Guest amywilson

Guest amywilson

hi i currently living in oz with my new australian husband on a tourist visa about to apply for my spouce visa just wondering as i lived in south korea for 12 months will they want a police check from there as well as the one i have from the uk. WE flew to vegas to get married as it was just easier than getting married in either country ( oz or uk ) and i only have 3 months left on my tourist visa so just hoping io dont need to take a flight somewhere just to come back while waiting for my visa to be processed thanks alot amy

so just hoping io dont need to take a flight somewhere just to come back while waiting for my visa to be processed thanks alot amy

Hi Amy,

Do you have an 8503 condition on your current visa?

If not, then you will go on to a Bridging Visa A after you lodge the spouse visa.

If you lived in Korea for over 12 months then you will need a PCC from there.

Guest amywilson
Hi Amy,

Do you have an 8503 condition on your current visa?

If not, then you will go on to a Bridging Visa A after you lodge the spouse visa.

If you lived in Korea for over 12 months then you will need a PCC from there.

Thanks for that I just have some questions : I dont know what a 8503 is so im taking it i dont have one im just on a ETA as anyother tourist from the UK, ive been flying backwards and forwards until now were married im stopping here.

Also will i go onto a bridging visa automatically? or do i need to do something ?

Sorry to be a pain but any ideas how i go about getting a police clearance from korea? As i was only there working as a teacher on a visa.

thanks alot you ve put my mind at rest abit thanks again amy

Thanks for that I just have some questions : I dont know what a 8503 is so im taking it i dont have one im just on a ETA as anyother tourist from the UK, ive been flying backwards and forwards until now were married im stopping here.

Also will i go onto a bridging visa automatically? or do i need to do something ?

Sorry to be a pain but any ideas how i go about getting a police clearance from korea? As i was only there working as a teacher on a visa.

The immi website tells you about Korean PCCs here.

An 8503 is a "no further stay" condition and is quite often found on 676 visas which are a different type of tourist visa to the ETA.

Once you lodge a valid application before your ETA expires, then you will automatically move on to a Bridging Visa A if your application is not decided before the ETA expiires.

Archived