Restaurant / Pub Grub / Take Aways - Post Your Reviews Here!

emmaj

Hubs and I eat out a lot and seem to be doing it more and more at the moment, mainly because we are camping out in an unfurnished rental and are coping with just a wok and a panini press :laugh:

So I thought it would be an idea to share our eating out experiences so that people know where to try and where to avoid.

Please join in and post you foodie reviews here!

Thanks

Emma

x

Hubs and I had been craving a good curry since arriving in Perth and this place was our third attempt. We had read on the net that this place was run by a family from the West Midlands UK (like us!) so we thought we would give it a try and we were so pleased we did!

The 5 Rivers - Authentic Indian Cuisine.

Woodvale Shopping Centre

3/153 Trappers Drive

Woodvale

Open Tues - Sun

We had the popadum platter to start which came with chuckneys and yogurt, the yogurt was very spicy and not cooling like we are used too but it was nice a fresh tasting.

For mains we had chicken jalfrezie, chicken saag, a plain nann and a plain rice.

Hubs couldnt stop raving about the chicken saag, it was EXTREMELY green in colour which i found a little off putting but he said it tasted amazing. I loved my jalfrezie, not as hot as i had expected but extremely tastey, fresh and not pastie which is what we have found in the other places we have tried. It always had a really pastie, condenced taste [insert sicky smiley here].

Main meals are approx $16 each and its BYO, eat in or take away :jiggy:

I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a curry fix!

Emma

x

Hubs had read good things about this place so we went for a light lunch there over the weekend.

Blue Duck Café

151 Marine Parade

Cottesloe

Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, fully leicenced :)

This place sits right on the sea front so its worth visiting for the views alone. There are a few tables outside on a balcony area but the majority of the tables are in doors.

We ordered mussels in chilli, tomato and a white wine sauce served with garlic and rosemary chiabatta with pesto and a tempura baby snapper with chips and rocket salad. I have never eaten mussels before mainly because im not a huge fishy person but also i have just never liked the look of them, however these looked so good i desided to give them a go and wow they were fantastic! Hubs and I swapped meals half way through :laugh: The snapper was great too, everything was served piping hot and tasted so fresh and yummy!

We found out that they do mussel madness evenings on a Monday & Tuesday when its $20 for mussels (a number of choices of the sauce) chiabatta and a glass of wine - I will def be going to this very soon! They also do a curry evening on a friday which is the same kind of deal but i havent tried their curry so i cant comment on this, however i may give it a try.

All in all this is a lovely place, a beautiful setting and fantastic food - well worth a visit but you may need to book if you want to go of an evening over the weekend or on one of the offer nights.

Cant wait to go back.

Emma

x

Guest Andy & Rach

Great Post Emma

We regularly eat at the C Restaurant in the City. It has to be one of the best views you will get as it's up at the top of St Martins Tower and it's the only 360 revolving restaurant so you see for miles....

The food was amazing and we also found out that they offer 25% discount on food if you mention that you are a customer of HiFX/ Currency Online when you make a reservation which I found out recently. The General Manager (Andrew) is a pom so when you book your table ask to speak to Andrew and he will sort you out.

Best time to go is just before the sun sets as it's amazing and you then get the city lights which is pretty cool....

Hubs and I had been craving a good curry since arriving in Perth and this place was our third attempt. We had read on the net that this place was run by a family from the West Midlands UK (like us!) so we thought we would give it a try and we were so pleased we did!

The 5 Rivers - Authentic Indian Cuisine.

Woodvale Shopping Centre

3/153 Trappers Drive

Woodvale

Open Tues - Sun

We had the popadum platter to start which came with chuckneys and yogurt, the yogurt was very spicy and not cooling like we are used too but it was nice a fresh tasting.

For mains we had chicken jalfrezie, chicken saag, a plain nann and a plain rice.

Hubs couldnt stop raving about the chicken saag, it was EXTREMELY green in colour which i found a little off putting but he said it tasted amazing. I loved my jalfrezie, not as hot as i had expected but extremely tastey, fresh and not pastie which is what we have found in the other places we have tried. It always had a really pastie, condenced taste [insert sicky smiley here].

Main meals are approx $16 each and its BYO, eat in or take away

I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a curry fix!

Emma

x

Emma, Fantastic Thread, can t wait to read more reviews ...... will definately be taking down details of all the resteraunts.......hopefully be over in Perth by the end of the year sooooo can t wait......

Shonz xx:jiggy:

Guest D4nnyB0y

I can highly recommend the New Panda on the border of Quinns/Mindarie for a takeaway Chinese. We don't have it often, but it's fantastic when we do :)

this site is worth a look at www.webmenu.com.au they have reviews and most of them have menus..

just to add we love Deep Blue Cafe, Moana beach, adelaide.....just love going there for brekkie, in the winter they have a lovely log fire and in the summer they open up the large window so you can eat brekkie listening to the sounds of the sea...

Jo

Guest Andy & Rach
I can highly recommend the New Panda on the border of Quinns/Mindarie for a takeaway Chinese. We don't have it often, but it's fantastic when we do :)

Ah thanks for that, we are both feeling a bit hungover today after a few too many beers at the Indian Ocean Brewery in Mindarie last night and Chinese sounds great! MMmmm

Guest tim_the_taf
Great Post Emma

We regularly eat at the C Restaurant in the City. It has to be one of the best views you will get as it's up at the top of St Martins Tower and it's the only 360 revolving restaurant so you see for miles....

The food was amazing and we also found out that they offer 25% discount on food if you mention that you are a customer of HiFX/ Currency Online when you make a reservation which I found out recently. The General Manager (Andrew) is a pom so when you book your table ask to speak to Andrew and he will sort you out.

Best time to go is just before the sun sets as it's amazing and you then get the city lights which is pretty cool....

On the flip side, we had a very disappointing meal there last time we went, and vowed never again. Much prefer Oceanus at City Beach.

Guest Andy & Rach
On the flip side, we had a very disappointing meal there last time we went, and vowed never again. Much prefer Oceanus at City Beach.

Oh that's not good! When did you go? It's recently had a change of management and last time we were there the food was delicious. I know a few other people that have been recently and they also thought it was great.

Been meaning to go to Oceanus for a while now, love the location and I bet it's spectacular watching the sun set over the ocean!

Has anyone been to Ishka at Hillaries? It's not cheap but well worth it.

Guest Andy & Rach

Tried this place last night (takeaway) and wasn't impressed!! The special fried rice was good but the rest was awful and we couldn't eat it...

Guest tim_the_taf
Oh that's not good! When did you go? It's recently had a change of management and last time we were there the food was delicious. I know a few other people that have been recently and they also thought it was great.

Been meaning to go to Oceanus for a while now, love the location and I bet it's spectacular watching the sun set over the ocean!

Has anyone been to Ishka at Hillaries? It's not cheap but well worth it.

We went there with friends late last year. Oceanus is way better, give it a go. I also like the Mussel Bar in Freo Harbour, nothing too fancy but decent menu. if you're going further afield, best meal I've ever had in Oz was at the Cape Lodge off Caves Road between Yallingup and Maggie River. Gobsmackingly good, in a different league to C, Oceanus etc. As good as a top London restaurant. Take plenty of dosh though.

Guest LondonGal

A little place we discovered recently is Divido's in Mt Hawthorn. Exxy, but really nice. The chef is a local but trained at The River Cafe in London.

Agree with Ali on Cha Cha Bull, it's really nice even if the service can be a bit lacking sometimes. Used to like the Nicholson Bar & Grill as it is kid friendly but I wish they would add some variety to their menu they haven't changed it in 7 years!!

Another good website for restaurant reviews is the EatingWA one.

Guest Andy & Rach

6825 Great Eastern Hwy

Mundaring WA 6073

(08) 9295 1787

We've been there once and it was absolutely amazing. We've eaten in some wonderful restaurants in London in the past and this beats them all. I think we'll be hard pushed to find something better. The whole degustation concept is great and we were there for about 4 hours enjoying the atmosphere and the food.

It's certainly the most expensive meal we've had since we've been here but it's by far the best at $150 per head for food only. It's one of those special occasion type of places. Not sure when we will be able to afford to go again but hopefully soon...

Guest D4nnyB0y
Tried this place last night (takeaway) and wasn't impressed!! The special fried rice was good but the rest was awful and we couldn't eat it...

Ewwww. I'm so sorry! We've had food from there 10+ times and not had a bad item :no:

While I'm in here I just remembered there's a fish and chip place in Hillary's on the jetty - it moved from its old location up onto the extension area, but I can't remember the name.... Great food though. Anyone know what it's called?

Also - Portofino's at Hillary's. Bit more expensive than fish and chips though!

Guest Andy & Rach
Ewwww. I'm so sorry! We've had food from there 10+ times and not had a bad item :no:

While I'm in here I just remembered there's a fish and chip place in Hillary's on the jetty - it moved from its old location up onto the extension area, but I can't remember the name.... Great food though. Anyone know what it's called?

Also - Portofino's at Hillary's. Bit more expensive than fish and chips though!

No worries, we are trying to lose weight and get in shape for the summer anyway so you kind of did us a favour!!

Has anyone been to Coco's in South Perth. You can get the ferry across from the City and we always see dolphins down there in the summer.

Also there is a place opposite that does a great breakfast which we like going to on a Sunday morning if the weather is nice but can't remember the name of it- sorry!

Guest LondonGal
No worries, we are trying to lose weight and get in shape for the summer anyway so you kind of did us a favour!!

Has anyone been to Coco's in South Perth. You can get the ferry across from the City and we always see dolphins down there in the summer.

Also there is a place opposite that does a great breakfast which we like going to on a Sunday morning if the weather is nice but can't remember the name of it- sorry!

Coco's is nice too. Do you mean The Oyster Bar on the Foreshore. Not sure if it is still called that as Warren Mead (the owner) went into liquidiation a while back. It is nice though, I had my work Xmas lunch there last year on the balcony, didn't see any dolphins though. :-(

The one on the opposite corner across the road looks nice too, haven't been there since it changed hands though.

Guest Andy & Rach
Coco's is nice too. Do you mean The Oyster Bar on the Foreshore. Not sure if it is still called that as Warren Mead (the owner) went into liquidiation a while back. It is nice though, I had my work Xmas lunch there last year on the balcony, didn't see any dolphins though. :-(

The one on the opposite corner across the road looks nice too, haven't been there since it changed hands though.

Hi there, i was talking about the one on the opposite corner (don't know the name). We never went to the Oyster Bar but I hear it's now an Indian restaurant.

Archived