Emirates baggage allowance

lynne1266

My contact at Emirates has advised that at the present time there is no promotion offering increased baggage allowance apart from the ANZ offer which requires opening an ANZ Access Advantage or ANZ Everyday account in the UK prior to moving.

ANZ UK - Relocation services

At least everyone can stop hanging on waiting for the code. What a disappointment for those who have been holding out :(

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie

Yes I had been previously told that there would be a new code to replace the UKMOVE1 however I believe that the downturn in the aviation industry may still be being felt by some carriers and that's probably why they haven't continued the promotion.

Guest proud2beaussie

I don't know any of the details of the ANZ offer unfortunately,I think you may be right be I can't be certain.

The Access Advantage account usually does not have any minimum balance requirement but there may be a special

requirement for this particular promotion.

I don't know any of the details of the ANZ offer unfortunately,I think you may be right be I can't be certain.

The Access Advantage account usually does not have any minimum balance requirement but there may be a special

requirement for this particular promotion.

They want £10,000 put into the account which pays about 0.02% interest.

They want £10,000 put into the account which pays about 0.02% interest.

Hi Les,

I thought so. Do you have to leave it in there for a specified length of time to qualify I wonder? In other words could you open the account, book your flight and then withdraw most of the cash, as no doubt most people would need it?

Have you made your move to Oz yet Les?

Hi Les,

I thought so. Do you have to leave it in there for a specified length of time to qualify I wonder? In other words could you open the account, book your flight and then withdraw most of the cash, as no doubt most people would need it?

Have you made your move to Oz yet Les?

No, still need CO, not expected until end of year.

Re the bank account, I think you would have to put min £10,000 in and only get it out after they convert it to $s in Oz.

It might work for someone about to fly and Emirates were offering the best price for the flight but it seems there is the risk for a poor exchange rate on conversion, not the best flight cost and next to no interest on the money to make the extra Kgs worth it.

Bear in mind you can send about 25kgs of luggage to Oz for about £200 by courier.

The deal may pan out for some but not for me.

Thanks Les. Yes, I'm still waiting for CO too but it shouldn't be too long now.

I am checking out costs of sending things via Excess Baggage and not taking any big items at the moment as I'm not sure that my stuff is worth the money they are wanting to ship it!! LOL

check out voovit .com 30 kg to brisbane for 55 quid they supply the boxes and everything

Hi Simon & Deb

have you used Voovit? There has been a few bad comments about them on this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just been reading through this thread - has anyone booked flights through IOM Australia?, we are looking into it at the mo cos we dont qualify for the Singapore Airlines deal as we have already validated our visas.

I also looked into sending the rest of our stuff via cargo with Singapore but it was quite costly and the flights from Manchester seem to all be going Via Munich and Singapore to get us to Brisbane!! yawn!

IOM seem to be fairly reasonable we can still get the 40kg if we book through them, although the price we have been given is only an estimate until they send us the payment advice......does this sound familiar to anyone?

Guest kyeandgem

Incase anyone is interested, I have just received my confirmation of the 50kg baggage allowance.

Very easy to obtain, opened a bank account with ANZ no fees for 1st 3 months or requirement to transfer any amount of money. Once I received my account details just rang the ANZ london office they then sent me a link to the page with the emirates offer on then booked my flights. After booking flights then emailed emirates a copy of all passports and visas and received conformation email back from them stating I have the 50kg allowance.

Like I said no need to transfer any money before you get the allowance which means if you wanted you can book your flights, fly to Oz and if you so wished close your account. There are no tie ins or qualification criteria.

Incase anyone is interested, I have just received my confirmation of the 50kg baggage allowance.

Very easy to obtain, opened a bank account with ANZ no fees for 1st 3 months or requirement to transfer any amount of money. Once I received my account details just rang the ANZ london office they then sent me a link to the page with the emirates offer on then booked my flights. After booking flights then emailed emirates a copy of all passports and visas and received conformation email back from them stating I have the 50kg allowance.

Like I said no need to transfer any money before you get the allowance which means if you wanted you can book your flights, fly to Oz and if you so wished close your account. There are no tie ins or qualification criteria.

Well done.:notworthy:

Was the account you opened called the 'everyday' account?

It seems you have a good deal as the suggested 'Access Advantage' account asks for £10,000 deposit before 31st July, but it does not state details of 'everyday account'.

Guest kyeandgem

It seems you have a good deal as the suggested 'Access Advantage' account asks for £10,000 deposit before 31st July, but it does not state details of 'everyday account'.

just checked and it is the access advantage account i have opened, and nowhere on my paper work or did the people state on the phone i need to deposit any amount of money, this is one of the questions i asked when opening the account, it may be worth you ringing them if you are interested, I spoke to the london office.

Guest kyeandgem

Have also just checked out the link you put on, the 10,000 pounds you are referring to is a special offer to reduce your monthly $5 dollar fee for a year, it does not affect you qualifying for the 50kg baggage allowance. However it goes on to say you still will not have to pay the fee for the first 3 months even if you do not deposit anything.

Limited offer: if you want to save a total of AUD$60 by paying no monthly account service fee for twelve months simply open an ANZ Access Advantage account and deposit GBP 10,000 before 31 July 2010 (prior to activating your account in Australia)*.

Please note you will still pay no monthly account service fee for three months if you open an ANZ Access Advantage.

Have also just checked out the link you put on, the 10,000 pounds you are referring to is a special offer to reduce your monthly $5 dollar fee for a year, it does not affect you qualifying for the 50kg baggage allowance. However it goes on to say you still will not have to pay the fee for the first 3 months even if you do not deposit anything.

Limited offer: if you want to save a total of AUD$60 by paying no monthly account service fee for twelve months simply open an ANZ Access Advantage account and deposit GBP 10,000 before 31 July 2010 (prior to activating your account in Australia)*.

Please note you will still pay no monthly account service fee for three months if you open an ANZ Access Advantage.

Thanks for the info, we are still to far away from getting a visa but will check them out when the time comes.

Hello, im leaving for melbourne on the 31 january on a 4 year visa. I have already opened an account with NAB. I have been keeping an eye on this thread as im unsure who to fly with for the most baggage allowance. I am allowed upto 40kg with qantas as i have a moneycorp account and got a code off them. How much was your flight? Mine is going to be £666 to fly one way on 31 january 2011. Do you know if i could open an account with ANZ then get the code then not use the account?

Guest kyeandgem
Hello, im leaving for melbourne on the 31 january on a 4 year visa. I have already opened an account with NAB. I have been keeping an eye on this thread as im unsure who to fly with for the most baggage allowance. I am allowed upto 40kg with qantas as i have a moneycorp account and got a code off them. How much was your flight? Mine is going to be £666 to fly one way on 31 january 2011. Do you know if i could open an account with ANZ then get the code then not use the account?

well thats exactly what i plan to do, im not tied in to anything, if i dont validate my account within 6 months it gets closed. I have my baggage allowance confirmed by the airline already.

cost of flight from newcastle to perth £540pp when using the code given to you by the bank.

well thats exactly what i plan to do, im not tied in to anything, if i dont validate my account within 6 months it gets closed. I have my baggage allowance confirmed by the airline already.

cost of flight from newcastle to perth £540pp when using the code given to you by the bank.

Hello thanks for the advice. i have checked out the site and it says i have to print off a form fill it in and send it to australia.Have you booked your flight yet? i was wanting to book mine this week so it was sorted. If you havent would you mind putting the code in you got to see how much my fare would be please as if its not that much difference i may as well just fly with qantas. its to fly from newcastle upon tyne to melbourne. 31 january 2011. Thank you if its possible to do that. just saves me waiting a few week if its only a few pounds difference

Guest kyeandgem
Hello thanks for the advice. i have checked out the site and it says i have to print off a form fill it in and send it to australia.Have you booked your flight yet? i was wanting to book mine this week so it was sorted. If you havent would you mind putting the code in you got to see how much my fare would be please as if its not that much difference i may as well just fly with qantas. its to fly from newcastle upon tyne to melbourne. 31 january 2011. Thank you if its possible to do that. just saves me waiting a few week if its only a few pounds difference

Hi,

the difference in price is only approx £30pp this was checked against a oneway from Newcastle - Perth cost PP = approx £540pp, but its the baggage allowance and the chance to avoid heathrow that really sells it to me.

I have already booked my flights and did not have to send anything to Aus, if you read one of my earlier posts it says all that i done.

My contact at Emirates has advised that at the present time there is no promotion offering increased baggage allowance apart from the ANZ offer which requires opening an ANZ Access Advantage or ANZ Everyday account in the UK prior to moving.

Hi All

I am thinking of sending extra stuff over with a mate coming to see me a week or so after we land.

Anyone know if I can pay for his extra baggage, it would be an extra suitcase. How much would this, roughly, cost?

Hi All

I am thinking of sending extra stuff over with a mate coming to see me a week or so after we land.

Anyone know if I can pay for his extra baggage, it would be an extra suitcase. How much would this, roughly, cost?

We flew out last week :) our hand luggage was over weight which they ignored but our cases were also over by 8kg (don't ask me how 50kg each wasn't enough) they charged us £35 per kg so a bill of £280 as we checked in :(

i suggest keeping your baggage correct and using a shipping company, we used Anglo pacific for a 12 week turn around but you can get it flown over within a week if you use Excess-baggage.com

Archived