do you need to declare a driving ban?

n111kkx

Guest KatyNick

This is spooky ....!! I just e-mailed my agent last night regarding my husband having speeding points on his licence (only 3), she got back to me this morning! She said that we need to declare this 'conviction' on the Visa application form - it won't stop us getting the Visa - but we must inform DIAC.

Hope this helps.

Guest The Birmingham Villains

Hi N111kkx,

if you have no other conviction, your police check will show the Driving Ban as a conviction so it is best to be honest.

I had DD back in the eighties and put it on the application. My check came back as No Live Trace. This means you have had a conviction but it has been stepped down. I had no other criminal record.

We still got in

Regards

Kev

This is spooky ....!! I just e-mailed my agent last night regarding my husband having speeding points on his licence (only 3), she got back to me this morning! She said that we need to declare this 'conviction' on the Visa application form - it won't stop us getting the Visa - but we must inform DIAC.

Hope this helps.

Interesting...I didnt think about the few points on a licence....Thanks for pointing this out....:yes:

Archived