My main worry for the UK ( & Oz in the long term)

bunbury61

Yesterday it kicked off again in Birmingham city centre ., between the so called " English defence league " and anti fascists, with 90 arrests .

Police struggled to keep the two groups apart, bricks and bottles were thrown .

The english defence league ,are basically white football supporters demonstrating against Islamic extremism.

This is the 2nd time in a month , that there have been clashes.

I fear this open hostility will eventually spread to the major cities of Australia, as it did in Cronulla last year - www.sundaymercury.net

ps The media are trying to keep the lid on this by saying this is a fascist v anti fascist argument ......we all know its more straightforward than that.

These are the first open demonstrations against Islam.....any opinions

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Untill "moderate Islam" are prepared to speak out against the "hard core" I can't see the situation improving. The media and government also needs to grow a spine and speak out about the way (most) Muslims treat women, gays, infidels, apostates, sharia law,.....

That said, i've met lots of muslims that are gentile peace loving poeple but the the problem is (in my eyes) is the control this religion has over them.

Guest mikka711

Rant warning:

I find it difficult to see how it can improve in the UK in the near future, and - for me - one of the main reasons is that England as a nation doesn't seem to be allowed to celebrate its heritage to the full. Yes, we are a multi-cultural nation and that is to be celebrated.. (eg we swap gifts at Christmas and food at Eid with our Muslim next door neighbours as we get on great)...

But why oh why oh why oh why oh why do we keep ending up with "winterval/winterfest" up and down the country instead of Christmas? Why do have I had to read in my local paper that my local Red Cross shop took down their Christmas tree because somebody complained about it not representing their faith (Islam)???? Why can't our soldiers walk through their town for a coming home parade without there being vicious abuse directed at them???

And why oh why FFS have the BNP now got TWO SEATS IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT:realmad:

The answer is simple. The powers that be in England wasting too much time pandering to the PC brigade IMHO, and many many people feel their voices/concerns aren't heard. Why can't we celebrate England a bit more - have St Georges day as a national holiday? Why are people who fly the union flag or the St Georges Cross outside their house sometimes suspected of being racist? Maybe they just want to show a bit of national pride.

Of course you can get historical and talk about England's history of colonizing nations/war mongering etc - and true no country is perfect. I just think that there needs to be an honest balanced debate about reining in political correctness - otherwise I fear more BNP and the like will be voted in by a frustrated electorate and there could be more of what we saw in Birmingham at the weekend.

And before anyone starts with the accusations I am mixed-race (four nationalities) not racist, just sick of seeing PC turning England toxic:arghh:

Rant over.

Rant warning:

I find it difficult to see how it can improve in the UK in the near future, and - for me - one of the main reasons is that England as a nation doesn't seem to be allowed to celebrate its heritage to the full. Yes, we are a multi-cultural nation and that is to be celebrated.. (eg we swap gifts at Christmas and food at Eid with our Muslim next door neighbours as we get on great)...

But why oh why oh why oh why oh why do we keep ending up with "winterval/winterfest" up and down the country instead of Christmas? Why do have I had to read in my local paper that my local Red Cross shop took down their Christmas tree because somebody complained about it not representing their faith (Islam)???? Why can't our soldiers walk through their town for a coming home parade without there being vicious abuse directed at them???

And why oh why FFS have the BNP now got TWO SEATS IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT:realmad:

The answer is simple. The powers that be in England wasting too much time pandering to the PC brigade IMHO, and many many people feel their voices/concerns aren't heard. Why can't we celebrate England a bit more - have St Georges day as a national holiday? Why are people who fly the union flag or the St Georges Cross outside their house sometimes suspected of being racist? Maybe they just want to show a bit of national pride.

Of course you can get historical and talk about England's history of colonizing nations/war mongering etc - and true no country is perfect. I just think that there needs to be an honest balanced debate about reining in political correctness - otherwise I fear more BNP and the like will be voted in by a frustrated electorate and there could be more of what we saw in Birmingham at the weekend.

And before anyone starts with the accusations I am mixed-race (four nationalities) not racist, just sick of seeing PC turning England toxic:arghh:

Rant over.

Well said Mikka , my thoughts entirely.

I have black and asian mates ......but muslim extemists are a completely different kettle of fish .....they dont want to share the planet with GAYS, CHRISTIANS,SIKHS,HINDUS, WOMEN WITH A VOICE......they want the whole lot under Sharia law.....AND ITS COMING !...piece by piece...bit by bit ...little by little.....the battle is waged for the long term.

Well said Mikka , my thoughts entirely.

I have black and asian mates ......but muslim extemists are a completely different kettle of fish .....they dont want to share the planet with GAYS, CHRISTIANS,SIKHS,HINDUS, WOMEN WITH A VOICE......they want the whole lot under Sharia law.....AND ITS COMING !...piece by piece...bit by bit ...little by little.....the battle is waged for the long term.

homer-says-the-end-is-near.jpg

Untill "moderate Islam" are prepared to speak out against the "hard core" I can't see the situation improving. The media and government also needs to grow a spine and speak out about the way (most) Muslims treat women, gays, infidels, apostates, sharia law,.....

That said, i've met lots of muslims that are gentile peace loving poeple but the the problem is (in my eyes) is the control this religion has over them.

Good post Aldo, until the hardcore of this religion is broken nothing will change!:sad:

Joking aside Geoffrey , you dont have to look far,its staring you in the face in Blackburn

Don't have a problem with Asian's in Blackburn

The problem is they have dark skin and wear funny things on their face so I guess you could say they stand out, hard to fit in when you look different....... Thank goodness the Poll's wear socks with their sandles so they stick out as well.......

Maybe if we took the time to be a little more understanding we all might get along alot better

Tell you one thing though when the Muslims take up the Mormons philosophy on trying to convert i'll get my plackard's out and stand on the corner with you...... :biglaugh:

Guest flipflop
Rant warning:

And before anyone starts with the accusations I am mixed-race (four nationalities) not racist, just sick of seeing PC turning England toxic

Rant over.

Hi, my first post, I have lived in the UK for 4 years now and never heard it called winterval or winterfest:GEEK: it has only been calle Christmas in the London area where I live, what is "winterville"? the UK seems to have trouble with immagrants and I agrre that for such a small Country you cannot really let many more people in, I only got in as I married and English lady even though I had English parents but I was born in Oz, you would not believe the problems we went through t get in to the UK.

LOL, can you see the Aussies going PC?!! They still call some races wogs over here and it's an accepted part of the language!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Yeah , that sounds like the UK , 30 YEARS AGO.....its gone beyond a bit of name calling now....Its now down to open hostility in some areas of the UK.

Oz has to be really careful about its immigration policy.

Rural parts of Oz will remain unaffected , but i can see major issues for Sydney and Melbourne.

It all relates to "turf" -and who runs it .

As well as white on muslim trouble , we have also had trouble in Handsworth ,Birmingham between the West Indian community and the muslims,which led to 2 deaths.......not good.

Guest jogrant3232
Yesterday it kicked off again in Birmingham city centre ., between the so called " English defence league " and anti fascists, with 90 arrests .

The english defence league ,are basically white football supporters demonstrating against Islamic extremism.

I fear this open hostility will eventually spread to the major cities of Australia, as it did in Cronulla last year - www.sundaymercury.net

ps The media are trying to keep the lid on this by saying this is a fascist v anti fascist argument ......we all know its more straightforward than that.

I spoke to a friend of mine on Skype on Saturday morning (UK Time) before this hapened and he told me about the march and the what was about to happen and why and how as England were playing that night there would be a lot of support for the EDL, i do know what and who this was about but what i dont know is how this by any stretch of the imagination this can be linked or have any bearings to Australia

I spoke to a friend of mine on Skype on Saturday morning (UK Time) before this hapened and he told me about the march and the what was about to happen and why and how as England were playing that night there would be a lot of support for the EDL, i do know what and who this was about but what i dont know is how this by any stretch of the imagination this can be linked or have any bearings to Australia

Clue1: Muslims

Clue2: Non Muslims

LOL, can you see the Aussies going PC?!! They still call some races wogs over here and it's an accepted part of the language!!!

Love

Rudi

x

I think "it's an accepted part of the language" could be a bit misleading. PC people like me and many others never use it.

It has been made more acceptable because Italians, Greeks etc embraced the word themselves back in the 80's/90's in tv shows and took the sting out of the word. It is now common for Greeks/Italians to refer to themselves like that and anglo friends are allowed to join in if said in the right spirit. Rather than being 30 years behind and pre-PC, I think a better way to describe it would be post-PC.

Of course there are still some who use it as a racist term but they are the minority and it is definitely not acceptable.

Guest wayniexagt

and i did say the other week that another riot was penciled in the very near future . . the old figure of eight pub was a tad busy then ... its gona get worse . trust me . at new street station about 3 mths ago there were a load of muslims down there saying "jesus is a muslim" sharia law rules the world blar blar blar ... and then not long after a load of blues fans got off the train . . my my what a shock they got ......... if we go to there country we have to live by there laws ,dress accordingly etc abied by there culture . they come here do what they want and the second they dont like what their hearing then were all "rasicist". . you come to the uk you live under the uk law not some half arsed law that they make up in there head as they go along !!

they say its against the muslim law/religion for them to drink etc. ive seen many a muslim lad full to the brim gobbing off then wonders why he gets arrested or beat up . . shouting abuse at girls ........... . they think the world owes then something ............. yep its called a 9mm in the head . . we would get 20 lashes if we were caught drunk in there country . !!!

Guest flipflop

Love

Rudi

x

Australia has gone very PC over the last decade or so and along with many other Aussies I was peed off it :arghh:

And nothing in the news about this rally in Birmingham, when was it?

and i did say the other week that another riot was penciled in the very near future . . the old figure of eight pub was a tad busy then ... its gona get worse . trust me . at new street station about 3 mths ago there were a load of muslims down there saying "jesus is a muslim" sharia law rules the world blar blar blar ... and then not long after a load of blues fans got off the train . . my my what a shock they got ......... if we go to there country we have to live by there laws ,dress accordingly etc abied by there culture . they come here do what they want and the second they dont like what their hearing then were all "rasicist". . you come to the uk you live under the uk law not some half arsed law that they make up in there head as they go along !!

they say its against the muslim law/religion for them to drink etc. ive seen many a muslim lad full to the brim gobbing off then wonders why he gets arrested or beat up . . shouting abuse at girls ........... . they think the world owes then something ............. yep its called a 9mm in the head . . we would get 20 lashes if we were caught drunk in there country . !!!

Sorry don’t buy it…..

The problems caused are by a minority not majority; I take it the majority of Muslims fit well into UK society work hard pay taxes etc, etc, etc.

Then why don’t the majority stand up and be counted by showing they disapprove of the extremist’s actions? For the same reasons British people don’t do anything about the skin heads BNP etc. In the privacy of our own homes we are quiet happy to have an opinion on the rights and wrongs of life but when it comes to picking up a placard we all find our reasons not too!

The same laws you whinge about give you the rights you have today. If you can see Brittan changing and you’re not happy start up web sites get involved in politics do your bit to make a change……… oh that’s it you’ll be branded a racist! We can’t have that can we? You talk about Asian’s using the racist card you’re using it to sit on your arse and do nothing…..

Look at how many of you Brits whinge about Australia and complain about stupid things such as weetabix! Why do you whinge? Because it’s not the same as home! You’re lucky you are moving to a Commonwealth country what is based on the British systems so you can just slot right in but you still want change! The history is crap, sausages are crap, it rain’s to much, it’s to hot gee I could go on and on about everything people are not happy with

But you expect people from other countries coming to Britain not to want to bring their culture etc.

I would think people who are either in Australia, wanting to move to Australia, or found Australia not for them to have more respect for migrants entering Britain and realizing just how hard it is to make the move.

What ever the reasons people have to want to make the move to the UK you can’t blame them for wanting a better life, if someone offers you free housing, free NHS, money etc are you going to turn it down? The anger you have should not be directed at these people but the people who make the rules and have put these plans in place.

Guest flipflop
Sorry don’t buy it…..

The problems caused are by a minority not majority; I take it the majority of Muslims fit well into UK society work hard pay taxes etc, etc, etc.

Then why don’t the majority stand up and be counted by showing they disapprove of the extremist’s actions? For the same reasons British people don’t do anything about the skin heads BNP etc. In the privacy of our own homes we are quiet happy to have an opinion on the rights and wrongs of life but when it comes to picking up a placard we all find our reasons not too!

The same laws you whinge about give you the rights you have today. If you can see Brittan changing and you’re not happy start up web sites get involved in politics do your bit to make a change……… oh that’s it you’ll be branded a racist! We can’t have that can we? You talk about Asian’s using the racist card you’re using it to sit on your arse and do nothing…..

Look at how many of you Brits whinge about Australia and complain about stupid things such as weetabix! Why do you whinge? Because it’s not the same as home! You’re lucky you are moving to a Commonwealth country what is based on the British systems so you can just slot right in but you still want change! The history is crap, sausages are crap, it rain’s to much, it’s to hot gee I could go on and on about everything people are not happy with

But you expect people from other countries coming to Britain not to want to bring their culture etc.

I would think people who are either in Australia, wanting to move to Australia, or found Australia not for them to have more respect for migrants entering Britain and realizing just how hard it is to make the move.

What ever the reasons people have to want to make the move to the UK you can’t blame them for wanting a better life, if someone offers you free housing, free NHS, money etc are you going to turn it down? The anger you have should not be directed at these people but the people who make the rules and have put these plans in place.

Hey mate a fellow Aussie liveing in the UK , I am a bit crook at the mo as this cold weather does not agree with me :frown:

Agree with everything you say by the way mate.

Guest wayniexagt
Australia has gone very PC over the last decade or so and along with many other Aussies I was peed off it :arghh:

And nothing in the news about this rally in Birmingham, when was it?

saturday just gone !!. they all met up at the figure of 8 on broad street then it kicked off on bennets hill .

Guest jogrant3232
saturday just gone !!. they all met up at the figure of 8 on broad street then it kicked off on bennets hill .

and for the 2nd time in past few weeks the muslims came out on top,

Guest flipflop

Thats bad, I have met many muslims since I have been here and they seem OK and friendley , much better that the aboriginies in my opinion, hope that does not come across as racist but it is only my personal view.

Guest flipflop
just go on youtube and type in birmingham riots 2009 . its all there to see .

Je, how long have these riots been going on for? cross Birmingham off my "must do" list.:sad:

Archived