DIsability Care Worker Jobs

Guest Rosco

Hi All Disability Care Workers

I work for an agency that has the NSW government contract to provide disability care staff to community group homes and residential centres. They also provide agency staff to most of the NGO disability charities. So I get as much work as I want.

It is great to have a variety of work locations - and being an agency you set your own availability for work to fit around other activities. They pay a bit more than other agencies also.

They say they need many more experienced disability care workers and they welcome people on Working Holiday Visas. You need to have a First Aid Certificate, Drivers License and three years previous experience.

They have a web site at www.GlobalAdvantage.org

Their free phone number is 1800 009 292

If a working holiday staff member works out OK and has worked exclusively for them - they can offer 457 visa sponsorship as they are approved by the commonwealth government. They also help with employer nomination residency applications for disability care workers who have been sponsored by them for a few years.

The owner is an Irish nurse and the General Manager is an English nurse and they have offices in Sydney (at Strathfield near the station), Newcastle (for the Central Coast and Newcastle) and Melbourne.

Cheers

Rosco

• 2 months later...

HI ROSCO,

I'm wanting to move to Australia asap. I am 41yrs old, (so been told I wil struggle to get a working holiday visa). However, your thread is very interesting. I have working supporting adults with learning disabilities for 12 years, in the community, and worked with challenging looked after teenagers for the last 6 years. The only qualifications I have are NVQ 3 and I am a qualifed Assessor (in children in care and learning disability focus). I am currently working towards my Diploma in social work. Do you think it would be worth sending my CV? (I need sponsorship, but am willing to pay the costs of this). Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Sian hl

Hi, im just wondering how you have got on? I have alot of Mental Health experience but no qualifications and am looking to move to Perth and am 38 years old.

Sian

• 4 years later...

hi....it very nice and pleasure to hear that .....my husband is moving in wa with me and we both are searching a disability related job.....we have experiences to work with all kind of physically disabled people......so i think it will help us very much......thank u.......

Archived