Yippee Our 176 Visa Granted

teejaygb

We got it !!!!

So happy to say after just over 2 years since we started the application we finally been granted our visa.:jiggy:

We fly out to WA next Saturday so haven't time to post off our passports for the labels - planning to go in person on Monday. Does anyone know if you have to make an appointment or just turn up ??

Does anyone know the telephone number ?? I had quick look on internet but only find a £1 minute information line - 1st day back at work today and on my lunch so don't think I dare risk ringing that one LOL.

Yeah we been waiting ages. Started September 2007 with the vetassess stuff (OH a brickie) then passed the practical in December 2007 - next IELTS test in April 2008 - then 175 lodged May 2008. Was on CSL list - had case officer Jan 2009 - then taken off CSL list. Applied WA for State Sponsorship March 2009 - granted July 2009. Case Officer August 2009 - visa granted 3rd September FINALLY. Feel like its been a lifetime.

Guest brizziebound

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you,

about time.Have a great time in WA,

can't find a phone number for Australia House but I know we sent our passports off 2 weeks ago as directed with royal mail silver pouch and received them back in 3 days from posting, suppose it will be cutting it fine though if you leave a week on sat,

Good luck,

Martin & Nicki

Hi I phoned them today on the £1 a minute number as my passports where sent to them last week but have got lost apparently :-( and I asked if they have another number but sadly not so my best advice is to go in person. Congratulations by the way enjoy your celebrations.

Shelly

Hi I phoned them today on the £1 a minute number as my passports where sent to them last week but have got lost apparently :-( and I asked if they have another number but sadly not so my best advice is to go in person. Congratulations by the way enjoy your celebrations.

Shelly

Thanks Shelly,

Me and hubby going on Monday in person - I'm not letting our passports out of my sight . It'll be nice to have a day in London together. I have been told by other members they didn't make appointments and just turned up so think we'll be ok.

thanks again

Tina

oh my god two years why so long? im wanting a working visa do you have eany idea how to go about that?

A working Visa is alot easier and you should get this back within a few weeks, I have been to Oz twice on a working holiday visa and my initial visa came through 3 days later, as I had worked in Seasonal Work for 3 months I was then eligible for a 2nd Working Visa which took about 2 weeks!! Check out - immi.gov.au for the working visa and eligibilty.

Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration

Good Luck!!

Tip - if you want to stay on in Oz after your first year and your eligible for the 2nd working Visa, the 2nd visa will allow you to stay for an additional 2 years if you apply for the 2nd visa whilst in Oz whereas if you come back to the Uk it is only valid for 1 year!!

A working Visa is alot easier and you should get this back within a few weeks, I have been to Oz twice on a working holiday visa and my initial visa came through 3 days later, as I had worked in Seasonal Work for 3 months I was then eligible for a 2nd Working Visa which took about 2 weeks!! Check out - immi.gov.au for the working visa and eligibilty.

Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration

Good Luck!!

Tip - if you want to stay on in Oz after your first year and your eligible for the 2nd working Visa, the 2nd visa will allow you to stay for an additional 2 years if you apply for the 2nd visa whilst in Oz whereas if you come back to the Uk it is only valid for 1 year!!

Good tip - my younger sis is hoping to join us on working visa when we get there so this will be good tip for her. Thanks x

Archived