clusterofgeals

book medicals or not

some advice please, do we apply for visa and get medicals done then or do we wait for c/o to ask for medicals then book medicals ?:unsure:

Personal choice really. If you front load your medicals you run the risk of leaving yourselves short of time to validate your visa (if it's a pr visa for example). Medicals and police checks are only valid for one year, so it's good to look at others time lines and see how long it's taking for visa grants for the visa you are going to apply for.

When you get granted your visa, you are generally given an initial date of entry (to validate by), 12 months from the date of either your police check or medical (whichever was dated earliest). Our own situation was that we waited until requested and had the medicals done in the May, our visa was granted in the July, but we had to make our initial entry by May the following year - giving us 10 months. Some people who have front loaded have found that they've only had 4 - 6 months to validate ... which is great if you've sold the house and are ready to go.

Hope this helps

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

some advice please, do we apply for visa and get medicals done then or do we wait for c/o to ask for medicals then book medicals ?:unsure:

If i was you i would wait for your case officer to request them. We waited and when we were asked for them it only took a couple of weeks to get everything together and then we sent them via courier to the DIAC on a 48 hour delivery. We got our visa granted within 3 weeks of them receiving everything so its not worth taking the risk of maybe having to do them again (cost and everything) because not a lot of time is saved anyway.

Hope this helps

Debbie :hug:

We arrived in Perth February 2010 & loving it!! :wink:

Wait...

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Guest shawgorbys

hi guys our co asked us to do our meds but we hadnt sold the house but we have just done what we got told to do they know so did meds but not sold the house so now meds have expired and visas refused so got to reapply for everything again hope this helps take care Andrea,Gary,Jack,Tom,

Guest boothy

Hiya

I would say that it depends on your personal situation and which visa you are applying for. The below is only my opinion, and you need to make your own choice, but if your a 176 applicant and:

You have no house to sell and you can up sticks and go as soon as your visa is granted i would apply for your visa then front load meds a month or so later. Then once you get your CO, all your docs are ready and they can process your visa faster (this happened to my friend).

If you need to sell your house and you have things to sort before you go, i would wait until your CO asks for them. They give you 28 days to upload your police checks and get your meds in so you have plenty of time, your application can then be picked back up and processed (this happened to me).

We uploaded our Police Checks & our meds were finalised at the beginning of August and our Visa validation date is 2nd August 2010 giving us time to sell our house etc before we go. I was advised to front load and didn't, if i had of, i would have had a validation date of June 2010 which wouldn't have given me much time to sell up.

The choice ios yours my friend

Sam