Uk bankrupcy/iva effects on Australia move?

Guest skipp123

Guest Noodle

Hi skipp123, Sorry I have not got a clue but, it may be worth telephoning a migration agent, explaining your plans and then asking the question re. money. Just a thought, hopefully someone will get back to you soon. Try a PM to Gollywobbler, she is very good and does try to help out of the goodness of her heart. Best of luck. x

Goodmorning all,

I am currently living in england with my parents, however i have australian citezenship, i used to live there when i was a child so my parents made sure i had citezenship. i had a child australian passport which now i am a adult needs to be renewed.

i am in the process of getting my passport renewed so i can start a new life in australia but i just wondered how being made bankrupt or having a iva in england effects my new life in australia?

how would it effect.

passport application.

opening bank accts

renting propertie

getting a job

im not to fussed about morgage and getting credit at the moment.

any help would be great

I shouldnt think being made bankrupt will have any effect on your return to oz .

You are still technically an oz citizen.

Bloody hell half the uk would be empty ,if they stopped everyone with issues getting back into the uk

• 7 months later...
Guest NeilanGemz

Hi

I'm currently in a similar situation to you at the mo, I've had a business become insolvent due to the recession and obviously this has impacted my personal situation nearly as badly. We are just in the process of sorting out an IVA or a debt management plan to sort out the personal situation (the business is being dissolved). I don't think that an IVA effects the visa chances as much as bankruptcy although this is for applying for a visa (If anyone knows more on this please post as I haven't had any professional advice on the matter!!). You are already an australian citizen so in all fairness they shouldn't even check your british credit rating. The 2 countries run completely seperate credit systems too, so whatever your credit rating is like in the UK you'll be starting a fresh in Oz. If you're sure that you won't be coming back to the UK for at least 5-6 years I'd declare bankruptcy before you go. This is because if you start on an IVA and don't keep up the repayments you'll be forced to declare bankruptcy anyway!!!

I think it works a little different the other way round, if you declare bankruptcy in Oz from what I hear you're not allowed to leave the country!!! Couldn't say for sure if this is true though.

Hope this helps:biggrin:

Goodmorning all,

I am currently living in england with my parents, however i have australian citezenship, i used to live there when i was a child so my parents made sure i had citezenship. i had a child australian passport which now i am a adult needs to be renewed.

i am in the process of getting my passport renewed so i can start a new life in australia but i just wondered how being made bankrupt or having a iva in england effects my new life in australia?

how would it effect.

passport application.

opening bank accts

renting propertie

getting a job

im not to fussed about morgage and getting credit at the moment.

any help would be great

I am sure there are exceptions, but you'll find no issues here.

Cooler

Archived