Beware Real Estate Agent in Melbourne Eastern Surburbs just a crook!

Guest itskaren

Guest itskaren

We had a land/house that fell through recently. To cut a long story short it was an acre piece of land with a shabby house on it. It was sold to us with 'live here while you build your dream home ...'

The agent is based in Olinda

We paid the deposit, signed contracts etc, 4 days before move date we had a letter from our solicitor stateing that the house had an order of it to be demolished and that we cannot live there!!!! The agent knew about this but did not tell us!!!

We manage to get all of our deposit back. The agent concerned has not replied to my letters or emails at all!!! It has cost us $3000k in fees (building plans, legal fees etc). I want these back!

If anyone wants to know the name of the agent PM me and I will tell you.

He is a crooK!!!

I am in the middle of making a complaint with REIV

I work with the public in many places. It is a great way of having a conversation.

'Do you live locally?'

'Well no we had a house that fell through ...'

óh, what happened .... well there as this agent ..............'

:arghh:

If there is just one customer that maybe might just thin twice about using this agent after my experience then that would be great.

Guest Toorak Trev

Can you PM me

Come January there are a few agents being watched. I have 2 buyers agents I invest with and they have both got the knives out for serial underquoters.

For those that don't know underquoting is where they claim the guide price is x when infact it should be xxx. Come auction day the roadside is flooded with people all thinking they have a chance on the property (all thinking its a bargain but not thinking straight as greed sets in) - then disappointment as the auction pushes well past their budgets. The way agents get better prices is they use human emotions and make real buyers concerned there is a big demand. ie some auctions have had up to 200 people turn up but only really 2 or 3 real contenders.

We had a land/house that fell through recently. To cut a long story short it was an acre piece of land with a shabby house on it. It was sold to us with 'live here while you build your dream home ...'

The agent is based in Olinda

We paid the deposit, signed contracts etc, 4 days before move date we had a letter from our solicitor stateing that the house had an order of it to be demolished and that we cannot live there!!!! The agent knew about this but did not tell us!!!

We manage to get all of our deposit back. The agent concerned has not replied to my letters or emails at all!!! It has cost us $3000k in fees (building plans, legal fees etc). I want these back!

If anyone wants to know the name of the agent PM me and I will tell you.

He is a crooK!!!

I am in the middle of making a complaint with REIV

I work with the public in many places. It is a great way of having a conversation.

'Do you live locally?'

'Well no we had a house that fell through ...'

óh, what happened .... well there as this agent ..............'

:arghh:

If there is just one customer that maybe might just thin twice about using this agent after my experience then that would be great.

Good on you, I used to deal with many real estate agents in my business in Melbourne, and I have so many times swayed people away from certain agents because of them treating people badly - there are tougher new laws for them now, and you are doing the right thing complaining, take it as far as you can, they run but they can't hide. The REIV are pretty much for the agents, so you might have to take it further than that - Consumer Affairs Victoria or the Ombudsman ? They are in the white pages. Sorry you have had this experience, what a pain. Good luck with it.

Guest itskaren
Wow you must be gutted. Hope you find something else soon. Do you mind PMing me if they are a chain?

Good luck with getting your money back.

Thanks

Rach

Hi it is a chain! I'll PM you gladly!

Guest itskaren
Good on you, I used to deal with many real estate agents in my business in Melbourne, and I have so many times swayed people away from certain agents because of them treating people badly - there are tougher new laws for them now, and you are doing the right thing complaining, take it as far as you can, they run but they can't hide. The REIV are pretty much for the agents, so you might have to take it further than that - Consumer Affairs Victoria or the Ombudsman ? They are in the white pages. Sorry you have had this experience, what a pain. Good luck with it.

Hi Olly

Thanks for that. I will certainly take it all the way!:sad:

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Karen,

It sounds like you had a really terrible experience and I hope that you are successful in obtaining compensation however can I please caution you and ask you to be very careful about what sort of details you give out on open forums,anything that could lead to the identity of the agent being disclosed could lead to legal issues for Tim.

So please tread very carefully,even saying that the agent is a franchise could cause problems if there is only a few franchise agents in that area.

Guest itskaren
Hi Karen,

It sounds like you had a really terrible experience and I hope that you are successful in obtaining compensation however can I please caution you and ask you to be very careful about what sort of details you give out on open forums,anything that could lead to the identity of the agent being disclosed could lead to legal issues for Tim.

So please tread very carefully,even saying that the agent is a franchise could cause problems if there is only a few franchise agents in that area.

'

Hi there

That's why I have not named the agent !

Guest itskaren
Hi Karen,

I appreciate what you are saying though~!:policeman: thanks

Guest proud2beaussie

Just a friendly note of advice Karen that's all.We have to be very careful about what is posted here and whilst you have done the right thing in not naming it I still need to look after the interests of the site owner,I don't doubt that you have had a terrible experience and deserve to get your money back and the agent needs to be disciplined but using caution in what you post is still desirable,it's very easy to let something slip.

Just be careful that's all I'm saying.(I'm not saying that you haven't been already)

Guest itskaren
Just a friendly note of advice Karen that's all.We have to be very careful about what is posted here and whilst you have done the right thing in not naming it I still need to look after the interests of the site owner,I don't doubt that you have had a terrible experience and deserve to get your money back and the agent needs to be disciplined but using caution in what you post is still desirable,it's very easy to let something slip.

Just be careful that's all I'm saying.(I'm not saying that you haven't been already)

I get the picture.

thanks!

Guest proud2beaussie

Thanks Karen :smile:.

The other thing you could do is if the agent is part of a group is to copy your complaint to the companies head office,there may have been other complaints about them and they may be very interested to hear about your bad experience.

Anyway I wish you luck and I hope you are able to sort it quickly.

keep us informed of what happens.

Guest itskaren

The other thing you could do is if the agent is part of a group is to copy your complaint to the companies head office,there may have been other complaints about them and they may be very interested to hear about your bad experience.

Thanks for that. I think he owns the chain!!

I am seeing a solicitor on Monday.

Guest itskaren

I am seeing a solicitor today regrding this. He has not answered to my nice polite letters or emails! I am just being completely ignored!

Thanks to all those who have contacted me so I have had the opportunity to name and shame them!

Guest gary12
I am seeing a solicitor today regrding this. He has not answered to my nice polite letters or emails! I am just being completely ignored!

Thanks to all those who have contacted me so I have had the opportunity to name and shame them!

Best of luck Karen, hope your hubby has a safe journey and a good break in the UK.

Michelle

I agree with you on this.....

My "sulk" is with shipping companies and Tea Leaf's !

Snag is not everybody wants to report losses or as in your case take on - what could be a long struggle for the justice of the events and at least a return to Status Quo.

Best of luck.

I get the picture.

thanks!

Hi,

To reinforce Nigel's comments, the best way in these situations is to consider everything you write as evidence in court - cos if it aint and somebody sulks... it soon will be.

Deal with provable facts not opinions.

In my case I had items which left our UK property on a shippers van. They did not arrive in Australia. I did not state on the forum that the shippers staff stole the items, I stayed with facts - that between the UK and Au - they went missing.

The insurance paid out on the basis of loss or damaged.

To get your fee's back, you may have to prove the agent was negligent or misrepresented the land and property status to your detriment.

That could lay in the date on the demololition order and notification to the agent concerned.

L.L.

The agent is the vendors agent and details of the property are set out in the Section 32 Statement which is prepared by the vendors solicitor or conveyancer and will contain any notice that these people have been provided with by the vendor..

It may be that the agent did not know about this or the solicitor or conveyancer if they had not been provided with the notice to include.

Its buyer beware and people must make their own inquiries and the council is the place to start.

I agree with Nigel defamation laws are in place here in Victoria and we need to be careful what we write in forums and what we say to strangers.

Its not defamation if the facts are correct but it is if its heresay and there is no proof to back up the allegation.

Guest itskaren

I would but he is the 'main guy' owner!

Guest itskaren
The agent is the vendors agent and details of the property are set out in the Section 32 Statement which is prepared by the vendors solicitor or conveyancer and will contain any notice that these people have been provided with by the vendor..

It may be that the agent did not know about this or the solicitor or conveyancer if they had not been provided with the notice to include.

Its buyer beware and people must make their own inquiries and the council is the place to start.

I agree with Nigel defamation laws are in place here in Victoria and we need to be careful what we write in forums and what we say to strangers.

Its not defamation if the facts are correct but it is if its heresay and there is no proof to back up the allegation.

I appreciate what you are saying. The agent was aware IMO as he said to me as such.. But this was verbal and not in writing.

Guest itskaren

Just an update!!

I have spoken to the real estate agent today and he told me that he knew verbally but not in writing that there was an order for it to be demolished! He seemed to think that it was not important for us to have known about this information before we paid the deposit!!!

Is it Me???

Guest proud2beaussie
He seemed to think that it was not important for us to have known about this information before we paid the deposit!!!
Incredible.Maybe you should ask him what he would have considered WAS important.!

I hope you have success in getting your money back from this turkey very quickly Karen.

Keep us updated please.

Archived