Dark and Light Nights

Guest r17ych

Is it the same as here in the UK where, in summertime the sun sets later than winter time, giving you lighter nights?

Thanks for any replies. :wubclub:

Love,

Raych x

Guest flipflop
Is it the same as here in the UK where, in summertime the sun sets later than winter time, giving you lighter nights?

Thanks for any replies. :wubclub:

Love,

Raych x

Unfortunantly it gets dark around 8 or earlier in Perth

Unfortunantly it gets dark around 8 or earlier in Perth
Is that all year round? We are going to Brisbane, is it different there?

Love

Raych x

Dark around 5 in winter and no later than 7 in summer in Qld (SE Qld). Most pubs and eateries will be shut by 9pm and most folks will be tucked up in bed by then :eek:

It does get light much, much earlier though. Not having daylight savings is something I really miss!

I believe there is a bit of a campaign going because NSW has daylight savings and a lot of people from NSW work on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane, especially tradies and it gets very very confusing :swoon: Lots of businesses swearing about it too so we live in hope!

Lyn

its dark at 4 in the winter and about 7 in the summer and every ones in bed by 9 at the latest

Viva Bris vegas:biglaugh:

I made your day with that question Aldo didn't I? :biglaugh:

You do make me laugh!

Love

Raych x

Sorry Raych

It gets dark really early here.....and by 4am in the summer the world is awake and the birds shout at you! We don't have daylight saving in Qld.....all to do with the cows!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Thanks for that Rudi, guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Love

Raych xxx

i thought the one thing i would miss is the light evening.But so far i have not missed them.

I'm sure I will cope too! Thanks for your reply.

Love

Raych x

Dark around 5 in winter and no later than 7 in summer in Qld (SE Qld). Most pubs and eateries will be shut by 9pm and most folks will be tucked up in bed by then :eek:

It does get light much, much earlier though. Not having daylight savings is something I really miss!

I believe there is a bit of a campaign going because NSW has daylight savings and a lot of people from NSW work on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane, especially tradies and it gets very very confusing :swoon: Lots of businesses swearing about it too so we live in hope!

Lyn

Thanks Lyn.

Love

Raych x

Sorry Raych

It gets dark really early here.....and by 4am in the summer the world is awake and the birds shout at you! We don't have daylight saving in Qld.....all to do with the cows!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Dont forget fading curtains:biglaugh:

We find it very strange that we can be sat out in mid summer at 7pm, sweating our backsides off and it's pitch black! I always associate warm/hot summer evenings with bright sunshine. Not in SE QLD!

Still, can't complain. Coming from north west England, we couldn't sit out many evenings in the summer cos of the rain and cold. Hey ho, rough with the smooth. I know I'm happy here and I can put up with the dark nights. I still go to bed between 11 and 12 and wake around 5, so the same as I did in England. Some things never change!!

Been in the UK 5 years and I love you long summer nights, was outside a pub till 11 one night and it was quite light....:err:

That really is lovely when the weather is nice, I am in my element when its a beautiful warm sunny night and light till late. I will gladly forsake that though for guaranteed sunny days! So pleased you are enjoying our country and I will repay the compliment and enjoy yours when I get there.

Love,

Raych x

Guest flipflop
That really is lovely when the weather is nice, I am in my element when its a beautiful warm sunny night and light till late. I will gladly forsake that though for guaranteed sunny days! So pleased you are enjoying our country and I will repay the compliment and enjoy yours when I get there.

Love,

Raych x

Go enjoy and dsont forgry to slip slop slap every trip:cool:

Been in the UK 5 years and I love you long summer nights, was outside a pub till 11 one night and it was quite light....:err:

So you missed the day light saving in WA then ... shame it got voted out, it did stay light a lot longer in the evenings

Guest flipflop
So you missed the day light saving in WA then ... shame it got voted out, it did stay light a lot longer in the evenings

how could people vote that out I heard 70% of under 30s voted to have the extra hour of sunlight.

how could people vote that out I heard 70% of under 30s voted to have the extra hour of sunlight.

read my post coastal ,eg city and coastal voted yes errrrr country dinosaurs and brendan grylss and hith mateth voted no ,more dinosaurs her than the living Earls

Guest Working to fish

Yes for an ozzie that is late.:cute:

Archived