My main worry for the UK ( & Oz in the long term)

bunbury61

Why do you Brits always knock your own Country I have lived here for 5 years and find it a great Country (not quite as good as my homeland) but it is a good place to live.

There are good points to Britain like good curry's, good real ale, Football. Maybe I've lived here too long and need the change.

I guess for some it is always better on the other side but personally I do have good reason to hate where I am living and the weather is a major factor with me I'm afraid.

There's more reason for me to leave than to stay.... if I could ever get that Visa/Job to leave that is. I really could do with the change. Only then maybe I will obtain some level of appreciation of my own homeland. Until then? :wacko:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flipflop
It's not just the weather that's crap in the north,how about the lower wages,increased taxes that we have to pay to fund the London Olympics(Don't forget 'the olympics will benefit the entire country')Ha.Brisbane here we come.

We went mental when we had the olympics in Australia, everyone from all over the Country were over the moon......you guys really are something :frown: get behind your country and support it..whats all this doom and gloom about? think I will leave this forum after just joining....so much misery.

We went mental when we had the olympics in Australia, everyone from all over the Country were over the moon......you guys really are something :frown: get behind your country and support it..whats all this doom and gloom about? think I will leave this forum after just joining....so much misery.

You can't go.... you're the only propper aussie we got apart from Geoffrey and he bases his knowledge on everywhere outside australia on Blackburn!! We do have plenty of waussies but.:biglaugh:

Guest wayniexagt
just the start my arse does nobody remember bradford and oldham a few years ago

just the start for birmingham mate . should be fun

Flipflop,you may be depressed by the posts,but try living in the north ,you too would be glad of a chance to escape the small time local council members et al who seem to think that because somebody has voted them into what they deem to be a position of power,they can forego all of their elective responsibilities and instead concerntrate on their own personal enrichment at the cost of everyone else,irrespective of what their race/nationality.

This may very well go on in the south of the country,but,I can only comment as a middle northern man who is fed up of working all of the hours under the sun and paying through the nose in council tax,business tax,income tax and every other tax going and never being able to take anything out of the system.(I even do my own recycling because the collectors won't cross onto my drive to collect my bins)and all for my £1800 a year council tax.

Guest flipflop
Flipflop,you may be depressed by the posts,but try living in the north ,you too would be glad of a chance to escape the small time local council members et al who seem to think that because somebody has voted them into what they deem to be a position of power,they can forego all of their elective responsibilities and instead concerntrate on their own personal enrichment at the cost of everyone else,irrespective of what their race/nationality.

This may very well go on in the south of the country,but,I can only comment as a middle northern man who is fed up of working all of the hours under the sun and paying through the nose in council tax,business tax,income tax and every other tax going and never being able to take anything out of the system.(I even do my own recycling because the collectors won't cross onto my drive to collect my bins)and all for my £1800 a year council tax.

Richsalt mate, don't you think we have all that crap In Australia, it is the same in both Countries and I could tell you the **** that happens in Oz also, but you all seem so negative and I reallycannot understand it...have you noticed that Aussies in the UK always seem happy? its because we love your Country mate.:jiggy:

Sorry don’t buy it…..

The problems caused are by a minority not majority; I take it the majority of Muslims fit well into UK society work hard pay taxes etc, etc, etc.

Then why don’t the majority stand up and be counted by showing they disapprove of the extremist’s actions? For the same reasons British people don’t do anything about the skin heads BNP etc. In the privacy of our own homes we are quiet happy to have an opinion on the rights and wrongs of life but when it comes to picking up a placard we all find our reasons not too!

The same laws you whinge about give you the rights you have today. If you can see Brittan changing and you’re not happy start up web sites get involved in politics do your bit to make a change……… oh that’s it you’ll be branded a racist! We can’t have that can we? You talk about Asian’s using the racist card you’re using it to sit on your arse and do nothing…..

Look at how many of you Brits whinge about Australia and complain about stupid things such as weetabix! Why do you whinge? Because it’s not the same as home! You’re lucky you are moving to a Commonwealth country what is based on the British systems so you can just slot right in but you still want change! The history is crap, sausages are crap, it rain’s to much, it’s to hot gee I could go on and on about everything people are not happy with

But you expect people from other countries coming to Britain not to want to bring their culture etc.

I would think people who are either in Australia, wanting to move to Australia, or found Australia not for them to have more respect for migrants entering Britain and realizing just how hard it is to make the move.

What ever the reasons people have to want to make the move to the UK you can’t blame them for wanting a better life, if someone offers you free housing, free NHS, money etc are you going to turn it down? The anger you have should not be directed at these people but the people who make the rules and have put these plans in place.

I don't think moaning about lack of weetabix, sausages, heat and history tantamounts to wanting to change culture, whereas demanding to wear traditional muslim dress in a British school, for example, where all other pupils are required to wear school uniform or face expulsion, could be seen as exactly that. Britain is multi cultural and slowly but surely the majority of people live in harmony and respect one another but you will always have idiots who take an extreme hand.

Richsalt mate, don't you think we have all that crap In Australia, it is the same in both Countries and I could tell you the **** that happens in Oz also, but you all seem so negative and I reallycannot understand it...have you noticed that Aussies in the UK always seem happy? its because we love your Country mate.:jiggy:

Yeah agreed ...iam a pom .....love the UK with a passion ( loved Oz as well )

Your right it may be a case of same old s**t,different bucket but, as you,yourself have said'Have you noticed how much Aussies love your country'Yes I have noticed, but then again they and you included have experienced both sides of the coin,where as I and many others haven't and I am sure that given time in a new country where my family and I will be the 'foreigners' we will come to appreciate the difficulties that are endured by the nationals of that country whether they be native or immigrant(Legal or otherwise):)

I don't think moaning about lack of weetabix, sausages, heat and history tantamounts to wanting to change culture, whereas demanding to wear traditional muslim dress in a British school, for example, where all other pupils are required to wear school uniform or face expulsion, could be seen as exactly that. Britain is multi cultural and slowly but surely the majority of people live in harmony and respect one another but you will always have idiots who take an extreme hand.

No because its British culture tweeked!!!!

Look at Spain and other places the British like to visit, all that history, culture etc and what do you see BRITISH PUBS, FULL ENGLISH, ENGLISH MEALS ETC, ETC, ETC............ You don't see this because it's normal to you....... The British public expect people to speak English even when it's not their native tongue....... I could go on

If you want people to respect your country

1/ Show respect to your own country. How can you expect someone to treat your country with respect if your happy to run it down, throw litter out your window etc.

2/ Respect other peoples culture, religion, beliefs etc and they will do the same in return.

Look at Spain and other places the British like to visit, all that history, culture etc and what do you see BRITISH PUBS, FULL ENGLISH, ENGLISH MEALS ETC, ETC, ETC............ You don't see this because it's normal to you....... The British public expect people to speak English even when it's not their native tongue....... I could go on

1/ Show respect to your own country. How can you expect someone to treat your country with respect if your happy to run it down, throw litter out your window etc.

2/ Respect other peoples culture, religion, beliefs etc and they will do the same in return.

I feel there is more to respecting your country than not throwing litter out the window, again minority v majority.

Like I said in my earlier post UK is multi cultural and on the whole other peoples culture, religion and beliefs are respected. You seem very passionate in pointing out all our downfalls, I wonder why you have chosen to live amongst us, you must despair on a daily basis.

I hope one day you find peace of mind and acceptance of all our misgivings.:err:

Kind Regards:skeptical:

Was trying to avoid this thread like the plague.....that it is.:skeptical:

But.....

I get what you are saying Geoff, absolutely agree, apart from point 2/ Bit utopian to be honest.

As for the rest, dont like it? Do something about it, start a political party, start a petition, join the army if you feel that strongly....hey you might even try to vote even!

But coming on a site that deals with people who want to emmigrate and bemoaning immigrants is pretty futile.

'Nough said...night:cool:

I feel there is more to respecting your country than not throwing litter out the window, again minority v majority.

Like I said in my earlier post UK is multi cultural and on the whole other peoples culture, religion and beliefs are respected. You seem very passionate in pointing out all our downfalls, I wonder why you have chosen to live amongst us, you must despair on a daily basis.

I hope one day you find peace of mind and acceptance of all our misgivings.:err:

Kind Regards:skeptical:

Live amongst us????? Strange wording! Chosen, stumbled, situation, life experience what even word you want.

Your talking about others wanting to change British culture,all I'm doing is pointing out that the British are doing the same but you just don't realise it.

The Aussie's do the same look at all the walkabout bars dotted about the UK, I'm sure the same things happen in Bali with the Aussies as well (not been to Bali but have the t-shirt). The only differece is most British see them as a fun themed gimmic rather than a plan of world domination.........

We all want a piece of home with us what's wrong with that?

Your right there is more to respecting your country than throwing trash out your window, but you don't need to go to far to hear people run down Britain and if they don't have respect for it why should i as a visitor?

Was trying to avoid this thread like the plague.....that it is.

But.....

I get what you are saying Geoff, absolutely agree, apart from point 2/ Bit utopian to be honest.

As for the rest, dont like it? Do something about it, start a political party, start a petition, join the army if you feel that strongly....hey you might even try to vote even!

But coming on a site that deals with people who want to emmigrate and bemoaning immigrants is pretty futile.

'Nough said...night:cool:

Ok fair point

what about changing it to just "respecting other people" :hug:

It's hard to hate someone you like

Ok fair point

what about changing it to just "respecting other people" :hug:

It's hard to hate someone you like

Its easier to hate anyone you dont know....much harder to like someone you dont understand.

Prefer to give everyone a chance...then decide if you respect them or not. And thats as individuals not groups or whatever.

I understand what you’re referring to Geoff and agree about going to Costa del Sol and Costa Brava hoping to see England but with warmer weather but I’ve always understood those who go to Spain or wherever expecting to see all that to be ignorant and in fact pretty dumb and stupid. There’s obviously a market for it hence the reasons why there are so many places like that not only in Spain but throughout Europe. Personally, when I travel anywhere I immerse myself in the local culture and get involved and see as much as I can about the country I’m visiting trying to communicate in their local language. But it’s not just a matter of England abroad. There are loads of places and people in the UK who expect it to turn into a part of their homeland.

I agree with point 1 but regarding point 2, I think the UK sometimes over respects other peoples cultures, religions and beliefs and it often gets taken for granted. I sometimes felt a sense of “don’t rock the boat” in Britain. I once lived in a large Muslim community in East London and the majority of people I lived with showed the respect to me that you mention in point 2 but for the minority who didn’t made me feel like a second class citizen. I was told a couple of times “how dare I come into this area if I wasn’t a Muslim”. Firstly, they had no right to tell me that, secondly, this is England not a middle east county, and thirdly, how are some people expected to respect other people cultures, religions and beliefs if that is what they are told. I also remember being in central London one day and they had a march through London with crowds shouting “UK, UK you will pay”. The police were told not to get involved even though people in the march were preaching hatred towards the UK. We’re talking hatred towards a home country regardless of immigration status or birth status not the missing or reminiscing of ways of life.

Only this morning I saw on the news about the 3 would-be plane bombers who have been found guilty in the UK. There certainly didn’t seem to be any respect shown by them towards their home and other peoples beliefs.

There has to be mutual respect on every side and we have to be tolerant of difference, however difference does not mean the oppression of women forced arranged marriages etc which are against the law anyway.

I think most muslim people, christian, catholic in Ireland, Prodistants in Ireland (and other residents of other countries, placs with sectarian violence, racial hatred) do not condone it at all however for some reason that word comes in again 'MINORITY RULES".

In my view Minority should be banned its a very scary word with potential to cause great unrest to the majority.

Some English speaking people (inc aussies americans ect...) do expect people in NON English speaking countries (i think thats what you meant:cute:)Most (not all) of these are holiday makers who don't find it necessary to learn a language for a 2 week holiday. On the subject of languages, i once pulled into a petrol garage to see about 30 illeagal immigrants crawling out the back of a lorry and they had made the effort to learn English (good for them) they had learned what all illeagal immigrants learn "Social Security?".

Re: British pubs. You bring this up quite a bit so what the problem with British pubs? Do you have the same issues with Chinese restaurants, Indian, thai?, where i am we have Skandi resturants, a German Imbiss, as well.. English pub culture is known all over the world that is why you see them all over the world. Are Irish pubs ok with you?

Full English breakfasts also.

I hope more English pubs open all over the world, it'll make up for the ones being turned into Mosques in the UK.

If you come to Spain and all you see is British culture then you need to get out more. You are welcome to take a look at my gallery and see what I have withing 10 minutes of my house.

1.You will see littering everywhere, the problem with the UK is the sheer volume of people (see above) more people means more litter and more pressure on our services.

2. You mean like the Australians and the Abo's? If you mean the UK well the UK has bent over backwards to accommodate alien cultures and religions. Respect is a 2 way street.

Some English speaking people (inc aussies americans ect...) do expect people in NON English speaking countries (i think thats what you meant:cute:)Most (not all) of these are holiday makers who don't find it necessary to learn a language for a 2 week holiday. On the subject of languages, i once pulled into a petrol garage to see about 30 illeagal immigrants crawling out the back of a lorry and they had made the effort to learn English (good for them) they had learned what all illeagal immigrants learn "Social Security?".

Re: British pubs. You bring this up quite a bit so what the problem with British pubs? Do you have the same issues with Chinese restaurants, Indian, thai?, where i am we have Skandi resturants, a German Imbiss, as well.. English pub culture is known all over the world that is why you see them all over the world. Are Irish pubs ok with you?

I hope more English pubs open all over the world, it'll make up for the ones being turned into Mosques in the UK.

If you come to Spain and all you see is British culture then you need to get out more. You are welcome to take a look at my gallery and see what I have withing 10 minutes of my house.

1.You will see littering everywhere, the problem with the UK is the sheer volume of people (see above) more people means more litter and more pressure on our services.

2. You mean like the Australians and the Abo's? If you mean the UK well the UK has bent over backwards to accommodate alien cultures and religions. Respect is a 2 way street.

Well said, now why couldn't I have said that! :notworthy:

There is nothing wrong with English pubs nor Australian bars etc just making a point that people like to have that bit of home with them whether that be for 2 weeks or a life time. To some its a mosque while others it's pubs.

As for your comments about pubs being turned into mosques..... Maybe you should speak to the breweries as when they close the pubs part of the sale is that you can not re open it back up as a pub. So what are you going to do with a building that was located on that site to serve beer?

What we are seeing at the minute is loads of buildings boarded up with advertising posters or graffiti Not a good site, estates where there are a few pubs boarded up looking like this are not a nice site.

Your right English speaking countries do expect people to speak in English have signs in English etc (not everyone) but when you see signs in your own country (whether that be the UK Australia America etc) in Chinese, Arabic etc there is a big stink saying they are trying to take over the world! This is an English speaking country and they should learn to read and write English etc!!!!

illeagal immigrants can you really blame them for wanting a better life? Is that not what people on this site are looking for? The people you should be angry at are the government.

Your taking it like I'm British bashing which I'm not. The thread is about the UK is it not?

If people are tought to throw there rubbish into a bin rather than where they stand it wouldn't matter how many people lived in a country would it?

I once lived in a large Muslim community in East London and the majority of people I lived with showed the respect to me that you mention in point 2 but for the minority who didn’t made me feel like a second class citizen. I was told a couple of times “how dare I come into this area if I wasn’t a Muslim”. Firstly, they had no right to tell me that, secondly, this is England not a middle east county, and thirdly, how are some people expected to respect other people cultures, religions and beliefs if that is what they are told. I also remember being in central London one day and they had a march through London with crowds shouting “UK, UK you will pay”. The police were told not to get involved even though people in the march were preaching hatred towards the UK. We’re talking hatred towards a home country regardless of immigration status or birth status not the missing or reminiscing of ways of life.

Only this morning I saw on the news about the 3 would-be plane bombers who have been found guilty in the UK. There certainly didn’t seem to be any respect shown by them towards their home and other peoples beliefs.

I live in Blackburn and it also has a large Muslim community, when i first moved into our house my next door neighbour (English) told me not to speak to the Asians as they were rude and stuck to there own kind! Where we 1st lived I would say it was 90% Asian. Over time i knew most of the Asian families they always looked after the house when we were away brought us food to try etc, never not felt safe, the hardest families to get to know where the English families.......

The only reason we moved from that house was it had rats in the house (the next door neighbour blamed the Asains) it turns out it was a house 5 doors down with broken pipes (English person!!!!) LOL blew my neigbours ideas out the water.

When we went looking at new houses I remember hearing a little kid of about 4 yelling out "NO PAKKI'S AROUND HERE MATE!!!" The house we live in know had an Asian family living in it that got ran out of the estate and people are proud of that!! So it does happen in reverse

1. There is nothing wrong with English pubs nor Australian bars etc just making a point that people like to have that bit of home with them whether that be for 2 weeks or a life time. To some its a mosque while others it's pubs.

2. As for your comments about pubs being turned into mosques..... Maybe you should speak to the breweries as when they close the pubs part of the sale is that you can not re open it back up as a pub. So what are you going to do with a building that was located on that site to serve beer?

3. What we are seeing at the minute is loads of buildings boarded up with advertising posters or graffiti Not a good site, estates where there are a few pubs boarded up looking like this are not a nice site.

4. Your right English speaking countries do expect people to speak in English have signs in English etc (not everyone) but when you see signs in your own country (whether that be the UK Australia America etc) in Chinese, Arabic etc there is a big stink saying they are trying to take over the world! This is an English speaking country and they should learn to read and write English etc!!!!

5. illeagal immigrants can you really blame them for wanting a better life? Is that not what people on this site are looking for? The people you should be angry at are the government.

6. Your taking it like I'm British bashing which I'm not. The thread is about the UK is it not?

7. If people are tought to throw there rubbish into a bin rather than where they stand it wouldn't matter how many people lived in a country would it?

1. I find it weird that i'm explaining the difference between pubs a mosques to a grown up but here is just 1: Pubs are open to all.

2. So what are you going to do with a building that was located on that site to serve beer?
    Turn it into a mosque obviously...

3. see 2

4. Some English speaking PEOPLE expect everything in English and a lot of countries oblige for reasons including: consumerism, business/trade, tourism, colonial links and I think thats fair enough and find nothing wrong with reciprocating but the amount of resources that the UK wastes on info translating welfare claim forms, NHS paraphernalia and such like is a disgrace.

5. Then make a better life, don't think you deserve it handed on a plate just because you sat in the back of a truck for 8 hours p!ssing in a plastic bottle.

6. Not at all Geoffrey, you go for it..

7. Its a bit deeper than that Geoffrey :hug:

You don't drink alcohol do you Geoffrey>? Hang on........

1. I find it weird that i'm explaining the difference between pubs a mosques to a grown up but here is just 1: Pubs are open to all.

2. Turn it into a mosque obviously...

3. see 2

4. Some English speaking PEOPLE expect everything in English and a lot of countries oblige for reasons including: consumerism, business/trade, tourism, colonial links and I think thats fair enough and find nothing wrong with reciprocating but the amount of resources that the UK wastes on info translating welfare claim forms, NHS paraphernalia and such like is a disgrace.

5. Then make a better life, don't think you deserve it handed on a plate just because you sat in the back of a truck for 8 hours p!ssing in a plastic bottle.

6. Not at all Geoffrey, you go for it..

7. Its a bit deeper than that Geoffrey :hug:

You don't drink alcohol do you Geoffrey>? Hang on........

I wish you would learn to read Aldo

1/ I never said pubs and mosques are the same.

It's all about the individual and what they need to make them feel at home! To some it's a pub, while others a mosque and to some its a simple box of weetabix!

I'm sure to some people living next to pub playing loud music having drunks pissing in their yard yelling swearing fighting etc etc etc I'm sure they would rather have a mosque next door than the pub! But each to their own.

Why are you affraid of mosques aldo?

2/ I really don't think a pub is big enough to be converted into a mosque or are you on about the land the pub sits on?

3/ See point 2

4/ Do you work for the B.N.P?

5/ Your missing the point aldo they should be stopped from getting in, in the 1st place! blame the government not the people, the key word is "ILLEGAL" Immigrant.

6/

7/ Your right but my point stands it's about teaching respect (thats from all sides)

8/ sorry don't understand what has drinking got to do with it or are you referring to point 1?

Archived