Emirates baggage allowance

lynne1266

Hey Gillian, I was looking to fly with emirates because of the baggage allowance so this is a bit of a set back, also i have just read that immigration has ceased looking at visa applications till june 30, I am going to work for woods and Bianca the lady who is dealing with my visa application has all my documents but I'm not sure if they got it lodged before the 8th may. Arghhh. I have also looked at flying with quantas as they had a 40kg limit if i booked via IOM

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys!

Nigel said he would post on here as soon as he found anything out about a new code for Emirates, so I presume he hasn't heard anything yet.

I think we are going to book with Singapore now anyway. We will get the double baggage allowance with them as we are on a 175.

Think we are going to book it at the weekend.

Melanie x

I have also looked at flying with quantas as they had a 40kg limit if i booked via IOM

We looked at Quantas but were told (as we wanted to fly from manchester) that the baggage would be limited to the allowance of British airways as they use these as an internal flight to get to london.

all the best.

Steve

Guest proud2beaussie

Guys I have sent an email to Emirates about a new promotion code to replace UKMOVE1 but I have not had a reply yet,I'll follow up with them today and I'll post any news here.

Guest GillianM

Hi, hope they do replace the code. Also id like to have something in writing from Singapore Airlines stating we get another 20kg, imagine going to airport with 40kg each and were told you werent getting it, after them saying just to show your visa stamp on passport at check in.

Nigel, which do you prefer Emmirates or Singapore?

Gillian

Hi, hope they do replace the code. Also id like to have something in writing from Singapore Airlines stating we get another 20kg, imagine going to airport with 40kg each and were told you werent getting it, after them saying just to show your visa stamp on passport at check in.

Nigel, which do you prefer Emmirates or Singapore?

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

I am going to just print out a copy of the email reply from Singapore airlines. I'm sure that'll be enough.

Melanie x

We emigrated with Singapore Airlines, we had already flew out the previous year to validate our visas, the rule is supposed to be once validated you cant have extra allowance, when we got to the airport we just showed our visas to the check in and they allowed us to have excess baggage, they were so very nice, we just told them we were permenantly emigrating.

Guys I have sent an email to Emirates about a new promotion code to replace UKMOVE1 but I have not had a reply yet,I'll follow up with them today and I'll post any news here.

I emailed emirates yesterday and got a reply stating that the extra baggage allowance was linked to opening an account with ANZ bank as a promtion- had a look at the website but they wanted more than we've want to commit to an Oz account right now!

Guest GillianM

Hi Melanie, good thinking batman lol must have had a blonde moment there. Of course, ill just print a copy of the emil from them. Anyway, when in Aug u thinking of going? Were thinking 2nd Aug but will wait till we move out the house on 18th June and in with my sis, then we'll book flights.

Gillian

Guest proud2beaussie
I emailed emirates yesterday and got a reply stating that the extra baggage allowance was linked to opening an account with ANZ bank as a promtion- had a look at the website but they wanted more than we've want to commit to an Oz account right now!

As far as I am aware that is a seperate promotion,I specifically enquired about a replacement for the UKMOVE1 promotion and I have received a reply saying that there will be a new code issued in the near future.

As regards my preference for Singapore Airlines or Emirates I would probably stick with Singapore,they have been around a long time and I've never had a bad flight with them,Emirates is excellent as regards the operations staff but I have some concerns about their management which I am not prepared to comment on publicly.

Having said that I guess it comes down to which carrier offers the best fares,the most convenient itinerary and the bext overall value for money and therefore my preference may not be suitable for anyone else.

As far as I am aware that is a seperate promotion,I specifically enquired about a replacement for the UKMOVE1 promotion and I have received a reply saying that there will be a new code issued in the near future.

As regards my preference for Singapore Airlines or Emirates I would probably stick with Singapore,they have been around a long time and I've never had a bad flight with them,Emirates is excellent as regards the operations staff but I have some concerns about their management which I am not prepared to comment on publicly.

Having said that I guess it comes down to which carrier offers the best fares,the most convenient itinerary and the bext overall value for money and therefore my preference may not be suitable for anyone else.

Thanks Nigel,

Very kind of you to take the time to find out for us.

Cheers!

Melanie x

Hi Melanie, good thinking batman lol must have had a blonde moment there. Of course, ill just print a copy of the emil from them. Anyway, when in Aug u thinking of going? Were thinking 2nd Aug but will wait till we move out the house on 18th June and in with my sis, then we'll book flights.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

Your not even Blonde are you??!!*&!!:confused:lol

We were planning on 15th August but if we leave it a week later we save about 400 quid on the cost of flights through Singapore.

We are'nt set to a specific date as the people who are buying our house don't want to move in till the beginning of August, but we were planning to go and stay the last few weeks in a 4 bed house that my parents have conveniently empty right now. And (god forbid,touch wood) if the house fell through, we had already made the decision to go in august before the house sold, and leave my Dad to sell it for us.

Best of luck with it all! Where are you heading?

Melanie x

Guest sunnyday

If you've already used the code UKMOVE1 for emirates and got the e-mail confirming this its still valid isn't it?? The new code will just be for new bookings ..yes?? Someone please put my mind at rest I don't want to turn up with excess baggage and get charged a fortune !!

If you've already used the code UKMOVE1 for emirates and got the e-mail confirming this its still valid isn't it?? The new code will just be for new bookings ..yes?? Someone please put my mind at rest I don't want to turn up with excess baggage and get charged a fortune !!

It's bound to be valid. we are flying out on the 28th and i'm not worried at all as i have my letter saying extra baggage allowed :jiggy:i'm just glad i got in before they closed it. One of the very few savings we seem to have made in this very expensive move.

Guest proud2beaussie
A pink fluffy bunny and a can of baked beans. Why?

The UKMOVE1 code was a promotion code used when booking airfares with Emirates Airlines,in allowed people holding unvalidated PR visas to get a small discount on the airfares but the main benefit was an increased baggage allowance of 50kg's per passenger.

This promotion has now ended however I have contacted Emirates and have been assured that the promotion is ongoing and a new code will be announced shortly.

I'm sure that when you are moving your whole life to the other side of the world then every little extra helps and that is why people are asking about a new code to replace UKMOVE1.

The UKMOVE1 code was a promotion code used when booking airfares with Emirates Airlines,in allowed people holding unvalidated PR visas to get a small discount on the airfares but the main benefit was an increased baggage allowance of 50kg's per passenger.

This promotion has now ended however I have contacted Emirates and have been assured that the promotion is ongoing and a new code will be announced shortly.

I'm sure that when you are moving your whole life to the other side of the world then every little extra helps and that is why people are asking about a new code to replace UKMOVE1.

Wasn't really being serious about the pink bunny, plus the new code is one that we are also waiting for since we are hoping to book our one way flights next week.

Thanks for your info, hopefully they will let you know the new code soon. Do you want the beans if I ever receive them?

Guest proud2beaussie
Do you want the beans if I ever receive them?
No thanks,give them to my sister,she eats them cold out of the tin.

(Maybe coz she's weird!)

(sorry for thread drift)

• 1 month later...
Guest kyeandgem

Nige,

Just wondering if their was any further update on this issue, me and the family are looking to book our flights very shortly and were wanting to go with emirates as it serves the best itinerary for us but if the baggage allowance is not as good as other airlines then we may just have to look else where.

thanks

gem

Guest CraigandZoe

Emirates as standard is 30kg economy and I don't think anyone is matching near that at the mo. We got in on the 50kg and it's all confirmed for our flight at the end of August. Flying biz has also given us an extra bag in the cabin too. So we have 62kg each to take. I think a trolly or two might be needed :)

Guest dunkyboy

here is the link for Emirates migrant offer

Additional baggage allowance when migrating to Australia and New Zealand | Welcome to Emirates | Emirates United Kingdom

I wanted to do a stop over in Dubai but that is not allowed with this Emirates offer, I am now thinking of going with Cathay Pacific and having a stop over in Hong Kong, they offer 40KG for one way migrant fares to Perth

Guest kyeandgem
here is the link for Emirates migrant offer

Additional baggage allowance when migrating to Australia and New Zealand | Welcome to Emirates | Emirates United Kingdom

I wanted to do a stop over in Dubai but that is not allowed with this Emirates offer, I am now thinking of going with Cathay Pacific and having a stop over in Hong Kong, they offer 40KG for one way migrant fares to Perth

Thanks,

I have just tried that link but the page come up unrecognised or do you have to follow other links on that page.

thanks

gemma

Guest lalalaliza

Hi

Does anyone know the new Emirates Airlines coed for increasing baggage allowance to 50kg's when flying with a one way ticket??

Liza

• 2 weeks later...
Guest proud2beaussie

My contact at Emirates has advised that at the present time there is no promotion offering increased baggage allowance apart from the ANZ offer which requires opening an ANZ Access Advantage or ANZ Everyday account in the UK prior to moving.

ANZ UK - Relocation services

Archived