ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonrop

my occupation is not on the list

Guest jonrop

Hi all

my occupation is not on the SOList but what i have found is that's spread across a few other occupations like sheet metal worker and mechanical services and air-conditioning plumber

my occupation is thermal insulation engineer(lagger)

we do

install thermal or acoustic insulation materials to ducting, piping, or air handling equipment.

also vessels, silos and pumps hot and cold work

metal cladding and other finishes

can anyone help

Hi all

my occupation is not on the SOList but what i have found is that's spread across a few other occupations like sheet metal worker and mechanical services and air-conditioning plumber

my occupation is thermal insulation engineer(lagger)

we do

install thermal or acoustic insulation materials to ducting, piping, or air handling equipment.

also vessels, silos and pumps hot and cold work

metal cladding and other finishes

can anyone help

UNIT GROUP 8219 OTHER CONSTRUCTION AND MINING LABOURERS

This unit group covers Construction and Mining Labourers not elsewhere classified.It includes Crane Chasers, Driller's Assistants, Laggers, Mining Support Workers and Surveyor's Assistants.

Indicative Skill Level:

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.

In Australia:

AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Guest eurosyl

Westly,

8219 is not on SOL, so this category does not help finding an ASCO code to apply under. It seems to me tho that this is a category of people that Australia wants for the upcoming mining projects tho. Any additional suggestions?

Cheers,

Sylvia

Guest Mono1

I just seen ur post about the situation u found yourself in 2009... now i find myself in a similar situation. I have been a lagger for the past 15 years and want to emigrate to Oz along with my family. As our occupation still is not listed on the SOList i was wondering if you found an avenue that allowed u get a visa for austrailia. Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated

I suggest that prospective applicants in the above circumstances should consider consulting a registered migration agent for an assessment of possible visa strategies.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Guest jonrop

i'm now going with the firm that i work cape to oz and i think they are using 1st or 2nd class sheet metal worker. also AGC are looking for lagger to go over

Guest Mono1

Ah thanx for that info...... do u have any more details about the AGC insulation?? Are they an english or austrailian company. I have been in contact with insulating companies in oz that seem interested but its just getting the visa to get there!!