Clinical Research Associate...is this in the skills list for skilled migration?

Guest sumali

Guest sumali

Hi All, Just wondered if there were any CRAs out there with permanent residency obtained through the skilled migration option. I can't seem to find a skill associated with clinical research. Please help!!

Guest vinnie80

You can apply for Life Scientist (nec). Send your certificate to VETASSESS to verify your profession. I applied for the same... i have a degree in BSc Bioinformatics. Hope this helps..

Guest sumali

Thanks a lot. That's very helpful. I'm currently on a working holiday visa. can I still apply for the permanent residency through the skilled category?

Guest vinnie80

yes, you can but when they issue u a visa, u must be out of the country. U can worry about that later after u get the visa... now, go ahead and apply for it... Do apply a state sponsorship as well because SS are in priority process right now. So, you'll get ur visa faster.

Guest vinnie80

if i'm not mistaken, when they want to issue u a visa, u should not be in australia. so, they'll offer you a pregrant letter instead. once u r out of the country, u'll be granted a visa and then u can enter the country. You can find this information in booklet 6.

Guest punita

Hey Vinnie

I have lodged my file for NSW state sponshership on 30/05/09.........could you pls tell me how much is the processing time?........moreover........i got 7 in 3 modules and 6.5 in one module........though i got sponshership from state.......Do i have to attempt again for getting 7 in all or its done now?.......

Thanks

Guest punita

I have lodged my file for NSW state sponsorship on 30/05/09.........could you pls tell me how much is the processing time?........moreover........i got 7 in 3 modules and 6.5 in one module........though i got sponsorship from state.......Do i have to attempt again for getting 7 in all or its done now?.......

Thanks

:huh:

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I came across this thread while I was looking on any information on whether the "Life Scientist (nec)" ENSOL category is applicable for CRAs. If punita and vinnie are still around, I would like to hear how their respective applications worked out? Or if anyone else could share his/her experience?

Guest asereht01

hi!! oh yes, i am now working as a CRA here in sydney...also a CRA from my country...then an australian employer sponsored my 457 working visa..my nominated occupation is Life scientise nec..

but before that, I am also a NSW state sponsored and applied for a 176 visa..still waiting for it until now...but luckily i am now here bec of my 457 visa

I am a CRA when i applied at VETASSESS (July 2009)..but that time they don't require working experience yet..vetassess will only assess your tertiary education ..i am a graduate of a 5-year industrial pharmacy ..but then , i think now vetassess needs at least 1 year working experiencein this field

hope this enlightens you guys =)

• 2 months later...

A belated thanks for your answer, asereht. I am about to make a list of all the things I will need for an assessment. I have 2.5 years as CRA "to offer", so that will not be a problem. The most pain it will be to get my (german) evidence of employment translated and certified. I will have to call VETASSESS to find out what my options are...I left my originals in Germany, so I would rather like to send certified copies for translation to a place in Germany, provided the way copies are certified in Germany is accepted by VET :D

Bureaucracy...no fun, wherever you are...

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any other information regarding the CRA jobs in Australia (working schedule and style considering the difference in distances between cities compared to European countries). I am from Romania and we are trying for a while already to migrate to AU. I have 5 years of experience after finishing the Medicine faculty. Until finding this topic I did not know that CRA job can be assessed for immigration purpose. Thank you for that. A new opportunity appeared. Also, any recent migrants under this job - any idea how states assess this job for state sponsorship for 176. I saw that Victoria has it on it's list on green for a while. Now I just need IELTS with more than 7 in each band (writing test killed me 2 times before by 0,5 points but in Academic so I have more hopes now that I will try General...). Thank you again for any help. Cheers.

LE: I managed 8,5/8,5/7/8 at IELTS and now I'm preparing the VETASSESS doumentation. We'll see how this goes...

LLE: 2 years, one child and a refused SS from Victoria later, this week we have received SS from Queensland.

Edited by MikkiDuda

• 5 years later...

hii im a doctor of pharmacy (post graduation) recent pass out, i wish to migrate to australia for CRA or drug safety asssociate, my age is 23 and have 7 ielts band. am i eligible to get any sought of pr r any way to start working in australia? can any one help me out as i dont have any previous experience. thank you in advance .

• 1 year later...