Happy Lass

PMV/Spouse visa - personal documents needed for Sponsor

Hello there :)

My Aussie better-half has discovered that his passport has expired and now that we are actually preparing our application I've just entered that 'worrying about everything' stage :laugh: Anyway, my quick question to those of you who are familiar with the partner visa types is about the personal documents required by the sponsor. The checklist says:

Personal Documents – Sponsor Check Box

Evidence that your sponsor is aged 18 years or older and is an Australian

citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, such

as:

• certified copy of birth certificate

• Australian passport or foreign passport containing evidence of

permanent residence

• evidence that your sponsor usually resides in Australia

• for New Zealand citizens; evidence of length of residence in Australia

and of continuing links with Australia.

See: Sponsor Eligibility

Will it be okay to supply certified copies of his birth certificate and his current driving license without supplying his passport?

Thank you very much in advance,

H.L. :smile:

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

I think the birth cerificate will be ok but if you are concerned I think an expired Aus passport is still evidence so long as it's not one from when he was 10 ie it's fairly recent and you can still recognise him in the photo etc will also be be proof too as he had to provide evidence to obtain it.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Thanks for your reply :) Providing the expired one isn't an option so we are both hoping that it won't be absolutely necessary.

I wish I had researched this one point before we started work on our app. because it was far easier to be clear on just what we needed to do when it was all just a plan. :cute:

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Just replying to my own thread in case anyone else needs to know the answer. :smile:

I telephoned Immigration on Thursday just to double-check. I was told that the sponsor does not need to have an Australian passport at all as long as they can provide evidence, such as a birth certificate, to show that they are eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or fiancé for a partner visa application.

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Guest siamsusie

Happy Lass I provided only certified copies of my husband's Australian birth certificate and passport all were accepted. Have a wonderful life ssx

I am on 485 Visa currently which expires on 18/03/10 , I have allready applied for 885 ( non CSL and Non MODL and no sponsors so no priority.

I am getting married in November this year and my fiance is overseas,

What should I be doing, should I add her to my 885 application or should I she apply as a depedant onto my 485 Visa. Please I require this info asap.

Thanks

Mark

I don't know how either of those two visas work unfortunately and I don't think they work the same way as the partner visas subclasses 300, 309/301, 820/801. If I were you, I would get expert advice about adding her to your existing or upcoming visa. You won't be able to sponsor your fiance in on a partner visa unless one of you is an Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Good luck :smile:

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos