Any body know about taking solid pine into OZ

Guest MarkandTrace

Guest MarkandTrace

Hi Trace here..

Does anybody know if we can take our lounge furniture ie Coffee Table TV Unit and Corner Unit Phone Table its solid pine ..but its been waxed in an Antique pine colour.Would this be ok.Anybody come up against this ?any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Hi,

All our bedroom furniture is custom made pine as is a unit in our dining room. We asked both Crown and Masons relocations if these pieces would be a problem and have been told no. They are the only pieces of furniture we wanted to take and we are happy knowing we can.

Felicity:wubclub:

Guest jonseywife
But I'm off to Melbourne so it's not too hot and steamy !!!!!

xxx

Well, I dont know what bit of Melbourne your going to Felicity, but its gonna be hot & steamy where im going!!!!!!!!! :D

Like Jo says.... it's a great excuse to buy loads of new stuff. Thats gotta be good... right ??????? :yes:

have told mark we are starting a new life and having new funiture!!! he said whatever makes me happy........awwwwwwwww, though i did ask while he was pouring over google earth tying to find Golf courses!:wink:

We're only taking the pine stuff because in our first house we never had bedroom furniture, it was all built in so we had great fun choosing our stuff to be custom made when we moved. The unit was also a personal thing (and pricy) but everything else is going to be sold or dumped.

Sal there may be elements of hot and steaminess he he he

We brought pine dresser, wash stand dressing table, two chest of drawers, monks bench and blanket box with no worries. The only slight pain was that customs unwrapped our monks bench and one of the chest of drawers, they stuck their blue tape dirct to the pine surfaces!! so when we received them and pulled the tape off it lifted the wax!!!! We have found someone to re wax them!!

Archived