Renting in Sydney - 30 mins from CBD

martincburgess

Hi all,

Its getting close for us. Skilled visa achieved and two job interviews whilst currently on hols / recci in WA, SA, NSW and QLD. Its been hectic.

However a job in the centre of Sydney looks pretty hopeful (Kent St - Town Hall Station). Notwithstanding the cost of living in Sydney (ouch) - I would be grateful for feedback on good areas to rent an apartment, which is within 30 minutes commute to the centre, by public transport - either train, bus or ferry.

Prepared to venture out a bit to get better value rental properties. Ideally would like a 2+ bed rental close to amenities (local shops, cafes etc) at a price of less than $650 - $700pw.

Any advice on areas to look at (or indeed avoid) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Yes - well, it depends on what you like to do on weekends....the closer to the Eastern Beaches you go the more expensive it is - places like the Hills District have nice homes and also the Sutherland Shire but travelling into the city can be a pain - closer to the city you get less for your money but then you save a lot of travelling time and costs. Suburbs close to the city (if you don't mind buses) I like are Lane Cove or Waverton on the North side, Strathfield and Lilyfield in the Inner West and Oatley in the South. I looked at all of those areas but had the help of www.sydneyrentalsearch.com.au

Archived