Sign in to follow this  
emmaj

Where To Buy Trees & Plants?

I would like to buy a lemon tree, lime tree and maybe an orange tree. All potted but large enough to produce fruit. I would also like a couple of pepper and chilli plants, again big / old enough to produce peppers / chillis.

Does anyone know where the best place is to buy these things and also how old they need to be in order to for me to have to 'harvest' my goodies? :jiggy:

Also, ive never grown anything before, so are these easy to maintain and grow?

Many thanks

Emma

x

457 Visa Granted 4th June....Flying to Perth 6th July!!

JUST Starting To Settle & Enjoy Life In Perth!

PR Granted 22nd December 2011

Citizenship Granted 28th August 2013!

Bunnings usually have smaller trees, but I`d recommend Wandilla Nursery in Wattle Grove - they have got a fantastic range of fruit trees (they tend be more mature as well) If you want a lemon tree for a pot I`d go for a lotsa lemons tree which is a dwarf lemon (fruit is normal size though).:cute:

The people who reach the top of the tree, are only those who haven`t got the qualifications to detain them at the bottom.

Peter Ustinov

Emma

Why not go for the fruit salad tree, you can have a variety of fruits and just one tree, I keep meaning to order one but never got around to it: The Fruit Salad Tree Company Home Page

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest guest17301

I bought a lemon tree from Bunnings a few weeks ago. I've just put it in a pot and put fertiliser in it, seems to be growing very well. Only small though so I doubt it will fruit for ages. Didn't have much luck with peppers but I think we planted wrong time. Chilli peppers grow well though, need to protect them from pests well. Bought strawberry plant from Bunnings also doing very well got fruit and flowering. Tomato plants doing well too (also from Bunnings.)

Wanneroo market sells young plants and trees too-similar price. Also check the quokka, we got a job lot of plants for $20 some in glazed pots. Seem to be a lot of fruit trees for sale in Quokka too.

Guest tester23

Bunnings i would have thought. Everything garden and hardware related in one place.