You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Claire and Simon

ACS Skills Assessment application- completed at last!

Guest Claire and Simon

Hi All

We have, at last, completed and posted our ACS Assessment application, hooray!

Feels like it has taken forever to complete, as OH does not have a degree, we are applying for an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) assessment. We have had to produce project reports, references from all prior jobs, copies of exam certificates, other IT certificates for courses completed etc etc.........the list seemed to be endless

I understand it takes 8-10 weeks for a reply, is anyone else waiting at the moment?

Although this is only the 1st part of the puzzle, it still feels really good as we have now taken our first step to a new life in OZ! Fingers crossed! :jiggy:

Guest eurosyl

Well done, I hope you get the positive result letter soonest.

It took about 8 weeks for my assessment (but that was some time ago, they requested more information and I had to wait even longer for my result as the result letter got lost between Oz and NL). I hope all goes in your favour tho.

Cheers,

Sylvia

Best of luck!

17/02/09 ACS RPL 2231-79 (Network Security) ¦ 02/05/09 ACS Result ¦ 08/05/09 175 Visa Application(Online) ¦ 29/09/09 Case Officer ¦ 09/10/09 Meds Done¦ 12/09/09 PCC’s Sent ¦ 27/10/09 Meds Finalised ¦ 09/11/09 Visa Granted!

Guest DreamingOfOz

Hi Claire & Simon,

We submitted our application to ACS, it will be 4 weeks tomorrow. Our application status is 'in progress' and we having everything crossed as this is the most vital stage in whether they say 'yes' or 'no'. I check the status each day knowing that it won't have changed but having to check all the same!! It's nerve racking!!! We spent about 3 months preparing the RPL, by the end of it, it was a relief to send it off to get my weekends back!

Good luck, keep us updated on you progress. What ASCO code are you applying for by the way?

Hi Guys,

Just a bit of info for you. My online status never changed. A air mail letter just turned up on my door step around 12 weeks later.

17/02/09 ACS RPL 2231-79 (Network Security) ¦ 02/05/09 ACS Result ¦ 08/05/09 175 Visa Application(Online) ¦ 29/09/09 Case Officer ¦ 09/10/09 Meds Done¦ 12/09/09 PCC’s Sent ¦ 27/10/09 Meds Finalised ¦ 09/11/09 Visa Granted!

Guest Claire and Simon

Hi DreamingofOz

We're applying under ASCO 2231-79 Computer Professional NEC (not elsewhere classified), hoping to get SS 176 visa for Perth, how about you?

I know what you mean, it's hard not to think about it and keep wanting to have a look to see where things are up to, it is like you say a vital stage and we just want to know that we have a positive result.

Our agents are asking us to send them our police checks now though, so they must be quite confident

Good luck to you too, fingers crossed for us all

Guest DreamingOfOz

Hi ClaireandSimon,

Snap! We're also applying under ASCO 2231-79 Computer Professional NEC (not elsewhere classified), I'm a Computer Tester I haven't heard of any computer testers passing ACS so it's a bit nerve wracking. We're also looking to apply for SS from WA and looking to locate in the Perth area. We didn't use an agent in the end. We did debate it after extensive research, but each agent I went too either said that I wouldn't qualify for ACS or they didn't understand my job role, I thought I was the best person to know my job. I had my husband read through the documents and he questioned me where I was using jargon or wasn't explainng what I had learnt. Lets just hope that we both get a positive response!

Good luck, fingers crossed

Guest juliemtaylor

good luck with the ACS assessment.

Julie x

Guest Claire and Simon

Hi DreamingOfOz

I have just noticed that you have got your positive skills assessment and lodged your WA SS, congratulations!

We are still waiting for ACS, it's been 10 weeks now so we should hopefully hear something soon. It would be good to get our WA SS in before Christmas.

We are a bit worried about how long it will actually take us to get to Oz though, especially when there is a lot of talk about 2012............don't want to wait that long!!

Good luck with your SS x

Guest DreamingOfOz

Hi Claire and Simon,

Thank you!!! Yes finally we heard and were so elated that it was positive!. We submitted ours to ACS on the 24th August so you should be hearing soon. The status on the ACS website changed to with Assessor then about 4 days later we received the letter. A pretty quick turnaround as we didn't go through an Agent, so it came direct to our home address in the UK. We are in no rush to get the 176 visa, so if it take until 2012 it gives us a bit more time to spend with family and to save the pennies!

Keep us updated with your progress, we have also added ouselves to the WA SS where are you now thread - it looks like approx a 4 month wait there too!

Good luck and fingers crossed you should hear sometime next week!!