and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest jimharrop

Looking for Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Work Experience

Guest jimharrop

Hi,

I am 28 years old looking for work experience in Refrigeration and/or Air conditioning.

I am here with my wife in Melbourne and I am studying Refrigeration and Air conditioning as a mature student. the course is only on a Wednesday to Friday so available any other time. I require 400 hours to pass to the course then 900 hours for TRA.

I am happy to travel and to even travel to other cities during term breaks.

If anybody is looking for a trainee please contact me

thanks

Jim Harrop

0416 003282

jim.harrop@hotmail.com

Hello Jim,

Just came across your post from last year. i have posted a similar request for work experience myself this week. I am studying Air Con/Refrig at Holmesglen Institute in Melbourne.

Just wondered how you got on, if you got any work and if so, can you offer me any advice???? I'm 32 and here with my wife. Got here in Jan 2010 from Leeds and loving it except for the work scenario!!!

Cheers in advance.

Frank Robinson

frobinson77@gmail.com

Hi guys,

You could try hastie services or go through Melbourne business directory and ring around. My son is a fridgee but not sure whether his boss is taking students at the moment, will check for you though.

cheers

Olly

hastieservices.com.au

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Cheers Olly. I appreciate your help. If you could ask your Son, you never know!

I'll have a look at hastieservices. Fingers crossed.

Many Thanks

Frank

Hi,

My brother wants to enroll in the same course. May I ask you where do you study? We think to apply at the ANIBT.National Institute of Business and technology). They say that in the second year of study have 6 months apprenticeship for students, this will help student with further employment opportunities

Hi Frank

If you are still looking give me a shout I may know a couple of people who could help.

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Hi Joana, I am studying at Holmesglen Institute in Moorabbin. We certainly don't get offered a 6 month apprenticeship in our 2nd year! they are supposed to be bringing in an employment agency to help us get paid work in the industry but no sign of it yet.

Hi Kate, yes I am still looking for work with an Air Con or Refrigeration company. I know it is hard to find an employer this time of year as it is winter and work really slows down in the industry.

If you could offer any assistance with your contacts I would be very grateful!

Many Thanks Kate.

Frank

thank you for your reply. We are now in the process of choosing which institution to apply to. There are 3 government providers for this course in Mel: Chisholm, Holmesglen and RMIT (not sure) & 1 private provider ANIBT.

I have made some enquiries and compared these courses and I was confused why the ANIBT course is longer in duration comparing with the others' . Their course is 74 weeks- 1 year 1/2 and the Diploma is only 6 months. I hope they are all all right for the purpose of getting a positive skill asessment by TRA.

Hi Guys,

How are you getting on with the course? Im looking at emigrating next year from the UK and looking to go into the refrigeration industry myself in Sydney. It wont be on the skill visa as my wife is australian. Im hoping to get some experience under my belt before i come over but it might not be the case. Im studying a diploma in ac and refrigeration along with gaining the city and guilds certificates. Im hoping this should be enough to take me into the industry. Im hoping the guy from Leeds is a leeds utd fan just like myself :)

Hello mate. Indeed I am a big Leeds fan and looking forward to us beating Scum next week in the cup!

The AirCon/refrigeration course is all going well. I have now got my licenses and working for a firm in Melbourne doing varied install and service work on cool rooms, air con, supermarket fridges, beer cooling glycol systems etc. Enjoying the trade although wages seem to be in line with your experience so not earning mega bucks at the minute. Seems to plenty of work in Melbourne if you go and look for it. A few lads moan that they haven't found jobs yet but they are sat on their backsides expecting the dream job to come and find them.

My advice would be to pick up any experience that you can before you get here as it will certainly help your job prospects but it's not the end of the world. You'll be fine I reckon. There's a skill shortage in the industry and firms are always looking for extra blokes in the Summer and warmer months.

Good luck with it. If you have any other qustions just give me a shout.

Frank.

(MOT)

Hello mate. Indeed I am a big Leeds fan and looking forward to us beating Scum next week in the cup!

The AirCon/refrigeration course is all going well. I have now got my licenses and working for a firm in Melbourne doing varied install and service work on cool rooms, air con, supermarket fridges, beer cooling glycol systems etc. Enjoying the trade although wages seem to be in line with your experience so not earning mega bucks at the minute. Seems to plenty of work in Melbourne if you go and look for it. A few lads moan that they haven't found jobs yet but they are sat on their backsides expecting the dream job to come and find them.

My advice would be to pick up any experience that you can before you get here as it will certainly help your job prospects but it's not the end of the world. You'll be fine I reckon. There's a skill shortage in the industry and firms are always looking for extra blokes in the Summer and warmer months.

Good luck with it. If you have any other qustions just give me a shout.

Frank.

(MOT)

Hi Mate thanks for replying back. Yes hopefully we'll do the scum next week just like we did a few years ago in the FA cup. Ive got your email address so i'll contact you on that. Thanks again mate much appreciated.

Hi Mate thanks for replying back. Yes hopefully we'll do the scum next week just like we did a few years ago in the FA cup. Ive got your email address so i'll contact you on that. Thanks again mate much appreciated.

Hi mate,

Hope your well. Quick question, did you go over with any prior experience or qualifications or did you start fresh when you were in oz? Whan i come over i'll have some knowledge and my diploma in ac and refrigeration but not much pratical, as i know an engineer in sydney im hoping to build up some experience with him and get hands on with the equipment. Then take it from there, maybe i'll have to do a recongnised course im not sure. Hoping to get your advice.

Regards

Guest nycolas21
Hi Frank

If you are still looking give me a shout I may know a couple of people who could help.

Kate

Hi Kate,

I hope you don't mind, but after seeing your post I just wanted to find out if you know of any potential employers looking for a qualified Air conditioning technician. I have been within the trade for over 15 years now, and have worked for some major manufacturers - providing technical support, onsite service work, trouble shooting and commissioning of VRF equipment too. Hope you or others can help me?

Regards

Nick