Sign in to follow this  
Guest gadget

Jail sentence

Guest gadget

:unsure: I have filled out my visa application through an agent. I have a 12 month custodial sentence for assualt 10-12 years ago (this was on my application ). I am a bit worried i might be refused for this although my agent thinks things will be ok.

It was when i was young and stupid the area i lived is was rough with alot of fighting. I moved away from there 10 years ago and now run my own business have a big house a lovely partner and 3 beautiful girls with not a bit of trouble in sight. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this please.

Many Thanks

Check out this link regarding character assessment criteria..

Character Requirement - Applications & Forms

Agent appointed March 2008, TRA SUCCESSFULL 8/8/08 (Electrician) MODL 175 LODGED 28/8/08.. PCCS received 13/2/09, Meds done 18/2/09.OFF CSL 16/3/09..Applied Qsld SS 19/3/09..Qsld SS APPROVED 18/6/09..VISA GRANTED 23/7/09..Validated 13/12/09..Moved 6/6/10.

When you send off your police checks, why not also send off some character references and a stat dec from yourself explaining the circumstances and how you've moved on from that and achieved a great deal. You're not a pesistant offender and have obviously learned from your experience ... Good on ya!

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows