Beware Real Estate Agent in Melbourne Eastern Surburbs just a crook!

Guest itskaren

Guest itskaren
Incredible.Maybe you should ask him what he would have considered WAS important.!

I hope you have success in getting your money back from this turkey very quickly Karen.

Thanks for that! I will try!!!

Guest itskaren
that sounds terrible!! :arghh:, can you PM me the name?

Hi there

Sorry having a bit of difficulity in PM you. Can you PM me and I'll reply?

thanks

Guest The Pom Queen
Just an update!!

I have spoken to the real estate agent today and he told me that he knew verbally but not in writing that there was an order for it to be demolished! He seemed to think that it was not important for us to have known about this information before we paid the deposit!!!

Is it Me???

Oh Karen, it is terrible!!!

Have you complained to EARS (Estate Agents Resolution Service) Here is the application form if you need it http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256902000FE154/Lookup/CAV_Forms_Complaint/$file/EstateAgentComplaint.pdf

Good luck

Kate:wubclub:

Guest itskaren
Oh Karen, it is terrible!!!

Have you complained to EARS (Estate Agents Resolution Service) Here is the application form if you need it http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256902000FE154/Lookup/CAV_Forms_Complaint/$file/EstateAgentComplaint.pdf

Good luck

Kate:wubclub:

HI Kate

Thanks for that. I am making a VCAT CLAIM. I have spoken to EARS and they have advised me to do this!

Thanks anyway!

Guest itskaren
that sounds terrible!! :arghh:, can you PM me the name?

Sorry!

Managed to PM you now!

Good Luck in your search for a house! Pass on this information!

Guest itskaren

Thanks to the journalist (in Australia) who has contacted me via this site and would like to do an article on this if necessary.

I will see what happens during the next couple of weeks and go from there.

Thanks for your support PIO people!!!! xxx

Guest itskaren

JUst wanted to say it is really not about the money we have lost on this but how a 'professional'' can do this to another person. We are a hard working family who just want to find a place to live/build. We are not out to hurt or upset anyone at all. Unlike the real estate company involved.

I will not let this go until I am satisfied with the outcome firstly 1. apologise 2. money back

Thanks for 'listening'. xx

Guest itskaren
Thanks Karen :smile:.

The other thing you could do is if the agent is part of a group is to copy your complaint to the companies head office,there may have been other complaints about them and they may be very interested to hear about your bad experience.

Anyway I wish you luck and I hope you are able to sort it quickly.

keep us informed of what happens.

I forgot to say he is the 'top dog!'' owner and manager of them all!

There's no chance for anyone else if the manager/owner behaves like this!!:sad:

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to say he is the 'top dog!'' owner and manager of them all!

There's no chance for anyone else if the manager/owner behaves like this!!:sad:

Hi Karen

Neil Jenman trys very hard to bat for the little man in cases against dishonest agents or those who simply lack ethics when it comes down to real estate transactions. The majority of us real estate agents do act honourably in all our dealings; alas there are a small minority who don't.

It might be worth your while to contact Neil Jenman; he seems to be an all-round good bloke who has got a bee in his bonnet about dodgy brother real estate agent types...... and good on him for continuing his crusade.

If we agents step out of line here in WA we are answerable to REBA; who will clamp down on us like a ton of bricks. I should imagine there is a similar Government body over in Victoria who will act likewise?

Good luck in your David & Goliath type fight............ hope you win as there is nothing more I hate than unscrupulous type real estate agents who tend to give us all a bad name.

Regards

Johnno

Guest itskaren
Hi Karen

Neil Jenman trys very hard to bat for the little man in cases against dishonest agents or those who simply lack ethics when it comes down to real estate transactions. The majority of us real estate agents do act honourably in all our dealings; alas there are a small minority who don't.

It might be worth your while to contact Neil Jenman; he seems to be an all-round good bloke who has got a bee in his bonnet about dodgy brother real estate agent types...... and good on him for continuing his crusade.

If we agents step out of line here in WA we are answerable to REBA; who will clamp down on us like a ton of bricks. I should imagine there is a similar Government body over in Victoria who will act likewise?

Good luck in your David & Goliath type fight............ hope you win as there is nothing more I hate than unscrupulous type real estate agents who tend to give us all a bad name.

Regards

Johnno

Hi there

Thanks for that. You are correct in saying that not all real estate agents are like this! There are some fantastic ones too.

:hug:

• 7 months later...
Guest itskaren

Quick update ...

Went to VCAT a couple of weeks ago. As we were sitting there waiting for the 'member'' she came in and informed us that the case was postponed as VCAT forgot to inform the other party to attend! She said we could make use of this time to come to any conclusion.

So the real estate agent and myself sat down and talked for 30 minutes. He offered me $500! I politely declined so another date now has to be set.

Guest Guest31881

Hi Karen,

I hope it works out for you and you get a good result from this problem. Unfortunatly you will always get good and bad in any industry and it sounds like you found the worst.

I have not brought a house but I have had a couple of dealings with agents when renting. My first agent came round every 3 months to do inspections and even went to the extent of moving the cooker to see if we were keeping it clean at the back. She did not appreciate me asking her if she used to work for the Gestapo and was looking for the escape tunnel. My present agent is great and its more like having a friend pop round when she does the inspections, comes in has a cup of tea and asks if we have any problems to report. The unit is always clean and when I asked if she wanted to look in other rooms she said "no I can tell from sitting here its all OK".

They are not all bad, but at least you can use word of mouth to explain what happened to you when talking to others and that can be a very powerful tool.:wink:

Guest itskaren
Hi Karen,

I hope it works out for you and you get a good result from this problem. Unfortunatly you will always get good and bad in any industry and it sounds like you found the worst.

I have not brought a house but I have had a couple of dealings with agents when renting. My first agent came round every 3 months to do inspections and even went to the extent of moving the cooker to see if we were keeping it clean at the back. She did not appreciate me asking her if she used to work for the Gestapo and was looking for the escape tunnel. My present agent is great and its more like having a friend pop round when she does the inspections, comes in has a cup of tea and asks if we have any problems to report. The unit is always clean and when I asked if she wanted to look in other rooms she said "no I can tell from sitting here its all OK".

They are not all bad, but at least you can use word of mouth to explain what happened to you when talking to others and that can be a very powerful tool.:wink:

Thanks for that Colin. Of course there are some great agents out there. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Guest janetridley

Hi... I would love to know the name of this agent as we are planning on buying in that area soon! Hope you got your money back!

Janet

Guest itskaren
Hi... I would love to know the name of this agent as we are planning on buying in that area soon! Hope you got your money back!

Janet

Sure , I have PM you.

Guest mike0365

Hi Karen, hope you've made some progress on this. Could you pls pm me the name of the agent? Thinking moving to Mel later this year. Thanks.

Guest itskaren
Hi Karen, hope you've made some progress on this. Could you pls pm me the name of the agent? Thinking moving to Mel later this year. Thanks.

Sure , will do.

Archived