asking for a certified copy of birth cert (Had mine certified by a police officer apparently not ok!) and they will have got that today....fingers crossed it will be quick...there have been some really quick once recently...my partner is here but heads back in a few weeks so the sooner the better! Keep you posted! Jen

I lodged my Subclass 309 de facto offshore visa application on 5th October in person at the High Commision in London.

They took payment there and then and I recieved an email from my case officer the same afternoon with file ref and request for meds and police check. Was very impressed with the speediness!

I emailed straight back and advised that my meds should already be at the High Commision as I had these done on 7th Sept and that my police certificate was on its way to me but stuck in the post.

I recieved my police check the next day and took to the Australia House in person on 8th Oct.

I emailed my CO that afternoon to ask for confirmation of receipt of the police check and that my medical records had been found and matched with my application. No reply as yet! Hoping there is no issue with my medical forms and they haven't been lost as there was maybe 3 weeks between the doctor sending them on and me submitting my application. Has anyone else had any issues with front loading meds and the forms arriving before the visa application? I'm sure everything is fine and the CO just hasn't had chance to get back to me but it's easy to get nervous about these things!

Me and my partner are hoping to be in Brisbane by Jan but would like visa by end of Nov so that notice can be given on flat and job in time to finish before Chrsitmas. Fingers crossed for a quick processing!

Good luck to everyone else who is in the same boat!

hi everyone

just to let you know i sent my application off on 16 September, money was taken 18th CO emailed 22nd September requesting an Australian police check as it is a new policy with sponsoring my daughter, i recieved this from australia within 1.5 weeks and was sent to AHC for 9th Oct and visa was granted today so all in all just under four weeks and 1.5 week was waiting for police check..so quite a quick turnaround... `our flights are booked for January 1st, new year new start etc..

Good luck with it all the AHC really seem to be processing quite quickly at the moment.

As for the AHC requesting sponsor visa, i had to do this my agent said as i supoose it shows my OH visa in his passport!!

Good luck to you all and if you need any advice i will try and help with what i know

:biggrin:

Hi Janie 1

I frontloaded my application and the meds were sent approx 4 weeks before my application, these seem to be matched up fine so would not worry, they will pull them togther.

Fingers crossed you hear soon... i was having palpatations with the wait for a decision.

Brisbane here i come :biggrin:

LJJ, Ok makes sense if that's the case but my OH is an Australian national by birth so he doesn't have a visa for OZ. Ah well, anyway we'll get it done today. I still haven't heard back from my CO regarding my questions so I guess we'll just get the stuff they requested certified and then assume they will be sending all our stuff back so we'll add as much postage as we did when we sent our application in (it as 1 kg heavy!).

We have only been together for 15 months but been living together for 13 when we applied so hopefully that will be OK.

Really can't stand just waiting around!

i know the feeling and I've only just lodged my application, but have been working on it intensively for about 4 months to collate everything together, gathering evidence, getting the meds done and police check - it's deffo been a learning curve! And now it's nail biting time lol!!! My fiance is also an Oz national by birth and he is over there at the moment so it's quite hard at times being here when all I want to do is up sticks and go!!! Here's hoping I'll get confirmation soon though all the best with your application too xx

yeah tell me about it! i'm just starting to worry about what happens if it gets refused. our case it not the most clear cut unfortunately. just hoping that my CO is human and not a robot.

struggling a little bit today as we're having some money problems as well with my OH being unemployed at the moment and I don't really make loads of money. all my savings have gone to pay for the visa and meds etc. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

fingers crossed for you. it must be really hard being so far away from eachother, i can't even think about not seeing my bf every day.

yeah tell me about it! i'm just starting to worry about what happens if it gets refused. our case it not the most clear cut unfortunately. just hoping that my CO is human and not a robot.

struggling a little bit today as we're having some money problems as well with my OH being unemployed at the moment and I don't really make loads of money. all my savings have gone to pay for the visa and meds etc. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

fingers crossed for you. it must be really hard being so far away from eachother, i can't even think about not seeing my bf every day.

Yeah I was in Canberra for a couple of weeks last month and it was fab just being with him again but hard leaving just makes it even worse now that I've been over lol,but at least the visa has been sent and fingers crossed for you too Sofie, it's really hard going but am glad we found this site for support advice and help to get through the visa process!!!:hug:

any news people? i sent in the stuff they requested on thursday and it arrived on friday. still no reply from co about my queries but anyway. hope you're all well and not stressing too much.

Hi Janie 1

I frontloaded my application and the meds were sent approx 4 weeks before my application, these seem to be matched up fine so would not worry, they will pull them togther.

Fingers crossed you hear soon... i was having palpatations with the wait for a decision.

Brisbane here i come :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice LJJ. Still had no response from CO so may get in touch again to hopefully give them a nudge in the right direction.

Good luck for the move.

any news people? i sent in the stuff they requested on thursday and it arrived on friday. still no reply from co about my queries but anyway. hope you're all well and not stressing too much.

Hiya

Case Officer was assigned on Friday and sent a confirmation email requesting a certified copy of Bri's passport, Bri got that done and emailed it to C/O this morning and he got a confirmation email that the C/O had got it. Had to send down a 1023 form on Friday afternoon as I'd spotted some errors on the 40SP form, should have arrived in London this morning special delivery so fingers crossed, just waiting on the certified 40SP form coming over from Oz, as Bri sent the C/O an amended one without the mistakes directly so I'll know he'll have it too......

Fingers crossed everyone!!!

I think that the C/O's go through everything first and then make contact, unfortunately, I'm not sure just how long it all takes, I think each case will be dealt with on an individual basis depending on circumstances etc.....keep us posted Sofie!!

Guest claire1

Sofie- They also asked me to send in certified copies of: sponsor's biodata passport (photo) page or citizen's certificate, applicant's passport and a self addressed special delivery envelope.

Hi Sofie!

I hope everything is going well with your app! I had to include a certified copy of my birth cert (as the sponsor) so i think thats normal. I have been thinking about them asking you to send in your actual passport and maybe (and please dont quote me on this) but could it be to send back the visa to you? I know you just lodged a little while ago but have they mentioned that its been approved already? It just seems like asking for your passport would be something they would do if it has been. I'm really not sure on that one, maybe someone else might know a bit more about that and if its something that happens early on in the process - my partner has not been asked for his passport yet. Let me know how your application is going!

Best of Luck!!

************* hi Sophie - think i misunderstood you, did you have to send in your actual passport or just a certified copy? I think LJJ comment sounds right, they would only ask for your passport once its been granted.

From what i can gather they only ask for your passport for visa evidencing after they have sent you the email that it has been granted.. I dont think its a usual process to ask for passport mid processing to apply visa as they seem to follow a rigid process once it has been granted with sending off your passport for evidencing as to not cause confusion

Hey guys just thought I would give you my time line

Visa Lodged in person Tuesday 6th Oct fully frontloaded with meds, police check and Form 80

C/O assigned and further info requested Monday 12th October

309 Granted Wednesday 21st October

I hope everyone gets the answer they are waiting for soon :)

Jen x

Congratulations Jenny... isnt it just the best feeling when you get that email.. . the whole world feels like it has been lifted of your shoulders

When and where are you going?, we fly new years day

Guest claire1

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I might update you all on our timeline!

Visa sent to London: 25/09/09

Case officer allocation and told to get meds done: 01/10/09

Medicals sent to London: 22/10/09

So that’s where we are at the moment! I hope everyone is going well with it all – it’s such a horrible and stressful process!! We don’t really know anything new at the mo and as yet have not been asked to provide any more info so just like you good folk, we will have to play the waiting game! On the bright side it really is nice to read everyone’s comments and know there are a whole lot of other people out there going through the exact same thing!

Pptrixibell – my partner lives in Edinburgh too and he just had his meds done, if you haven’t already had yours it was pretty quick to get an appointment and it only takes a week to get the results back, apparently his meds are winging their way down to London right now….. if the postal strike doesn’t delay things!!

To everyone who is making the sensible decision to move to Brisbane – the weather is beautiful and we are in for a lovely hot Christmas!! You’ll love it here!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I might update you all on our timeline!

Visa sent to London: 25/09/09

Case officer allocation and told to get meds done: 01/10/09

Medicals sent to London: 22/10/09

So that’s where we are at the moment! I hope everyone is going well with it all – it’s such a horrible and stressful process!! We don’t really know anything new at the mo and as yet have not been asked to provide any more info so just like you good folk, we will have to play the waiting game! On the bright side it really is nice to read everyone’s comments and know there are a whole lot of other people out there going through the exact same thing!

Pptrixibell – my partner lives in Edinburgh too and he just had his meds done, if you haven’t already had yours it was pretty quick to get an appointment and it only takes a week to get the results back, apparently his meds are winging their way down to London right now….. if the postal strike doesn’t delay things!!

To everyone who is making the sensible decision to move to Brisbane – the weather is beautiful and we are in for a lovely hot Christmas!! You’ll love it here!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Hi Clare

My meds were done in Edinburgh in August and my Doc confirmed last week that she had sent them to London on 02 Sept 09, so hopefully (not up to spec with the terminology on here yet! lol) that means my meds were frontloaded!! I had to wait a couple of weeks till the Doc came back off from holidays, but got my X ray done whilst I was waiting and took it along to the Doc when she did the full med.

Hopefully it'll all happen for us soon!!!!:hug::jiggy:

Hi All,

Good to hear that things are moving for some of you, and that some have already got their visas! Congrats!

Just to clarify my situation, they did ask for a certified copy of my passport, not my actual passport. That has all been sent off and has been with them for over a week now. Still no contact from C/O which is a bit disappointing considering some of you seem to have regular emails, or at least acknowledgements. But ah well. We'll just keep on waiting I guess.

Unfortunately my boyfriend and I have had to make a decision to go at different times, so we've booked his flights to Oz for 12th January. It was getting too expensive to wait for my visa to come through and since he is currently unemployed we needed to get it out of the way and as cheap as possible. I am looking to go mid-February, hoping to get a oneway flight for £500-600.

Hope you're not too stressed, I find myself even forgetting about the visa from time to time which I never thought I would!

Archived