Alton Towers ban Budgie Smugglers!!!!!!!!

calNgary

What next ?lol, what are your thoughts? Should trunks stay or go?

A POPULAR theme park has banned men from wearing Speedos or skimpy budgie smugglers on site, claiming they disrupt the site's family atmosphere.

The Alton Towers has banned Speedos and other types of tight swimming trunks at its Staffordshire site on grounds of taste.

The trunks are favoured by the likes of Rod Stewart and soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo.

But it seems Alton Towers' bosses cannot stomach the types of swimwear that have featured at their waterpark, reckoning them "more suited to Spain than Staffordshire".

The company said that a number of men had been sporting tight trunks during the hot weather.

It went on: "To prevent embarrassment among fellow members of the public and to maintain the family friendly atmosphere at the resort, bosses have taken the extreme measure of banning these tight trunks from their popular waterpark located within the Splash Landings Hotel.

hahahahahaha BRILLIANT!

Whatever next... oh wait... they will probably make the women wear a one piece swimming suit and ban bikinis! lol

Personally speaking mens bodies are a lot less attractive than womens. tight fitting swimwear should be made illegal for men. We are not all blessed with bodies like daniel craigs!! obviously mine is !! tee hee

I have one of "those" mirrors as well. :twitcy:

Get me a cold towel please - this story has just been covered on our morning breakfast show, and they had 2 rather nice men showing off the 'Aussie Bum' brand budgie smugglers. It's going to take me ages to calm down after seeing that (is that cold towel coming any time soon!).

I suppose this place in England is not going to ban bikinis any time soon, even though there will be women who don't look fantastic in them either. Why are men in shorty tight undies a problem, but women in bikinis are not? I say let people wear what they like in this place, surely they are paying customers and no one needs these outdated and sexist opinions. If tight short things are good enough for Aussie men then they are good enough for English men too. :yes:

Guest Em Batch

My colleague went to Centre Parks with the family and to take the thread the other way, they have banned anyone from wearing shorts.....they have to wear Speedos.....he was very distraught. There he was happy playing with his little boy in the pool and the lifeguard came along 'excuse me Sir, the policy is you have to wear speedos' he mentioned he did not have any. 'Sir, we are selling them over at the sport shop' (funny that) low and behold....20 other men were all queing, heads bowed down waiting to buy their 'new' swimming wear. He was told he would not be able to swim unless he had these....

Guest Impatient
My colleague went to Centre Parks with the family and to take the thread the other way, they have banned anyone from wearing shorts.....they have to wear Speedos.....

Please tell me that is a joke, CP is enough of a rip-off anyway...

Guest Em Batch

Nope, no joke at all....promise. He was, to say the least not a happy bunny. But it was the fact that they 'had to' otherwise they were not allowed to swim...the cheek of it. I can't remember there reasoning for it but it's true I tell ya :-) It's ok if you like to wear them but if not, then it can be quite distressing me thinks :-)

What next ?lol, what are your thoughts? Should trunks stay or go?

A POPULAR theme park has banned men from wearing Speedos or skimpy budgie smugglers on site, claiming they disrupt the site's family atmosphere.

The Alton Towers has banned Speedos and other types of tight swimming trunks at its Staffordshire site on grounds of taste.

The trunks are favoured by the likes of Rod Stewart and soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo.

But it seems Alton Towers' bosses cannot stomach the types of swimwear that have featured at their waterpark, reckoning them "more suited to Spain than Staffordshire".

The company said that a number of men had been sporting tight trunks during the hot weather.

It went on: "To prevent embarrassment among fellow members of the public and to maintain the family friendly atmosphere at the resort, bosses have taken the extreme measure of banning these tight trunks from their popular waterpark located within the Splash Landings Hotel.

I also read that they are offering men waxing to prevent further embarrassment!

But you would think the waxing would be needed if they had budgie smugglers and not shorts on???:wideeyed:

Guest Em Batch

I'm still laughing at the term Budgie Smugglers....never heard that one but shall be using it from now on...:-) would any bloke wear a thong type piece of swimwear ?...or why not let hell brake loose and go for the Mankini....whatever next !!

I'm still laughing at the term Budgie Smugglers....never heard that one but shall be using it from now on...:-) would any bloke wear a thong type piece of swimwear ?...or why not let hell brake loose and go for the Mankini....whatever next !!

careys_mankini.jpg

Guest Em Batch

Does it for me....ha ha....I am wrong on so many levels! He's had a wax too....I swear. Can't believe I studied this to notice it....HEEEELLLLPPPPPP MMmeeeeeeeee

Archived