Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jules2

Non-Migrating Dependant Medicals

Guest Jules2

OMG just got email to say with have a CO... I'm so flustered:jiggy:

But my question is, they are requesting Medicals for all including Non-Migrating Dependants... my husband has two older lads from a previous marriage, they're now 21 and 23... do they really need medicals, or are they not classed as dependants now they're over 18yrs.

I may just be having a flustered blonde moment, but do I really need to fork out for their medicals too (hadn't budgeted for that one!!)

Any ideas???

Jules

Guest GillianM

Hi jules, did you have to get meds for them then? cos my son is 18 and working FT and isn't coming with us. Hope we don't have to fork out money for him as well. Bit of a cheek as they wont let him go on visa now hes 18.

Gillian x

Guest Jules2

Hi Gillian

We have our meds booked for Friday next week. I've been told that no we don't need the meds for the boys, as they are over 18yrs, not coming with us, and not dependant on us.

I know what you mean, the though of having to fork out another £400 + for them to have the meds sent me in to a right panic!!

Good Luck

Jules

x

Guest Julie495
OMG just got email to say with have a CO... I'm so flustered:jiggy:

But my question is, they are requesting Medicals for all including Non-Migrating Dependants... my husband has two older lads from a previous marriage, they're now 21 and 23... do they really need medicals, or are they not classed as dependants now they're over 18yrs.

I may just be having a flustered blonde moment, but do I really need to fork out for their medicals too (hadn't budgeted for that one!!)

Any ideas???

Jules

Hi Jules, the exact same thing happened to me, my 20 yr daughter isnt migrating with me, I emailed my CO explaining that she isnt coming with me and has no intention of migrating in the foreseeable future. I recieved an email back today from CO, I have to do a statutory declaration declaring she is financialy dependant and then she wont have to go to meds or have a police check. So dont worry too much, just email them explianing everything. I went ahead with meds and police check for myself before they replied, hope this helps.

Good luck We,ve been through the hard bit, glass of wine always helps (best advice i was given on here :)

Julie

Julie