Urgent application queries - please help!!!

Guest Niknsteve

Guest Niknsteve

Hi All

We are currently completing our immigration application ourselves (mad i know but we have very limited funds and can't afford an immigration agent for this bit) we have had my partners skills assessment for a Carpenter & Joiner done and it has come back confirmed.

I need help with a few bits and was crossing my fingers that someone might be able to point me in the right direction!!

According to the paperwork I need to prove my dependency on my partner (we are getting married Jan 06), i only work 1 hour 15 minutes per night as i look after our 1 year old son full time. We live with my parents (money saving reasons) and my partner pays them money each week towards rent, council tax, gas, electricity and water, he also gives me money each week for our food, baby stuff and personal effects so i am totally reliant on him - I can get a letter from my parents confirming he pays for everything on behalf of the family - would this be enough or does anyone know what else we would need to provide???

Also on the 47A form that needs to ne completed by all dependants over 18, I need to quote my partners file number, where do i get this from? We have a TRA reference number do i use that or do we leave it blank?

Last question (i promise) how do i put the application form together? I know it clearly states that you must use a folder or binder, should we staple or pin the extra pages to the relevent parts of the application form? Also we are sending dated pictures of us from the last 4 years or so, should i just send them in an envelpoe along with the application??

Please forgive me that this is so long -i hope someone out there can help - this is driving me mad and we are desperate to get this sent off before xmas.

Yours hopefully

Nikki

Guest BrerRabbit

:? Hi Nikki - hope I can help out with some of your queries......

On the dependency issue, I think you'll need something more than a letter from your folks - someone more independant who knows the situation you live in and who could give a statutory declaration to explain the details - this is a statement of truth 'declared' in front of a solicitor. It needs to be made in a certain format so you might want to ask oa solicitor to help out for that. Something from your parents to confirm the situation will be needed aswell I would think.

On the 47SK - you don't have a file number yet - that's given to you a few weeks after it's arrived at DIMIA in Adelaide. It's not the TRA number you put on this form.

We put our application and all documents in an A4 ring binder, no plastic wallets, but we used coloured dividers to split all the different documents up and indexed them on the front page for easy reference. I think this is how DIMIA like to see it done.(!?)

We put the photgraphs in an envelope and hole-punched this into the ringbinder.

So far so good - DIMIA haven't complained! Just had our request for police certificates, already done the medicals, so fingers crossed we'll be there soon...

If you need any more help, just let me know, I'll try my best!

Cheers, Zoe

:D

Guest Niknsteve

Hi Zoe

Thanks so much you are an absolute star!!! Thats a great help - and seen as you are at the police clearance stage i will take you as an expert!!!!!!

We are in Harlow, not far from Chelmsford, and can't wait to get out of here!

Where abouts in Oz are you heading? We are hoping to go to Perth.

Cheers Nikki :D

Guest BrerRabbit

:lol: Hi Nicki, nice to hear I was some help! good luck with your application! We're heading for Sydney, got some family and friends there so amkes sense for a starting point.

8) Zoe

Archived