Civil Engineers?

Guest mp1

Hello.

Been having a look at the site over the last few days and very impressed with the knowladge and helpfulness of all of you.

I spent a year travelling around ozz in 2000 and ever since have been working to get the points to get in.

I have a Civil Engineering Diploma that gets me the Australian Engineers ASCO code of 2128-11 but I need to complete a CDR report to bump it up to a 2124-11 code as I have looked at all the ways to get in and that is my only way. I get 115 points so far but need the 2124-11 code so it is on the MODL list.

Has anyone got any advice?

Thanks for any assistance.

Speak to the Instituition of Civil Engineers on this. It may be that you can become an Associate Member by taking a Professional Review (more involved than the CPD report but you get more in return). This would give you a professional qualification that might bump up the points to the 120 needed. Look at http://www.ice.org.uk as this might also point you in the correct direction.

Also look at the equivalent organisation on Oz (Engineers Australia) who may be able to confirm this route or others to you. They ultimately undertake your skills assessment so talking to them first may put you on the correct track.

Hope this is of some use.

Archived