Guest MarkandTrace

Electric kettels ect

Guest MarkandTrace

Hi

Is it ok to take our kettles toasters ect to oz?

And do we need plug adaptors for all our items or can we just plug ours straight into the mains...silly question :wacko:

any info would be great.

Trace

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Trace,

Not a silly question at all! I had to check it in my oz bible (living and working in Oz)! Electrical items such as kettles etc will work over there, but you will need to wither have an adaptor or fit new plugs.

My main concern was my new hoover and washing machine, now I know they will be ok I'm happy to go!!:P

Lou

Hi, we brought a new kettle here in oz as it wasnt worth bringing, re hoover wash machine etc we just changed the plugs, you can change the plugs on most things when you get here the only thing we coudnt was our mobile chargers

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

We brought kettle, toaster and microwave just changed the plugs - really cheap at bunnings.

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Just buy plug converters thats we are going to do, less hassle lol :wub:

Lynne :jiggy:

lynne

we done that to start with but some of the plug converters are wobbly in the sockets here as the socks can take 3 pins and some converters are 2 pins only

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

Guest caroline
Hi Trace,

Not a silly question at all! I had to check it in my oz bible (living and working in Oz)! Electrical items such as kettles etc will work over there, but you will need to wither have an adaptor or fit new plugs.

My main concern was my new hoover and washing machine, now I know they will be ok I'm happy to go!!:P

Lou

Hi Lou,

Just a word of advice if you're taking your hoover, it needs to be immaculately clean when shipping, i.e remove bag and clean out all dust etc, or customs and immegration will have a field day, will decide to look over the whole of your shipment with a fine tooth comb and probably charge you for cleaning your whole shipment!! It takes long enough for customs to release your stuff, you don't want to make their exciting lives any harder!

Good luck!

Caroline