Guest Linga1978

De Facto spouse visa- Family declarations

Guest Linga1978

I'm currently in the UK and am applying for the de-facto spouse visa when in Sydney with my boyfriend in September. Before I leave I just want to make sure I have everything to support the application with me and so will ask my family to provide declarations. Is there a pro forma to follow or do they just say it from the heart and free format their comments? Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Also do they need their declarations certified?

And one other thing I'm going out there on a holiday visa, does anyone have any suggestions for immigration should they question me or is it normally fine??

I don't think they need to be certified unless they're Australian citizens but there's no harm in getting those done when you get your other forms and certificates done.

I'm not sure what the pro forma should be or what would be best received. I will be giving my family the form 888 and ask them to complete the form and write a statement on our behalf in their own words.

I haven't got any advice for you regarding what to say to immigration upon arrival. I do know that they don't see a holiday visa as a means for entering the country to make an onshore application as these are intended for people who are there on other visas and they expect you to apply for the right visa in the first place.

I understand why you would want to make an onshore application but please do make sure you are fully prepared in case you have a long wait. Onshore processing times are often longer (I've been told 6 months and have recently read that they are saying 9 months now) and though you can get your answer the same day when you do so in person, I don't think that is a sure-thing. If I was in your shoes I would apply via London and ask them if you can get a tourist visa to fly out and wait for the answer from Australia.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Guest Linga1978

Hey, thanks fo the info. I suppose whatever we can produce to support our relationship from my family should help.

With regards the onshore/offshore option I've done a fair bit of research so feel comfortable doing it this way. It was actually 2 reputable agencies here that suggested the route I'm taking so cross fingers it all goes well. Who knows until you take the plunge anyway!

Good luck with yours

Who knows until you take the plunge anyway!

Good luck with yours

That's definitely true :) Good luck and do let us know how you get on :hug:

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Guest LahLay

Oh my God, Happy Lass - is it possible to ask immi if you can go back to Oz whilst the visa is being processed in London!??? As I said in another thread, am just waiting for the final bits, but thought it was better to apply in London (my friends got their visa in 3 hours a few years ago when they applied!!!) - but I am desperate to go back and see my beloved, has been 4 months and we're cracking. Also, have the wedding of my boyf's best mate at the beginning of Oct and really worried I'll miss it... any advice? THANKS.:notworthy:

Yes it is but I believe you must clear it with them first and let them know where you will be and how to contact you. Do bear in mind that as you are applying for this visa offshore you will have to go offshore when they are ready to give you their answer if you are in Australia when you get notified.

Good luck :smile:

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos