Any meet ups planned in/around Manchester

stacyamy

Hi I was wondering if there were any meet ups planned in or around Manchester regarding emigrating to Australia, we'd love to meet up with anybody in the same position/has been in the same position as us and would love the chance to meet face to face to exchange stories and ask/take any advice/reassurance that may help us speed the progress up. We feel like its never going to happen at the moment:huh:

Guest Noodle

Hi

Was communicating on this one with 'gozzo', his family and mine are in Tameside, thought we would try to few months. I do know there is a meet up group for Adelaide nearby from time to time. Not sure where you are heading if it is Adelaide try the sister forum 'pomsinadelaide', if not PM me or Gozzo and add us a friends (sure he will not mind, just let him know in a message where you got him as a contact and why). Send me a PM and I will prob. respond Monday night as I am on nights now!!!

Take care Ley x

Hi stacyamy,

Noodle sent me a message about your thread, we have been talking on another thread about having a meet up in the coming months if you fancy it, we want to try and get people together so we can talk face to face about how things are going for each of us and its nice to know your not on your own in the Manchester area.

Check out "News, Gossip & Chat" and look for the thread called "Anyone moving from the Tameside area of Greater Manchester???" we started to talk about a meet up in the future, i might bring the thread back to the top to try and get more people to add to it.

Where are you from or living in Tameside? im in Dukinfield

Guest kirstig123

Hi, We are up for a get together too. That's if you let folk in from up our way?! My Grandad lived in Hyde, if thats any good?

Hey guys

Thats great ta, will keep my eye out, think it will help us loads. We are from Duki, originally Bury so both sides really. Hoping to move to Perth if we ever get started, theres so much to do and think about heads in bits :goofy:.

Wish I could click my fingers and be there, bet we all do, if only.........

Please keep me informed of any get togethers just in case I miss it, im new to this so not sure where to look and stay updated ect.

Hope to see you all soon

Stacey x

Hi Kirstig123,

Yes you sure can, Burnley ain't that far away lol, add me and Noodle to your friends list if you want, we aint sorted a date yet but trying to get some interest for it.

Guest kirstig123
Hi Kirstig123,

Yes you sure can, Burnley ain't that far away lol, add me and Noodle to your friends list if you want, we aint sorted a date yet but trying to get some interest for it.

Thanks, will do.

Hi everyone,

We're from Ashton Under Lyne and planning on moving to Perth next year hopefully. Thanks to simon for showing me this post. It's interesting to see just how many of us from Manchester area are trying to Escape! Good luck to everyone and we should definitely plan to meet up.

Well just seen this and thought what the hell.....

Please add us to this list..

We live in Mottram up the road from Hyde, a little round the corner from Stockport and not far from Ashton Under Lyne!:cute:

So please add us the the mailing list and then we could meet up for a chat.

Ps a child friendly pub would be a good idea!

Rob Mel Fin & Pip

Guest shawgorbys

Hi great thread were in shaw nr oldham but we can get to manchester on the train easy enough so add us to the list please were heading to perth as well if we ever get there take care Andrea,Gary,Jack,Tom,

I have been thinking of a meet up place that is child friendly, and after just seing Rob and Mels post I had a brain wave and nose bleed lol! What about the Wagon and Horses at the top of Mottram Road, it's a very nice friendly pub which is only a couple of min taxi drive from the train station or easy to find by car, feel free to tell me to p..s off or if you have any thoughts of another place please post it!!

Forgot to say that's in Stalybridge.

Simon

Guest cooperscmc

Hi

We were granted our 176 visa this week and are moving to Melbourne. We are from Mossley in Tameside Greater Manchester so also would like to meet new prospective migrants

Martin and Sarah

Gozzo,

I really like the Wagon and Horses but its not very child friendly.

I was thinking somewhere like the Mottram Wood at the top end of the M67..

Mottram Wood Pub Restaurant, Mottram, Nr Hyde, Cheshire

Or how about the Stable Gate at the junction of the M67 and M60

Brewers Fayre | Restaurants | Search

The Stable Gate is a nicer place but i dont mind which.

I am not trying to take over Gozzo but if there is something for the children to do the adults can chat in piece....

Cheers Rob

Yes I know them, Stable Gate sounds good, I will start a new thread when I finish work with place and some dates, a few of us work shifts and have to work some weekends so we will try and fit it round us all.

I will post it in "News Gossip & Chat.

Simon

Archived