WA SS- Update -Visa Grants & Departures

cartertucker

Hi Kelly

Can you add our times to the front page - just pressed the button and booked the flights!

We fly out 28th June for 4 weeks to validate or to stay if we have sold the house. It feels great to finally tell everyone we are going - really didnt want to do it til we had that magic email:cute:

So excited to finally be making concrete plans even if we only end up validating, there will be no looking back

Donna x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

Well has been while since been on, Logan are little ozzy bundle of joy is now 5 months old and doing great.

We have moved from are first rental property as i didnt like it, and now have a nice 4 bed 2 bathroom which we need lol.

Had to change schools for Tyler as she was getting bullied and punched nearly every day by a boy in her class. Got to the point where she was in tears wanting to go back to uk to live with her dad. But she has started new school and seems to be happy there.

I havent really meet many people still here and tend to spend most days at home but im starting to get used to it now. I meet up reg with Tanya (2pigs 3little pigglets) for cuppa and chats as she only lives about 30 min drive from me.

Strangely am still trying to adjust to being out here and we have been here 6 months now, have to say it feels longer lol.

Have got lili and logan into a day care centre, lili goes 2 days a week and logan goes 1 day a week. Think it helps greatly as it gives me a monday to myself lol.

Anyway if anyone fancys to meet give me a shout.

Rachael

• 1 month later...
Guest theleeclan

Hi everyone not posted on here for a while.

Well we have been in Secret Harbour 8 weeks tommorrow but feels like we have been here much longer. Have finally moved into a rental nearly 2 weeks ago, had the keys a couple of weeks before but we were still waiting for out container to arrive from the UK. Thought we might as well stay in the holiday rental while we were waiting rather than waste more money on stuff as we had paid for 6 weeks anyway. They should of shipped it before xmas but it actually left the same day as us, but here now and feels much more like home with our belongings.

Well really like Secret Harbour everything for day to day on your doorstep and if you need anything else just a quick drive to Rockingham. Not to mention the lovely beaches around the area, we quite often nip down to Secret Harbour beach after the kids have finished school for a quick dip.

Kids are all at Comet Bay Primary School and have settled in so well all making new friends. Have found the school lovely so far and even though it is big never feels like that, everyone really friendly as well. Think if we were to say we were going back they would be devasted.

OH has found work doing Roof Plumbing, finding it a bit boring though so starting to look for something else but its work for the mean time. Has found the building industry very different across here he was used to doing all aspects of roofing back in the UK but seem to have different person that does each part here. A roof tiler puts on the tiles, someone else puts on the ridge etc.

I am waiting to hear back about a part time job in Rockingham so keeping my fingers crossed, would be so handy as not far to travel.

Spending loads of time at all the beaches at the weekend, swimming, snorkelling and body boarding. Have so far managed to visit Kings Park, AQWA, been down to Mandurah and been to a petting zoo called Marapana not far from us to feed the kangaroos and see the Koalas. OH fitted in quite a few games of golf at Rockingham, Kwinana, Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour was playing with borrowed clubs at first as his were on the ship so much happier to have his own back.

Loving it here so far, not missing much about the UK, OH had a couple of bad weeks but seem better now and kids just loving been able to spend so much time outdoors.

Well keep you posted.

Ann x

Guest theleeclan
Hi Everyone,

Well has been while since been on, Logan are little ozzy bundle of joy is now 5 months old and doing great.

We have moved from are first rental property as i didnt like it, and now have a nice 4 bed 2 bathroom which we need lol.

Had to change schools for Tyler as she was getting bullied and punched nearly every day by a boy in her class. Got to the point where she was in tears wanting to go back to uk to live with her dad. But she has started new school and seems to be happy there.

I havent really meet many people still here and tend to spend most days at home but im starting to get used to it now. I meet up reg with Tanya (2pigs 3little pigglets) for cuppa and chats as she only lives about 30 min drive from me.

Strangely am still trying to adjust to being out here and we have been here 6 months now, have to say it feels longer lol.

Have got lili and logan into a day care centre, lili goes 2 days a week and logan goes 1 day a week. Think it helps greatly as it gives me a monday to myself lol.

Anyway if anyone fancys to meet give me a shout.

Rachael

Hi

Where about's are you?

Hope everything is working out for your daughter at the new school, and in your new rental.

Ann x

Hi Ann.....

How lovely to hear from you

& great to know how your getting on....:yes:

Interesting what you say about the roofing.....But its great to hear that he does have a job, something which, naturally everyone worrys about

Good luck with your job....What are you hoping to be doing?

Great to hear the children are settling well....:cute:

Do you think you will be putting down permanant roots in Secret Harbour?

Keep in touch......:chatterbox:

Guest theleeclan
Hi Ann.....

How lovely to hear from you

& great to know how your getting on....:yes:

Interesting what you say about the roofing.....But its great to hear that he does have a job, something which, naturally everyone worrys about

Good luck with your job....What are you hoping to be doing?

Great to hear the children are settling well....:cute:

Do you think you will be putting down permanant roots in Secret Harbour?

Keep in touch......:chatterbox:

Hi Kelly

Great to hear from you, any news about the visa yet?

Lots of building work still going on not sure about north but definately down here be prepared to have to get own transport though Richard lucky getting picked up but a lot advertised say need own, a lot say ABN as well so you are sub contracting rather than been employed. The job I am waiting to hear about for one of the private health insurance co, just want something part time so I can be around for kids as much as poss.

Hoping to stay in Secret Harbour, really like it and as the kids have settled so well dont really want to keep uprooting them.

Ann xx

Hi Kelly

Great to hear from you, any news about the visa yet?

Lots of building work still going on not sure about north but definately down here be prepared to have to get own transport though Richard lucky getting picked up but a lot advertised say need own, a lot say ABN as well so you are sub contracting rather than been employed. The job I am waiting to hear about for one of the private health insurance co, just want something part time so I can be around for kids as much as poss.

Hoping to stay in Secret Harbour, really like it and as the kids have settled so well dont really want to keep uprooting them.

Ann xx

Hi Ann we are coming to Secret Harbour we land on the 1st of July and have a holiday rental for a Month. Matts had no luck as yet job wise as yet. We are hoping to enrol Travis at Comet Bay not sure about Jamie yet as she may go and spend time with her Father in Brisane as she hasnt seen him in 5 years.

Lovely to hear from you glad you like Secret Harbour.:jiggy:

Guest theleeclan
Hi Ann we are coming to Secret Harbour we land on the 1st of July and have a holiday rental for a Month. Matts had no luck as yet job wise as yet. We are hoping to enrol Travis at Comet Bay not sure about Jamie yet as she may go and spend time with her Father in Brisane as she hasnt seen him in 5 years.

Lovely to hear from you glad you like Secret Harbour.:jiggy:

Hi Catherine

We gave up looking for jobs in end till we got here, think it is easier to sort out at this end. Really like what we have experienced of Comet Bay so far and kids love it.

Would be great to meet up if you fancy when you get here.

Ann x

Ann that would be great to meet up, and yes I think you are right about the job situation, there are so many vacancies advertised but no one is getting back, I suppose its understandable as if you have a vacancy now why would you wait 3 or 4 months for someone to come from overseas! Loving the look of Secret Harbour looks like PIO are taking it over!:biggrin:

Guest theleeclan
Ann that would be great to meet up, and yes I think you are right about the job situation, there are so many vacancies advertised but no one is getting back, I suppose its understandable as if you have a vacancy now why would you wait 3 or 4 months for someone to come from overseas! Loving the look of Secret Harbour looks like PIO are taking it over!:biggrin:

Sure everything will be fine job wise when you get here.

Yes looks like PIO are doesnt it. Have sent you a PM.

Ann x

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here I am at last.

Just booked our reccie for 24th May for 16 days can't wait.

When I have more than 5 mins I will have a read through the posts and join in all you fun.

WINE O'CLOCK WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Emma and Gang

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here I am at last.

Just booked our reccie for 24th May for 16 days can't wait.

When I have more than 5 mins I will have a read through the posts and join in all you fun.

WINE O'CLOCK WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Emma and Gang

Great to see you here on this thread......:yes:

I have added your timeline to the front page & we shall all look forward to hearing all about your trip.....:wink:

Kelly I just realised I havent asked you to add me to the list, what am I like???:goofy:

What are you like indeed Cath!......:rolleyes:

just quick update booked our 1 way flights august 30th . now must be the time to start to get worried.

Oh Wow! Great news.....Wishing you all the best.....:yes:

Hi all, can any one help me?

I am tied to the UK until 2012 but have applied for my TRA assessment, but wish to get my SSV from WA, but do not want to apply too early in case there is an expiry date.i want to apply for my 176 next spring to ensure if it is granted early i am still within my year to activate it after june 2012.

Guest alansgirlfriend

Hiya Cartertucker

Can you add me on too.

Got visa granted 19 March 2010.

Booking flights to Perth for 12 May 2010.

Lynn and Alan

Hiya Cartertucker

Can you add me on too.

Got visa granted 19 March 2010.

Booking flights to Perth for 12 May 2010.

Thanks

Lynn and Alan

Would love to add you.....

Congratulations again on your visa grant....:v_SPIN:

Great to see more people joining this thread

Yes, it really is fantastic to see all the visa grants coming in.....:jiggy:

Please do use this thread as your 'new WA where are you now' thread....Enjoy & have fun chatting about everything that comes with the next stages after visa grant.....:chatterbox:

Guest TheHollies

Hi Kelly, can you add us to your departure list please

Tues 5th October

yikes....i feel sick, lol!

:wacko:

Guest TheHollies
WOO HOO WOO HOO, another one on the departure list :wubclub: and you'll be over just in time for my Birthday drinks (19th) :jiggy:

Excellent, looking forward to drinking that lovely aussie wine in the sunshine, not that we dont have enough here, just tastes better in the sun, lol! xx

Guest theleeclan
Hi Kelly, can you add us to your departure list please

Tues 5th October

yikes....i feel sick, lol!

:wacko:

Excellent so good to see more people on the departures, cold beer definately better here on a hot day. :cool:

Archived