driving ban

Guest heljef1

Hi all

Can anyone help me please.

My hubby was banned from driving in July for 18 month :arghh: and we are moving to adelaide in Jan/Feb next year - not sure what to do!!!

Should we inform the DVLA of our plans or move and not say anything - will he be able to apply for a new license when we get there. . . will they get in touch with the DVLA over here??????????????:unsure:

i know some of you will disagree with my thinking but i don't want to stay here another 18 months if i don't have to so please be kind with you answers....................

many thanks

Helen

Hi, We are from the leeds area originally too!

I dont believe they contact the DVLA as each state has its own rules and regulations to deal with so dont think they would have the time or the capacity to be chasing all the international licence details too!!

However, i would say that if the driving ban was drink/accident related and it involved a conviction in the UK (ie. if it was something that you had to declare on your visa application) then you should tell Adelaide as if they ever needed to check your visa info and it came up, you would be in a whole lot of trouble!!

Otherwise, if its not asked for on the forms etc. then its not asked for simple as that!!

Hi all

Can anyone help me please.

My hubby was banned from driving in July for 18 month :arghh: and we are moving to adelaide in Jan/Feb next year - not sure what to do!!!

Should we inform the DVLA of our plans or move and not say anything - will he be able to apply for a new license when we get there. . . will they get in touch with the DVLA over here??????????????:unsure:

i know some of you will disagree with my thinking but i don't want to stay here another 18 months if i don't have to so please be kind with you answers....................

many thanks

Helen

Archived