Jump to content
Guest Demi60

Do I book flight now or wait?

Recommended Posts

Guest Demi60

Hi,

 

Just need some impartial advice. I am currently working my 3 month notice from my NHS lab job here in UK. I'm emigrating to Sydney so started applying for jobs in health service. My job is specialised & aussie employers are interested, hopefully I will get telephone interview.

 

My dilemma is I haven't booked my flight yet but was aiming to fly out on 30th Oct 09. Should I wait for a couple of weeks for aussie employers to get in touch or do I book flight now? Thank you.

 

Demi x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to come back down to planet earth & take one step at a time. The flight is the easy part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to stop you flying out if you have your visa, but you may want the security of a job to go to first .... depends what your priority is.


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest cazbeckham

I agree with Kirk and Co and Ali, make sure your job situation is secure before you book your flights and also that you have your visa in your hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest greengables

Unless the flight is fully refundable or the dates changeable then I wouldn't book it. Best to have the correct visa in hand before you book non-refundable flights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Demi60

Thanks for your replies. I have my feet firmly on the ground Kirk & Co, got my visa in passport in July so no problems there. I have a 3 bedroom house to go to as well so living arrangment is all sorted.

 

I just needed to put things into perspective as it's a question of timing, prospective australian employers ARE interested so it's all down to timing. Thanks

 

LOL,

D x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for your replies. I have my feet firmly on the ground Kirk & Co, got my visa in passport in July so no problems there. I have a 3 bedroom house to go to as well so living arrangment is all sorted.

 

I just needed to put things into perspective as it's a question of timing, prospective australian employers ARE interested so it's all down to timing. Thanks

 

LOL,

D x

If you are going to tell us a story give us the full one not half of it because your replies not going to be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest greengables

If you have your visa AND a house to go to and it seems like your occupation is one in which it's going to be relatively straightforward to get a job then definitely nothing stopping you booking up. If you have employers genuinely interested in recruiting you from abroad then it seems likely that you won't have difficulty securing a job on the ground anyway (and you may have even more options open to you if you are available to interview face to face in Australia) It all comes down to whether or not having a job lined up prior to arrival is an absolute essential for you. If it is then I would hold off on booking flights for now unless you are prepared to risk the cash or you want to pay extra for more flexible flights in order to be able to change your dates if you need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×