Guest Sarah & Dave

Motorbike Import Taxes

Guest Sarah & Dave

Please can anyone help or confirm what they paid in import tax, to take a Motorbike (SP2 Honda 1000), into Adelaide, we are having it shipped in a container with the rest of our goods, or would it be easier to sell the bike here and buy a new one in oz.

Any info much appreciated

Thanks

Sarah & Dave (Oliver 9 weeks old)

Please can anyone help or confirm what they paid in import tax, to take a Motorbike (SP2 Honda 1000), into Adelaide, we are having it shipped in a container with the rest of our goods, or would it be easier to sell the bike here and buy a new one in oz.

Any info much appreciated

Thanks

Sarah & Dave (Oliver 9 weeks old)

Hi Sarah and Dave

My OH also wants to take his beloved bike with us and although we have not yet looked at cost etc there are some useful sites to look at. i have just found a pdf file which might interest you as money is mentioned...on http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/importguidePrivOwnMV.pdf

hope that helps!!

min:wubclub:

3RD MARCH 2008....WE ARE HERE!!!!!

Hiya hubby and son sold theirs and bought again once here ,check out ebay Oz and the trading post on line for a guide to prices ,,

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest Fat Boy Fat

I've heard it's a pain in the ar*e. Once you have got it passed customs then you have to have it checked before you can register it, and again I've heard they don't think they are doing their jobs unless they find a fault.

There are bike dealers all over Adelaide and it would give you the chance to buy a better bike...... like a Harley

Guest samsteve

a harley you must be joking!!!

Glad l spotted this post. My dad in law wants us to put one of his vintage bikes in our container for him to use when out there visiting us. Will get him to check everything out proper beforehand as we wouldnt have a clue how to sort any problems when out there :no:

Lyn