Juliep

how do i prove my kids dependants

hi

im on a 457 visa living on brisbane and going to start my PR i want to know how i prove that my 18 yr and 21 yr old are dependant on me ? they also want to return to the uk to study as it works out cheaper to study over there than her as we arent PR yet

any advice please

julie x

hi

im on a 457 visa living on brisbane and going to start my PR i want to know how i prove that my 18 yr and 21 yr old are dependant on me ? they also want to return to the uk to study as it works out cheaper to study over there than her as we arent PR yet

any advice please

julie x

hi julie ...if they are living at home with you and are in full time education then they are classed as being dependant on you ... i had to do this with my daughter and i basically had to write a stat dec to say that she was at college and and worked part time ....we said that she depended on us for a roof over her head , all her meals ,and expenses to ensure she was able to attend her course

mrs keily

LIFE IS A COIN , YOU CAN SPEND IT ON WHATEVER YOU WISH , BUT ... YOU CAN ONLY SPEND IT ONCE

See also form 47A:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47a.pdf

Feel able to telephone to discuss as well: 07 3112 2925 (Brisbane).

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Hi, we had to get a letter from Uni to say our son who is 21, was a full time student, which obviously made him dependant on us.

I believe they have to be dependent when the visa is granted too, so can't go out and get a full time job for example after the application is sent off.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Obedoh

My son 20 and at Uni when we applied. Sent them details of how much we gave him each month, kept supermarket receipts as we bought all his toiletries, etc. When visa was granted he had left Uni and was working.

Jackie

That's good to know then Jackie, I always assumed that they had to still be dependent upon you when the visa was granted

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Your assumption is correct, ali - dependency is a time of visa decision issue.

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Just a thought but if they return to the UK for UNI then they are not under your roof but are looking after themselves

hi

any advice please

julie x